Say It One More Time

What Can We Do Now?

-~- Cayne's POV -~-

I sat in the schools office as Lorena spilled everything that I had done. I couldn't let them believe her or I'll be done.
"She's a freak! That's what! She just attacked me completely unprovoked!" I suddenly shouted.
"Is this true Lorena?" her mum asked. This should be easier than I thought...
"No, none of you have any idea what he's been doing to me." She hissed. She looked mad. Like seriously crazy, although I suppose she had just beat the crap out of me in front of our whole class. I had no idea she could fight like that.
"I haven't done anything but help you!" I cried out. Play the good guy, always works on the parents.
"Yeah, help me feel completely used and worthless." She shot me a deathly glare before turning to her dad and whispering, "he raped me daddy" she stood there crying, and I started to worry.
"I hope you realise that that is an extremely strong accusation to make Miss Harrison" Mr Branwood cut in, "And I really can't imagine Cayne here doing anything of the sort, he's nothing but a star pupil." Saved by the teachers!

I noticed her standing up and walking over to her mum, oh crap, what's she doing?
She lifted up her top.
She let out a gasp, "Where did they come from?", but I know she didn't need an answer. "I'm phoning the police. This boy is a rapist."
"Now, is there really any need for this" Mr Brandwood started to say, but with one look from her mum he backed down and handed her the phone.
"No wait..." Lorena interrupted, "I just want to get away. If I spend any longer around him I'll be physically sick. I never want to see him again, I just want this to haunt him for the rest of his life. I want him to know that he is scum. He's not worthy of anyone's friendship or trust."
And with that she left.
I was left speechless, not really knowing what had just happened.
Just looking at the floor I could feel three pairs of eyes burning into the back of my head.
"Cayne. I am absolutely disgusted by you. I never would've expected this from you of all people." Mr Brandwood spat at me before lifting the phone receiver.
Lorena's mum was sat crying in her husbands arms, while he glared at me, looking about ready to kill me.
"Ah hello Mrs Steadman, it's Mr Brandwood." oh god no, he's phoned my mum... "Yes, yes I know you are extremely busy at work, but I need to talk to you immediately about your son. Yes... Yes... Look, he has been involved in an incident. No, no he is not hurt. But I do need to talk to you in person. Yes, that would be great. Thank you, I shall see you at 4 o'clock. Thank you, good bye" His eyes darted towards me as he put the phone down.
"You will be spending the rest of the day in here with me. You will not be left unattended and you will explain to you mother exactly what you have been up to." I simply nodded, not knowing what else to do.

"So, what happens now... With Lorena?" her dad asked.
"It's a tough one. I can completely understand her actions, however, fighting on the school premises is a serious offence. It would usually result in suspension."
"Well if I know Lorena, she probably won't want to come back here... Too many bad memories... I'm so sorry Sir" her mum spoke up.
"No, that is completely understandable, you should talk to her though"
"Yeah, we should go find her"
And with that, they stood, said their goodbyes to Mr Brandwood, sent one last glare at me each and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Too many assignments at college.... I hate how much time they take up :(