Say It One More Time

Bowling pt 2

-~- Frank’s POV -~-

I stood up and walked over to Gee who was already making his way to the food counter. I’m not gonna lie, this new nickname was pissing me off.

“You ok Frankie?” Gee asked when I caught up with him.
“I guess,” I replied, the main reason I was annoyed was because it was Rennie who started it…
“Don’t worry about it,” he said to me, patting me on the back, and turning to check the menu.
“Huh?” I was slightly confused.
“Don’t worry about it, you know, Rennie?” he looked at me like I was stupid.
“What do you mean?” I was so confused… Does he know I like her? Shit…
“I’m not stupid, you are so obsessed with her!” he said laughing.

“Can I take your order please?” the guy said, walking over to the till, sounding quite bored.
“Oh yeah, can we have a large veggie and a large pepperoni pizza please?” Gee said politely, taking some money out of his pocket.
“Yep… That will be about 10 minutes,” the guy said before quickly going off to prepare our food.

“So, back to the important stuff,” Gee said suddenly seriously, turning back to face me, “You obviously like her, that’s why you’re upset right now, cos she started calling you short shit and you can’t understand why. But I do” he grinned manically, while I stood completely gobsmacked.
“Well I guess there’s no point denying it…” I mumbled, “Tell me then… Why is she doing it?”
“She is totally flirting with you!” He exclaimed.
“Ha! Yeah sure…” I highly doubt it, she can’t trust guys, and anyway, it’s me, why would she like me?
“Seriously, you noticed how hot she looks in those shorts?” I nodded, she was looking awesome tonight…
“Well, when we were in the car, I was joking with her, saying she was dressed to impress, then I asked her if there was something she wasn’t telling us, and she went red, I mean soo red!”
I felt a glimmer of hope hearing what Gee was telling me.
“You are being serious right Gee? Like you’re not winding me up?” I thought I should confirm with him.
“Dude, I would not do that to you, that’s harsh” he was being so serious, so I couldn’t help but believe him. I felt a smile creep onto my face, just as the food guy reappeared holding two pizza boxes.
“One large veggie and one large pepperoni pizza, enjoy your food” he said monotonously before turning back into the kitchen.
“So seriously? You think she likes me?” I really couldn’t contain the smile.
“Yeah, but be careful, you know… Oh and tone the smile down… It’s kinda creepy…” I laughed as we made our way back to the guys.
“Wassup ma home boiiz!” Rennie jumped up doing some weird clicky thing with her hand as we approached.
“Ermm… Init?” was the only ‘gansta’ thing I could think of… I probably sounding like a complete dick now.
She giggled, as everyone else acknowledged the arrival of food.
“Who’s bowling first?” Ray questioned, as I realised that we hadn’t actually started playing.
“Bob! It’s you!” he grinned getting up to find a ball and going to take his shot.
I noticed Rennie getting up and going to the ball dispenser.
“Hey does anyone know if they have any six 6 bowling balls here?” she asked, I burst out laughing and Gee went along with me.
“Seriously? Size six?” I just about managed to get out.
“Just because I can’t use the heavier ones, doesn’t mean I can’t kick your ass if I need to” she told me in a stern tone, shutting me up in no time.
“Ermm… I think they might have some up over there? I’ll go and get you a couple.” I offered making my escape and heading over to the racks to look for a size six ball…
I found two and picked them up, taking them to the dispenser.
“Just in time short shit” Rennie winked at me, picking up a ball and going to take a shot. Annoyingly, she got a strike.
“Yes!” She shouted throwing her arms up in the air. This caused her top to ride up, just a little bit, flashing a bit of skin. I realised that I was probably staring, so I tried to style it out as a yawn. I saw that Gee had noticed as he smirked at me, winking.
“Jesus Christ you two!” Mikey suddenly shouted out, “If you’re gay with each other will you just come out with it already?!”
Shocked at Mikey’s outburst Ray bowled right into the next lane, Rennie and Iris both spat their food out, Ally just burst out laughing and me and Gee stood speechless.
“We’re… We’re not gay…” I said slightly gobsmacked.
“Seriously bro, most of the time we’re joking, but that time was an inside joke wink, nothing gay about it” Gee continued.
By this point, Bob was literally on the floor laughing, rolling around and everything.
Mikey just shut up and went to take his go. I was still kinda shocked by his sudden outburst, but was starting to see the funny side.
“I’m gonna go get a drink,” I announced and stood up to leave. I noticed someone following me and looked to see Rennie catching me up.
“I need one too,” she smiled, “and if it makes you feel better, I never thought that you were gay… I found Mikey’s outburst funny, but I can tell that you and Gee are only messing around.” She laughed, making me feel a bit better.
“I’m not upset about it, I was just really caught off guard, I was not expecting that from him,” I laughed with her. We reached the food counter where I ordered two Pepsi’s.
“I’ll get this” I offered as I saw Rennie getting some money out of her pocket.
“No it’s ok,” she started to argue, but I gave her a stern look.
“No, I insist” handing over my money before she could try again.
“Oh such a gentleman” she commented, sound oh so British once again, I love her accent…
“Only for such a lady” I replied, trying to do a post British accent myself, but by the look on her face, I failed miserably.
“That didn’t work as I planned did it?” I asked her.
“Probably not…” she giggled, her laugh was like music to my ears… Ha! And Mikey thought I was gay!
“I guess I’ll leave it to the real British one…” I gave up, she giggled at me again, picking up her drink.
“Well, thank you anyway,”
“Huh?”
“For the drink? Thanks” she laughed, I was completely losing it…
“Oh yeah… No problem” I have to do something about this…

The night continued without any more embarrassment… Well apart from for Ray who managed to slide the whole way down the lane… I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard in my life…
I spent most of my time thinking over what I would do… Take her to the mall? The cinema?

I eventually decided and told Gee just before we all climbed into his car to drive home. Now I just need to ask her…
It can't be too hard... I mean Gee said that he thinks she likes me... But then what if he read everything wrong... She might just say no cos she's not ready... Oh god... I need to sleep... Not that I'll be able to...
I'll just talk to her tomorrow, and everything will be fine...
♠ ♠ ♠
Frank's POV just for VivaLaNimrod, as promised :)

And by the way, if none of you have listened to LostAlone's new album, then you're seriously missing out! Do it now! Even Frank said so ;P