Status: Started

The Way I Loved You

Chapter 2

“You used to call me your angel, said I was sent straight down from heaven. You’d hold me close in your arms, I loved the way you felt so strong.” These lyrics truly matched my life. I still miss mom. Though its been 4 years, it all feels like yesterday.
My mom had died of leukemia 4 years back. It was a terrible day. Though I was not too close to my parents, I still miss them. Dad is also never at home, he’s always gone to other cities for business trips. And that’s where Amanda comes into the picture. She is my elder sister. She has always taken care of me. She is everything to me. I know that she misses mom too, she was very close to her, but she never lets me see her tears. The same is with me, nobody has ever seen me cry, except as an infant, but that’s a different story.
“Hey Kelly” Nick said from his window. His house is next to ours, and his room is right across from mine.
“Hi Nick” I said giving a faint smile.
“Hey don’t be sad. Your mom is at a better place & you know that.” He said, trying to make me a bit better.
I nodded, half smiling, but a single tear rolled down my cheek, ruining my charade.
“You want me to come over?” He asked.
I nodded, this time actually smiling a bit. The thought of him being with me made me happy.
Within 5 minutes he was at my door.
“Hey Kell-Mell” He said trying to lighten up the mood & came to sit beside me on the bed.
“Hi Nicholas” I said. He loved it when I used to call him by his full name.
“How are you holding up? He asked me.
“I don’t know, its just so, so difficult.” I stuttered as a lump formed in my throat & the tears I’ve been holding back escaped.
“It’s all gonna be okay. You know seeing you hurt, hurts me. She’s at a better place Kelly. Please, I don’t wanna see you cry. I want my Kelly, the smiling angel” He said rubbing my back.
“Thanks Nick. I would’ve been dead by now if it wasn’t for you.” I said finally actually smiling.
“That’s my girl” he said hugging me. Suddenly his phone started ringing.
He received it without looking at the caller’s name.
“Hello----Hey Miley…..Ya I’m at Kelly’s house………I know but she’s my best friend….Yes I’ll be there…..ok…love you……bye” He talked to his girlfriend, Miley Cyrus, The diva. Huh, as if anyone cares about her.
“I’m sorry Kell, I have to go” Nick said, apologizing genuinely.
“As usual. Nick don’t you see what a player she is? She is using you just for popularity. She is all sweet and funny with you and when you’re not around, she is a jerk to everyone. She doesn’t care about you. All she cares about is fame & money. Can’t you see she is just a poser, a self obsessed b i t c hl” I yelled.
“You know what Kelly, does Miley ever talk about you like this? She never trashes you & I don’t know why you hate her so much. You can be real b i t c h sometimes.” Nick yelled back. Did he just say that? I can’t believe he said all that to me because of his stupid girlfriend. It’s not Nick speaking, Nick would never say such things to me. It’s the ‘Miley’ devil speaking inside him. She has overpowered him so much that he said all those things to his best friend.
And then he left my room. The look in his eyes told me he was as sorry as I was.
Miss little precious Miley has ruined my already ruined life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word count- 634