Say It One More Time

What's Going On?

I managed to make it back home without any more difficulties, still slightly amazed at the unknown guy. Who was he? I didn't even ask his name, I just... Walked off.
The thing that I least understand about the whole situation though, is why? Why did he do what he did?
I opened door and went straight upstairs to my room as usual, dumping my rucksack on my bed. I like my room, it's the only place I feel completely comfortable, with my red walls, and posters staring at me.
I headed over to my computer and powered it into life, once loaded I logged into MSN, waiting for a familiar name to pop up. Sure enough, it soon did.

[Englishhh-xxx] says: Heyyy!!!

[JustAnotherReject] says: Excited much? :P

[Englishhh-xxx] says: No more than usual, I'm just tired tbh... Anywayyyyy how's my loverly Rennieee??

[JustAnotherReject] says: I'm not surprised, isn't it like 3am over there right now? I'm alright, school just wears me out, it's soooo boring without my wingman!

[Englishhh-xxx] says: Yep it sure is! I can't believe how much I miss having you around me all the time! Seriously, one day, you will come and visit! :D

"Lorena! Can you come down for a minute please?" I heard my mum shouting me from downstairs.

[JustAnotherReject] says: Definitely, but for now, I must go... Mum's shouting... And you should probably sleep.... :P Talk soon, love youuu! xxxx

And with that I signed off. I suppose you'd think I'd tell my best friend about what's actually happening at school, but to be honest, I can't bring myself to do it... It'll only maker her worry, and there's nothing she can do about it.
"Lorena! Now!" Mum shouted again, I sighed and headed out of my room, down the stairs.
"What's so important mum?" I asked, confused by her impatience.
"We need to talk honey, sit down" at that point I started to think of the worst case scenario, something was wrong with Gran?
"What is it mum?" I complied with her request sitting on one of the squishy sofas.
"Look, I want you to be totally honest with me now," I started to worry "what's been happening at school? And why do you have dried blood in your hair?" shit
"I don't know what you mean mum" I lied, faking confusion
"Darling, it's ok, just tell me, I can tell there's something wrong, at first me and your dad thought it was just because Sophia left, but it's been four months and nothing's changed, if anything you seem even more down" I could see the tears starting to twinkle in her eyes; that sight was enough to make me break down completely, I collapsed into my mum, sobbing like a baby.

"I'm s- sorry, I- I- didn't want you to w- w- worry..." She held me tight, rocking me slightly.
"What's wrong baby?" She whispered in my ear.
"They hate me, they all hate me, and now I have no one there for me, they think the scars are self inflicted and they hate me" I cried even more, although it was kind of therapeutic getting it all off my chest. I felt mum pulling away, and saw a single tear make a track down her face.
"Lorena, I know this is hard, but I need you to tell me everything they've done to you," I just continued to cry, "please? I need to know."

So I told her. I told her every last detail, right down to the ambush on the way home. While I spoke, she didn't say a word, just looked deep into my eyes, willing for me to be exaggerating, unfortunately, I wasn't.

"We'll get this sorted Lorena, don't worry about it" she tried to smile at me, "tell you what, why don't I make you your favourite for tea?" I smiled weakly at the gesture, as she stood up and headed into the kitchen to prepare a veggie lasagne.