Say It One More Time

What They Don't Know, Won't Hurt Them

"You don't tell a soul about this Lorena, got it?" his words echoed through my mind, causing a chill to spread down my spine.

"Lorena, I want you to tell me what's wrong, I can help you" my mum pleaded.
"Honestly, mum, it's nothing... Just one of those days where you feel like crying over nothing"
"Time of the month..?" she asked in response, I saw her eyes drain of any worry she previously had and felt relieved that she bought it.
"Yeah, I just need to sleep it off I think"
"Ok honey, you go upstairs and rest, I'll call you down when tea's ready"
With that I returned to my room, but not to rest.
I powered up my computer and as soon as it was loaded I opened the up the internet to a search engine.

Self defence/fight classes

I realised earlier that no one is going to look after me, apart from me, no one can be around me all the time to do it for me, so I have to learn to do it myself.
After about 15 minutes of searching I came across a club that described itself as more than self defence. It sounded perfect, so I grabbed my mobile and called them. I arranged to have a private lesson later in the week after school, and I was already excited about it.

-~- 2 months later -~-

I slowly dragged myself into my maths classroom, dreading seeing Cayne. At school he acts like nothing's changed, like nothing's happened; In reality, two days a week, the days that his parents work late, he makes me go to his house after school and has his way with me.

I hate that I've become a toy for him.

"Hey Rennie!" I heard him say as he spotted me.
"Hey" I mumbled "I friggin hate maths..." I continued, I figured that if I complained about stuff everyone would just assume that that's why I looked down. It seemed to work.
"So, Rennie, you gonna... Come back to mine tonight again?" he smirked as I tensed up.
"I... I... Err... I can't" I whispered, just because I now took self defence lessons doesn't mean I wasn't still scared.
"Excuse me?" he looked shocked that I had turned him down "What do you mean you can't? Have you forgotten about our little arrangement?"
All of a sudden, I got a burst of adrenaline. This is what I've been waiting for.
"No. I haven't. The truth is, I don't want to go to yours anymore." I stated loud enough to get the attention of the class.
"Ohhh! Burnn!" I heard one guy shout, this was actually making me feel good. Until he slapped me.
The class gasped, and before I knew what I was doing, I punched him right in the jaw.

The next thing I remember was sitting in the head's office with my parents.
"Would you care to explain to me what this was about Lorena?" the head, Mr Branwood, asked me sternly.
I noticed that Cayne was sat opposite me with an ice pack to his head and cuts all over his face.
"She's a freak! That's what! She just attacked me completely unprovoked!" He shouted.
"Is this true Lorena?" my mum asked.
"No, none of you have any idea what he's been doing to me." I hissed. I was beyond angry.
"I haven't done anything but help you!" he cried out.
"Yeah, help me feel completely used and worthless." I glared at him, glad to see him in pain, then turned my dad, "he raped me daddy" I could feel the tears overflow down my cheeks.
"I hope you realise that that is an extremely strong accusation to make Miss Harrison" Mr Branwood cut in, "And I really can't imagine Cayne here doing anything of the sort, he's nothing but a star pupil."

At this I stood up, and walked over to my mum, I could see the disappointment in her eyes and it killed me. I suppose I was fortunate in this instance that the bruises he gave me on my hips, thighs and breasts hadn't faded.
I lifted my top to show her them.
She let out a gasp, "Where did they come from?", but I know she didn't need an answer. "I'm phoning the police. This boy is a rapist."
"Now, is there really any need for this" Mr Brandwood started to say, but with one look from my mum he backed down and handed her the phone.
"No wait..." I interrupted, "I just want to get away. If I spend any longer around him I'll be physically sick. I never want to see him again, I just want this to haunt him for the rest of his life. I want him to know that he is scum. He's not worthy of anyone's friendship or trust."
And with that I walked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soo... Yeah