Status: Active

Love Isn't Always Fair

Your Kiss A Withered Rose

Emmeline's POV

"Tell me," Andy commanded. "Now."

"Tell you what?" I asked, nervously.

Frustrated, he said, "Tell me why you always act like this-" He
gestured towards me, still sitting on the floor- "Whenever I try to
get closer to you."

I sighed. Recognising that there was no way to avoid this, I began.

"When I was, oh, fourteen or so, I lived in Oregon. {A/N: By the way,
she and everybody live in California. Just because that's where I live. :P} I had moved there when I was ten. My dad had made us go there from Ohio when I was ten, after my mom left. So my older sister and I- who, at the time, was still with us- moved to Oregon with him.

"So anyway, when I was fourteen, I was just starting high school there.It was awful; everyone hated me. And I pretty much hated them all back.

"Except for after a few months of school, there was this guy that kept coming up to me after the science class that we had together, and talking to me. I was kind of surprised, considering no one really ever talked to me. But he was nice, and nothing seemed wrong with him or anything, so I didn't mind.

"Eventually, sometime after Winter Break, he asked me out. And I said yes.

"But soon, it became clear that he wasn't normal, that he wasn't quite right in the head.

" He tried to rape me once," I shuddered as I remembered. Andy strengthened his grip on my hand.

I continued, "But the next day, he came up to me and apologised. And I was too scared to stop this, and get him out of my life. Too scared of what he would do to me if I tried.

"We continued to 'date', if that's even what you could call it. I made no effort to continue any relationship with him, but he did.

"Then one day, a little while after summer vacation had begun, he came to my house without warning. My dad wasn't there, and he made me get in the car. He took me to a park- a deserted one- and we sat on the swings for a little while.

"After an hour or so, he pulled out a gun. He said it was his father's; that he'd stolen it. And he- he-" I took a deep breath and steadied myself.

"He asked me if I wanted to commit suicide with him, like a suicide pact. I ran away then. But I heard the shot he fired on himself."

Tears finally leaking through, I buried my face in Andy's chest and sobbed. I was probably staining his shirt with mascara, but I didn't really care, and he didn't seem to either.

And so we sat like that together, well into the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: So yeah. :D Now y'all know MOST of Emmeline's... issues, if that's what you wanna call 'em. So... yeah. Also, I'm not sure if I did the punctuation in this chapter right. Because in some books I've read, when the character is speaking like, paragraphs, they put quotation marks at the beginning of each one, but not at the end, so I decided to do that. I dunno if it's right, if anyone knows, would you mind telling me?:)

ALSO, this is the first chapter that got three comments!! WOOHOO! :D:D:D:D:D Yeah. And I know I said that if I got three comments, I'd post on like Tuesday or whatever, but I only got the third comment a couple of days ago. SO, since the last chapter was posted on a Sunday, I believe, and Tuesday is two days later, I decided I'd do the same time gap, if I'm making any sense at all. But, I meant to upload yesterday, but- and this is like, the third time this has happened to me, by the way- I decided to cut and paste the text from a word document, into Mibba. It cut, but it didn't paste. Woohoo. Lost all of it.

Um, so yeah, thank you to all THREE (!!!) of my commenters. :) And also, thank you anyone else who's read this, even if you haven't commented.

I'm going to do the same kind of thing that I did last time. 0 comments= who knows when I'll update?? 1 comment= 2 weeks till next update. 2 comments= 1 week. 3= 5 days till I update. 4= 3 days until I update. 5= I'll update tomorrow. 8+= I will update twice tomorrow. :D