Say It One More Time

Puddle

I was woken up by the sound of someone knocking on the front door. Groaning I untangled myself from the quilt and stood up, letting out a huge yawn and stretching as I did.
I walked slowly through to the hallway to open the door.
“Morning!” Gee said way too loudly for this time in the morning as I opened up.
I just looked at him with a wtf expression before letting him in, followed by everyone else. Yep, everyone was here.

I silently let them all in before shutting the door and following them into the living room where I found Gee sitting on Frankie trying to wake him up.
“Ooh, who’s this?” he said as he got up and noticed Lynds who was also still fast asleep. He walked over to her, crouching beside her.

“Hellooo” he whispered, poking her cheek to wake her up. Which he did. And received a slap round the head for. Lynds was worse in the mornings than me, no lie.
“Fuck off” she groaned before turning over and going back to sleep.
He looked at me like a small child who’d dropped his ice cream.
“Rennie, she’s mean” he whined.
“No she’s not, she just doesn’t like mornings,” I told him. I could hear Frankie giggling as I spoke.
“She’s worse than you! And you’re scary in the morning!” he continued to giggle.
I stared at him with a blank look on my face until his smiled began to drop.
“I mean, I’m sorry, you’re lovely” he sheepishly made his way over to me with open arms, but I deliberately kept my stare on.

As he reached me, he cautiously wrapped his arms around me. I burst out laughing, hugging him back. “You’re such a dork!” I said through my laughter, “I know I’m grumpy in the morning, there’s a reason a used to get called captain corpse when I woke up”
“I remember that!” I heard Lynds shout from under her quilt.
“Ooh you’re awake!” I grinned as she surfaced herself.
“Well some idiot decided to wake me and I couldn’t get back to sleep.” She said pointedly.
“Yeah… That would be Gerard…” I said as he grinned awkwardly.
I introduced her to everyone whilst Frankie made himself useful by going to make drinks.
“Soo… You guys can put a film on if you want,” I said to them, “Lynds, we need to take your stuff upstairs,”
“Yeah we should really, and get changed,”
We both got up, leaving everyone else to argue over films.

“So, you said you have a long story about your hair, I have to know now!” Lynds begged as we climbed the stairs.
“Alright, alright, calm it!” I laughed opening my door, “It starts with when Frankie asked me out, I was spending the evening at the mall with Iris and Ally, who had insisted on me getting a new outfit for the date, but while we were there I noticed something strange. I saw dad in a café, with another woman… And he kissed her… So I went storming in screaming and shouting at him, he tried to buy my silence, but obviously I refused… Anyway, I ran from the café and out of the mall, just running, not really thinking,” I began to tell the story, Lynds looked so shocked, “After about an hour or so, I realised that I had no idea where I was, I took out my phone and found loads of messages and missed calls… I ignored them and just phoned Frankie, who managed to work out where I was and picked me up with Gee, we came back here, apparently everyone had decided to come here, they’d explained everything to mum, she was a wreck… Dad turned up trying to explain himself, but Uncle James had to throw him out,”
“Jesus Christ Rennie…”

“I know… So the next day, me and mum had a girly night in, she offered me wine and Ewan McGregor, who could say no to that?” we both laughed, Lynds shared my love for the man, “But when I got in from school, she also had two boxes of hair dye, dad had always said we couldn’t dye our hair, so mum thought, why not? And basically that’s why my hair is now red,” I finished my story, only to find myself engulfed in her arms.
“What a bastard!” she cussed into my shoulder.

“Tell me about it… I just can’t believe that he tried to bribe me” I sighed, “Anyway, let’s get dressed before that lot down there wreck the house”
I went over to my wardrobe, picking out a denim skirt and a black and red striped tight fitting t shirt.
“You know what would go with those? Fishnets and Docs,” Lynds said, looking at what I had chosen.
“I was thinking exactly the same thing, god I’ve missed you!”
We both quickly dressed, surprisingly not being interrupted by anyone.

We walked downstairs to find everyone crowded in the kitchen, stuffing their faces with god knows what.
“Oi, who said you could help yourselves to my food?” I said in a serious tone, making them all stop suddenly and look guiltily at me.
Slowly Bob raised his hand to point at Iris, and Iris lifted hers to point at Bob.
“You lot are idiots, do you really think that I care?” I laughed.
“I gotta say, them two make a cute couple though” Lynds commented pointing at Bob and Iris, just as I thought, she knew there was something there.

Iris turned a nice shade of red, whereas Bob just nearly spat his food all over the floor.
“We’re not… Together,” Iris defended, clearly shocked by the sudden statement.
“Really? You should be, you are so into each other” Lynds said calmly, walking over to the kettle and filling it up.
“You are actually awesome” Gee gushed, running over to help Lynds. I think someone might have a little crush…
“I think your friend has an admirer,” Frankie whispered into my ear quietly.
“I was just thinking the exact same thing,” I said turning round to face him.
“Ha they don’t know what to do with themselves now” he giggled quietly, looking over my shoulder to where Bob and Iris were stood awkwardly next to each other.

“So, where are you all taking me today then?” Lynds asked, breaking the silence that had taken over.
“We should just wander, show her the sights?” Mikey asked, he had been pretty quiet all morning, probably kind of shy.
“Sights? What sights?!” Ray laughed, “I mean there’s that puddle that’s meant to be a pond, we could always go there”
“Ooh I love puddles!” Lynds grinned, apparently agreeing with Ray’s idea.
“That’s decided then,” Gee stated, sipping from a mug of coffee, “Let’s go!” he downed the rest of the drink, before running towards the front door.

We all slowly followed him, as he fidgeted by the door with excitement.
“Yo Gee!” I called as we walked down the street, “Come ‘ere” he turned around, looking confused before walking back towards me and Frankie.
“Can I help you?” he asked, raising his eyebrow.
“Does someone have a little crush?” I asked, getting straight to the point.
“Huh? Who?” bless him, he has no idea.
“So… What do you think of Lynds?” I asked him, trying a different approach.
“She seems… Nice…” I could see a flash of red creeping over his cheeks.
“Just nice?” Frankie laughed.
“Uhh… Yeah?”
“Ok, ok, off you go then,” I laughed, as he turned around and caught up with Lynds.
“He totally fancies her” I stated as Frankie nodded, agreeing with me.
“Definitely,”

We reached the park where the ‘pond’ was; Frankie ran off as soon as we entered, honestly looking like a child.
I ran after him, catching him up easily. Before he could register my approach I jumped on him, making us crash to the ground.
“Fuck’s sake Rennie!” I groaned as I laid on his stomach, I couldn’t stop laughing.
Suddenly he flipped us over so he was straddling my waist, pinning my arms up above my head on the grass.

“You’re in for it now,” he winked at me, bringing his face closer and closer to mine.
“Oh really?” I challenged him, causing him to nod, “And what if I refuse?” I giggled as his breath tickled my face.
“You won’t” he said so seductively. This was a new side to him… And I loved it…
As I got lost in his voice, he leaned in and kissed me, catching me off guard. I soon gave in though, letting him take control.

“God! Get a room you two!” Lynds shouted, breaking us from our trance.
I giggled as I pushed Frankie off me, sitting up.
“Where’s Gee gone?” I asked, noticing that I couldn’t see him anywhere, which was weird, he’s always there.
“Had to take a phone call or something, I dunno,” she replied, “Nice park though, better than where I live, all the grass is dried out and nasty.”
“That’s because Australia sucks, and Jersey fucking rules!” Frankie shouted, pumping his fist in the air, making me and Lynds look at him like he was crazy.

“Guys!” Gee suddenly shouted, appearing from behind a tree, “You’re all free tonight aren’t you?” he had a huge grin on his face as everyone told him that they were.
“That is so awesome! We have our first gig!” grins broke out on everyone’s faces, apart from Lynds who just looked confused.
“The guys are in a band” I whispered to her, as they squealed like little girls.

“Apparently the support band for the show tonight have had to pull out suddenly, and we’re at the top of the waiting list, so we get to play!” Gee explained.
“Oh my fucking god! I can’t believe it!” Frankie shouted, “Did you hear that Rennie?! We’ve got a gig!” he laughed as he threw his arms around me, picking me up at the same time.
“Yes! I heard!” I laughed as he spun me around, making me dizzy, “Now put me down before I puke all over you!”
He immediately dropped me, making me fall over from dizziness.

“Woops… Sorry…” he said sheepishly, holding his hand out to help me up.
“You’re a dick,” I shot at him, pouting as I took his hand, letting him pull me up.
“But you love me for it,”
“I might do…” Frankie’s eyes lit up as I spoke.
“Really..?”
“Yes really, I love you Frankie,” I spoke the words so easily, but meaning them completely. He grinned a bigger grin than I’ve ever seen.
“You wanna know something?” He asked, still smiling, “I love you too”
I smiled, crashing my lips to his, wrapping my arms around his neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
The weather's been so good this week! Which means I've spent loads of time outside, and not at the computer... Sorry!