Say It One More Time

A Cute Couple

As me and Ally walked home that afternoon, I found that I was feeling so much happier, and so was Ally.
“Sooo…” she started “I hear you may have made up with Frankie..?”
“If by ‘made up’ you mean saving his ass from Jace and apologising, then I suppose you could say I have…”
“He never told me about the saving his ass part…”
“Funny that… What exactly did he say?”
“I’ll show you, he texted me” she smiled pulling out her phone.
Hey! Sooo I spoke to Lorena, and she didn’t tell me to shut up, or shout at me! :D She actually apologised, not that I think she needed to… x
“Aww bless him,” I smiled “I don’t get why he’s so bothered though…”
“Because, Rennie, he is a lovely, friendly, trustworthy guy, and you are a lovely girl” she laughed at me, “Plus, you can beat up Jace if you need to” she finished grinning.
“Ha! I bet he’s so confused about today” I smirked
“Seriously! How did you even learn to fight like that?! It’s impressive from what I’ve heard”
“Sometimes, you have to take things into your own hands, I learnt to fight secretly, even mum and dad didn’t know” I reminisced all the fight classes I went to… They really were a turning point in my life.
“Awesome!” she grinned, but this time, she looked like she was thinking of other things.
“So… Ally… What’s up with you?” I asked, being nosey.
“What do you mean?”
“There’s something on your mind, care to share?” I winked at her, nudging her arm at the same time.
“Well… There is one thing…” she started to say
“Yes?”
“What do you think of Mikey?” she blurted out,
“Woahh! Here’s me thinking you’re trying to get me with Frank, and now you’re asking about Mikey?” I laughed at her
“What?! No! For one I’m just trying to get you to trust Frank as a friend, unless you want more…?” she tried to change the subject with a wink but failing when I just stared at her, “And I was asking about Mikey because, well, I kinda like him…”
“Awww! That’s so cute! I think you’re perfect for each other!” I squealed at her, jumping up and down.
“I was thinking of inviting him round to ours later, maybe talk to him…”
“Do it! Laura won’t mind, and James is working late tonight isn’t he?”
“Yeah that’s true, I think mom will be just as bad as you!” we both laughed, knowing that it was true.

-~-

About an hour after we got home, I heard a knock at the door, guessing it was Mikey, I decided to head downstairs. I should probably apologise to him as well…

Ally was already at the door when I got there, she took a couple of deep breaths before opening it, clearly nervous.
“Hey! Oh hey Frank, I didn’t realise that you were coming along too,” she questioned clearly disappointed
“Well he was already round at ours so…”
“Well come in then, she pulled them through the door”
“Hey Mikey, can I talk to you a minute?” I asked quickly, going into the kitchen.
“I just wanted to apologise, you know, for shouting… I didn’t mean it”
“Don’t worry about it” he smiled and we went back to find Ally and Frank.
Ally looked disappointed that Frank was here too, so I decided to step up.
“Umm Frank..?” I asked; he turned around to look at me, smiling.
“Yeah?”
“I was just wondering, I need to go and get a new phone, but I have no idea where anything is around here… You wouldn’t mind showing me would you?” I actually felt nervous about asking him this, but when I saw his smile expand and his eyes light up, I calmed down immediately.
“Why not?” he agreed, my plan had worked.

“Laura?! I’m heading out into town to get a new phone, Frank’s gonna come with me so I don’t get lost”
“Ok hun!” I heard her shout from the living room

“Oh Rennie,” Ally pulled me to one side, “thanks” she whispered before practically pushing me out of the door.

We started walking down the street in the direction of town. The weather was still warm considering the time of day.
“So, what the hell was up with Ally? I don’t think I’ve ever seen her hate the sight of me that much…” Frank sounded so confused, it was kinda funny.
“Aww it wasn’t that she didn’t want to see you… Well actually, it was… Does Mikey like her?”
“As in like like? Liker her more than a friend?” Frank asked, sounding even more confused.
“Well yeah” I replied sarcastically
“Oh god yeah, he never shuts up about her! Like ever!” I laughed and smiled at the thought that they might just get together tonight.
“Why?” he asked me, “Ohh… She invited him over to talk? About… Them?”
“Talk about slow…” I muttered, “Yeah that’s why she was annoyed that you were there” I laughed as he finally seemed to be clicking onto what was happening
“So… Do you actually need a new phone, or was that just a way of getting me out of the house?” he was full of questions tonight…
“No I do need a new phone, I was gonna go on my own, but then when you turned up, it made sense to bring you along.” I explained to him.

“You were gonna walk around Jersey on your own? When you don’t even know it? Are you mad?!” he looked shocked.
“Hey I come from Nottingham, it’s also known as ‘Shottingham’ due to the high gun crime… Plus, you’ve seen me defend myself, I think I’d be fine,” I reminded him.
“I suppose… It’s still not a good idea…” he didn’t want to back down, “Oh, here’s a phone shop!” he smiled, “I didn’t realise we’d walked so far!”
“Well, time flies when you’re having fun” I quoted, this caused him to suddenly stop.
“You’re having fun?” he asked, a small smile playing at his lips.
“Yeah… I am…” He grinned and hugged me. I don’t know why, but when he did I pushed him away, he looked so hurt…
“Sorry…” I mumbled, “baby steps… I’ll get there”
“Do you mind me asking… What happened?” he asked timidly. We had stopped outside the shop, so I sat on a nearby bench.
“I can’t…” I felt a hot tear making its way down my cheek, and saw Frank come and sit next to me.
“It’s just so… Difficult for me… I’m sorry, maybe one day I’ll be able to tell you…” I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes, “Anyway, I have a phone to buy” I jumped up and put on a smile, waiting for Frank to follow me. He soon did, and we entered the shop.

-~-

After much deliberation, I chose a phone and bought a sim card to go with it.
As soon as we left the shop, Frank took it out of my hands and started doing something to it. I looked at him in complete confusion before he handed it back to me smiling.
“Dare I even ask what you did to it?” I asked, he just laughed.
“Well what’s the point in having a phone with no numbers in it silly?” he prodded my arm as I opened up the contact list finding one lone number, under the name of ‘Frankie’.
“You are so cheesy, you know that?” I laughed sending him a text :) so he could get my number too.
“Well I do try” he winked, while laughing and grabbing his phone out of his pocket.
“Ooh two messages? I didn’t know you loved me that much!” he joked while opening them.
“One’s from Mikey! They got together!” he squealed like a girl, “We’ve got to go back to yours and find out everything!” he said before running off.
“Oi! Wait up!” I ran after him, but he never slowed down. We ended up running all the way home, only stopping outside the front door to catch our breath. When I caught him up, I slapped him round the head.
“Ow! What was that for?!” he asked laughing,
“I. Don’t. Do. Running.” I panted, ready to collapse. I opened up the door to be greeted by Ally running at me hugging me with a huge grin on her face, shortly followed by a more relaxed looking Mikey.
“Dude! Finally!” Frank exclaimed patting Mikey hard on the back.

“Mikey? Frank? Do you two want to stay for dinner?” I heard Laura shout through from the kitchen, she received a chorus of ‘YES!’ I know, a whole chorus from two guys…
So we headed to the table where Laura was serving up veggie lasagne.
“Ooh my favourite!” I grinned as I sat down
“Me too!” Frank agreed, sitting down next to me. He looked at me and smiled, then began to shovel the food down.