Status: This story does not have a romance pairing yet! Help me out! Who should Reina 'be' with?

SpanGLEEish

"we're performers future professionals"

Chapter 6:

St. Cecilia Academy. Seeing those three words had my lips forming into a full out smile and my insides fill with giddiness. St. Cecilia Academy was the performing arts academy I attended all those years my grandfather willingly paid for. I made the best of friends and memories here and learned so much from both.

The cellphone in my lap vibrated and I quickly plucked it up and opened the text message.

in the studio

I smiled at the text message, put my phone in the pocket of my jeans and drove my vehicle to the side parking lot closest to the side entrance of the brick building. I knew this place as well as I knew myself, so walking through the hallways and finding the studio was easy, although the nostalgic feeling that built up inside wasn't as easy to take.

"Selena Reina Lopez!" two voices shouted with glee.

My grin widened as I was embraced by my two friends. "I've missed you so much!" I said as they released me.

"Welcome back, Reina!" Colleen replied, her blue eyes were bright and cheerful as they had always been. She was the one who had emailed me and convinced me to finally return to the academy for a visit.

"It's good to see you again, Reina!" Mari added, she was the one who just texted me; as she looked at me, her halo of blonde hair caught light from a window as she sported her usual bright smile.

Looking at them both in that moment brought yet another pang of nostalgia, but along with it, sadness. Mainly because I knew I wouldn't return and graduate with them. My grandfather gave me the opportunity to attend St. Cecilia and learn all my skills and meet my best friends and I felt I'd taken it for granted.

"If only this reunion were permanent." I muttered, my grin receding.

Colleen laid a comforting hand on my shoulder, "Is it that bad living with your sister again?"

I shook my head, my lips formed a tight smile, "Not that bad anymore."

"And your new school?" Mari asked curiously, "What's it like going to a public school? I've never been." she added with a half-hearted chuckle.

I shrugged, Colleen's hand fell back to her side, "McKinley High is way different from St. Cecilia, I'll leave it at that."

Colleen crossed her arms, "So is that what has you bummed out, having to go to a different school."

I thought about. It was for sure a big reason why I was 'bummed'. That, and all the free time I now have makes me think of my mother more, and her absence from my life.

"This is as good of a time as any." Colleen muttered to Mari. Mari nodded and walked towards the sound system and began to plug in her iPod.

My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion, "Que estas haciendo... what are you two up to?"

"Aw," Colleen remarked as she too walked towards the sound system and picked up an acoustic guitar that was perched beside it, "I missed your little Spanglish talk."

My smile returned and I rolled my eyes and strode towards the center of the studio, my eyes on the mirrors that were plastered to the walls. "So you're not going to tell me what you guys are doing?"

Mari answered, "When you left to Mexico, upon your return we had planned something." She motioned towards Colleen as the tall brunette pulled the strap of the acoustic over her shoulder.

I frowned automatically at the memory of flying to Mexico for my grandfather's funeral. At that moment, music began to play and Colleen strummed her guitar to the tune.

Mari walked beside me, locking eyes with me through the mirrors, "Chiquitita, tell me what's wrong," I let out a laugh, that probably sounded more like a sob, because I knew this song. I slid my arm to rest on my friend's shoulders. "you're enchained by your own sorrow. In your eyes there is no hope for tomorrow."

Colleen followed Mari's lead and ended up on the other side of me, "How I hate to see you like this. There is no way you can deny it." I laid my head on Colleen's shoulder, my eyes still locked on my reflection. "I can see that you're oh so sad, so quiet."

"Chiquitita, tell me the truth" They harmonized together. "I'm a shoulder you can cry on, your best friend, I'm the one you must rely on"

They both strode forward and stood in front of me, blocking my vision of the mirror, "You were always sure of yourself. Now I see you've broken a feather. I hope we can patch it up together."

Then Colleen and Mari began to circle me, Mari doing little dance moves and Colleen continued her strumming, "Chiquitita, you and I know. How the heartaches come and they go and the scars they're leaving. You'll be dancing once again and the pain will end. You will have no time for grieving." Mari spun me around as she pirouetted away from me, "Chiquitita, you and I cry, but the sun is still in the sky and shining above you. Let me hear you sing once more like you did before." Colleen flipped her guitar to her back and put her arm on my shoulder at the same time Mari leaped my way and laid her arm on my shoulder as well. "Sing a new song, chiquitita."

I smiled and took a deep breath as I sang the next verse, "So the walls came tumbling down," Colleen again began to play and Mari began to dance. "and my love's a blown out candle." I stared at my reflection once more. "All is gone and it seems too hard to handle. Chiquititas, tell you the truth, there is no way I can deny it. You see that I'm oh so sad, so quiet."

My friends were again on either of my sides as I sang, "Try once more like I did before. Sing a new song, chiquitita."

We stood there for a moment, staring at our reflections. My mouth formed into a grin as I squeezed them closer to me, "I needed that. To perform with you two again. Thank you."

"De nada." They replied in unison. I burst into a fit of laughter and they joined me.

"What is she doing here?" A voice called out. Our attentions went to the entrance and there stood Amanda Carter wearing her signature red leotard and leg warmers. Now as much as I'd like to say that St. Cecilia's is only filled with nice, wholesome peers, there is always a hateful person. The blonde, blue-eyed girl that stood before them was St. Cecilia's designated wench. "You don't go to school here anymore. I'm calling security."

I scoffed, "There is such a thing as visiting, Amanda."

She smirked, "Who are you visiting? Your friends?" Amanda laughed, "Trust me, they may be smiling now but they're glad you're gone. More lead roles for them. More leads for everyone actually, now that Miss "Look-at-me Look-at-me" has gone slumming."

Colleen and Mari remained silent, giving Amanda death glares. Their silence put me on edge; was their truth in what Amanda is saying? The silence was fuel to Amanda's fire.

"Yeah, I know about you being in show choir, of all things."

My eyebrows furrowed. "How do you know that?"

"Your glee club is competing at sectionals with my cousin's team, she's quite competitive and has done her research." Amanda said with a shrug. "Anyway, I'll definitely be in that audience, happily knowing 'Selena Reina Lopez' isn't the main act."

I returned her coy smirk, "Main act or not, I'll still be the one in the spotlight. And you'll still be the one in the dark."

"Are we sure which band members are joining us?" Artie interjected.

"Well, it looks like floppy haired bass dude, chap lips McGee, and Johnny tromboner." replied Puck.

With my head in my hands, I let my eyes watch Artie, Puck, Tina and Quinn all babble to each other from my seat in the corner, still pondering the events that took place during my visit to St. Cecilia's. That is until in walked Mr. Schuester and Finn.

"Hey great news everybody," Mr. Schue began, he was holding a wine type bottle that had to be sparkling juice whilst Finn was caring red solo cups, "sectionals is going to be a challenge, but we have -"

Kurt, sitting to my left, cut him off, "Mr. Schue we all appreciate your endless supply of affirmations, but all the sparkling cider in the world can't deny that the Titanic has hit the iceberg, and now we're on a sinking ship."

"Not if I can help it!" Said a dirty blonde haired stranger as he walked in with a big smile and was immediately greeted and enamored by the New Directions.

I stood up with the others, not reaching for this guy for a hug or anything, but to ask the only other newbie, "Who is this guy?" Rory kept his cheery smile on his face, but the one to answer my question was the stranger himself.

"I'm Sam Evans," he reached out his hand and I politely shook it, "and you two are definitely new members. That's awesome!" He said before being swarmed again.

"What are you doing here?" Tina asked excitedly.

"Well," he began, giving Finn a pat on his back and a warm smile to Rachel, "I wouldn't be here if it weren't for Finn and Rachel, I sort of lost my way but true friends help you find your way back." There was then a chorus of 'awes' and more hugs, and I stood there by Rory, still quite confused by this apparently not so newcomer.

"Let's hear it for Sam Evans!" Finn popped the bottle open and a red cup was thrust into my hands by Noah Puckerman. I flickered my eyes towards Rory, and he looked happy as ever as he was handed a solo cup.

"Alright enough of the sentimental stuff," Sam Evans shouted, "it's time to get a little country back in this joint!"

Once my cup was filled with sparkling cider, I proceeded to take my seat yet again as a song ensued. Kurt had the same idea, as he came to sit by me. "I'm not too fond of country music." he remarked, I cracked a smile.

"Yo tambien." I muttered, and we tapped our cups together in cheers and watched everyone dance and sing.

"Red solo cup, I fill you up! Let's have a party! Let's have a party!"

While Kurt was making bewildered facial expressions at Blaine for dancing, a certain bright blue-eyed boy hooked his arm with mine and I was up from my seat swaying to the music with him. I laughed as he continued to sing along and make me dance with him.

When the music ceased, Rory still had his arm hooked with mine, by my attention was not on him.

Santana walked into the choir room sporting her mischievous grin and Cheerios uniform; she had her eyes on Sam Evans. "I just heard the news that trouty mouth was back in town."

I frowned and unlinked my arm with Rory's. What was Santana up to now?

"I've been keeping a notebook just in case this day ever came." Santana pulled out a small red pocket notebook and grin widely as she began to recite the words written on the small pages. "Welcome back Lisa Renna, I've missed you so much since your family packed up your bags, loaded them in your mouth and skipped town. Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to enjoy a crisp pickle but couldn't find anyone to suck the lid off the jar." I winced at her words, everyone else in New Directions seemed to hold the same anxious expression on my face. "I assume you've been working as a baby polisher, where young mothers place their infants head in your mouth to get back that newborn shine. So glad your back, I haven't seen a smile that big since acclamation abominable snowman got his teeth pulled by that little gay elf dentist, love Santana."

Because his back was turned towards me, Sam Evans actions took me by surprise. "I missed you too, Santana." and he embraced her in a hug. I could clearly see the smile on my half sister's face as she hugged him back.

"Well," I spoke so only Rory could hear me, "we could've definitely used Sam Evans presence earlier, don't you think?"

Rory smiled, "Yeah."

The bell rang and everyone began heading for the door of the choir room.

"Hey, Reina, could you hold on for a sec?" Finn said, walking towards me. I picked up my bag from the seat it was on and tugged it on my shoulder, saying a quick 'goodbye' to Rory.

The last time I got this sort of request from Finn, I let my feelings get the best of me. "What's up?" I asked, the same as I did the last time.

Finn held his hands up, "Don't worry, I'm not going to peter-ize you."

My eyebrows furrowed, "Patronize?"

Finn grinned, "Right. Anyway, Rachel wanted to me tell you to meet her at her place for some vocal coaching for sectionals."

I laughed, a loud, knee-slapping laugh. Finn looked confused, so I stopped suddenly. "Oh, you were serious?"

"Well, yeah. There's only three girls performing, and Rachel is having a mini freak-out about our chances of winning. Since you're new and all, she's 'offering her services' or at least that's what she said."

I scoffed to keep myself from laughing again, "I attended St. Cecilia's Academy, I performed with the Clifton players, I was coached by Amparo Bellon-Champ."

Finn looked dumbfounded, "I don't know what any of those things are."

My eyes widened in frustration and I rubbed at my temples, "My point is, I'm going to have to decline your girlfriends request."

Finn side stepped in front of me to keep me from retreating, "Could you at least humor her?" I glared up at him. "Please. She's really messed up because she has to miss sectionals. You're a seasoned performer - did I say that right?" I nodded, " Well yeah, you should be able to relate, right?"

I let out a loud sigh, "Text me her address."

Hours later, I was sitting at the foot of Rachel's bed, watching her rummage through old set lists and whatever else was in the folder she held in her hands.

"Now, I'm not sure what the final set list looks like, but I have -"

I interrupted her, "We're performing a Michael Jackson medley."

"Michael Jackson?" Rachel frowned, "No Journey this year?" I shrugged. "Well, now that that's settled, I suppose we can get straight to the coaching. I'm going to teach you some vocal warm ups and go through vocal arrangements, and by the end of this session, you'll almost, maybe be as good as me."

I glared past her, forcing my eyes not to roll in annoyance.

Rachel took a seat beside me, "It's just so hard, knowing I won't be leading New Directions to victory. Not that there's much of our team left, since Corcoran and Mercedes and Santana and me." She sighed loudly, "Life is so hard when you're a star, don't you agree?"

My eyes widened at her words and my throat went dry.

Life is so hard when you're a star.

Could that sentence be anymore vain and egocentric? The worse part about it is that I've said it before, to my classmates, to my best friends.

"Dios mio..."

I paced outside the choir room entrance, watching the passing people making their way to the auditorium. My eyes were searching for Colleen and Mari, I had just sent a text message to them to meet me here.

"Selena Reina Lopez!" Two voices sang out. I turned over my shoulder and grinned as my best friends approached me and wrapped me in their arms.

"You came." I said, relieved at their presence.

"Of course!" Colleen replied as the three of us separated.

"We've never missed your big performances before, have we?" Mari said with a wink.

I laughed, but my grin faded as I remembered why I had them meet up here. "I wanted to apologize." I finally said. Colleen and Mari shared the same confused expression. "I've come to realize that I can be a really inconsiderate person when it comes to performing. I say things that come off as conceited, and do things for my own well-being and I'm sorry." I paused, allowing them time to reply.

Colleen pursed her lips, "Is this because of what Amanda said the other day? You know not to trust her."

I shrugged, "Amanda may be untrustworthy, but I know there had to have been some truth to her words. Maybe not what she said about you two, but she made a valid point. I like to be in the limelight, and I'd do anything for a lead, and that literally means less 'lead roles' for everyone else, including you guys."

Mari laughed, "If you think after all those years of being your friend that we didn't notice that you can be a stage hog, than you're kidding yourself." I frowned and Mari shook her head and rested her hand on my shoulder, "Years of being your friend, and not one of those years did I care about that." She glanced at Colleen, "We're performers, future professionals. There's no point in being jealous of the lead because one day, we'll get that chance too."

"Basically," Colleen finally spoke up once more, "No apology needed here."

I smiled and pulled them in for a small group hug, "Thank you."

"Now as for that ego." Colleen added as we pulled apart. I grinned. "You could work on it, but for now, go out on that stage and perform like you always do!"

"Reina." The familiar voice of Rory called out from behind me. He saw the girls and gave a little wave before laying his eyes on me, "Could you help me with this bowtie?"

"Of course." I looked back at Colleen and Mari, they gave me suggestive facial expressions to which I playfully shoved them away, towards the auditorium.

"Break a leg!" They called out as they continued to walk down the hallway.

"Break a leg?" Rory's face looked incredibly confused. I walked back inside with him at my side and grabbed at his black bow tie.

"It's a figure of speech." I said nonchalantly as I stood on my tiptoes to wrap the tie around his neck, "In theatre it means, good luck."

Rory smiled down at me as I continued to fumble with his tie, "Sounds brutal for a lucky saying."

In that moment, I realized how close our faces were, I could feel his breath tickle the bridge of my nose. I locked eyes with him. His eyes were so blue, staring at them for a long period of time would not be hard at all. "Yes. It does, doesn't it?" I murmured. My feet were losing balance for being on my tiptoes too long. I felt my body sway forward, closer to Rory.

"Alright!" Mr. Schuester shouted, "Lets take a few moments to gather our thoughts, Troubletones are on in five."

My body swayed backwards, and my heels met the floor. I smoothed out Rory's bowtie, giving him a small smile and quickly turned around so he wouldn't see the blush that began to creep on my cheeks.

"Hello Will." Ms. Corcoran's voice filled the room, as did the Troubletones who followed behind her into the choir room. The building heat on my cheeks immediately deteriorated as I looked at the girls. Even if there was a sort of reconciliation with Santana, I still felt on edge whenever she walked into a room I inhabited.

"Looking good ladies." Will remarked. I crossed my arms and scrutinized their matching metallic dresses.

"Just came to say may the best glee club win." Ms. Corcoran said once all of New Direction's attention was on them.

"Yes," Santana added, "and just in case that glee club is us, I've convinced Miss Corcoran to consider a contingency plan."

I furrowed my eyebrows as Ms. Corcoran further explained, "Yes, in the event of a New Directions loss, Troubletones has invited any of you to join us at Regionals."

"You're welcome." Said a girl with a nasally voice. I had no idea what her name was.

"Excuse me?" Mr. Schuester shared the same expression that graced my features. I looked around at the rest of New Directions and noticed we were not the only ones.

"That's incredibly rude Santana." Finn added.

"We're being nice." Santana replied. "It would be rude if I followed you around and every time you took a step I played a note on a tuba." I rolled my eyes, preparing myself to have an argument with my dear half-sister.

"Thank you for the offer Ms. Corcoran," Mr. Schuester spoke up, "but right now we're going to focus on winning this thing."

Quinn took a step forward, "And we will be winning, Shelby. Got it in the bag. Puck here is gonna come through for us." An awkward silence filled the room. I glanced at Puck, who looked just as confused as everyone else. "He's such a shining star in every conceivable way, don't you think?" My eyes averted back to Ms. Corcoran. Was I correct in my previous thoughts of thinking something was going on between them?

Ms. Corcoran gave nothing away, "Good luck everybody." She nodded to Mr. Schuester, "See you on the ice."

A few minutes later, Mr. Schuester was shuffling us out of the choir room and towards the auditorium. I was pleasantly surprised by how filled the seats were.

"Nice turn out." I remarked out loud. Kurt was the only one who seemed to have heard me.

"Surprising, I know." He replied as he took a seat. I was about to take mine next to him when a familiar face caught my peripheral vision. I frowned.

"What are you doing here, Amanda?"

She let out a fake chuckle as she strode closer towards me, "Wow, look who's in the 'dark' with me?!"

I crossed my arms and moved away from New Directions so they wouldn't hear our conversation, "Don't worry, I'll be on that stage soon enough."

Amanda rolled her eyes, "Can't wait."

"You didn't answer my question, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, did you forget?" I furrowed my eyebrows, "My cousin is competing. As a matter of fact, her team goes on first."

It was my turn to roll my eyes, "Whatever." I turned over my shoulder toward my seat.

"Oh and Reina!" Amanda called out. I paused and turned my head to glare at her. She smirked, "Break a leg!" She said cheerfully before moving down the aisle towards her seat. A phrase that was often used at St. Cecilia's sounded so condescending coming out of Amanda Carter's mouth.

"Who was that?" Kurt asked, giving me a suspicious look.

I waved a hand in the direction where I was standing, "That was no one we need to worry about."

As I took my seat, I searched the audience, looking for Colleen and Mari. I noticed I had a clear view of where Amanda was sitting, which to my dismay was right next to Colleen and Mari. I felt a pinprick of annoyance go through me, so when the curtains pulled back, I barely paid attention as the Unitards took stage.

"Just a little touch of star quality!"

Everyone around me stood up clapping. Out of obligation, I stood up to add to the standing ovation. I noticed Rachel hurriedly leave the auditorium, but as my eyes passed over her, I again took notice of the three St. Cecilia girls sitting a few aisles away. Jealousy was such a petty feeling to feel towards Amanda, and yet it was there as she clapped along side my best friends.

"That was really good." Kurt mumbled beside me.

I gave him a friendly nudge and he glanced at me, his worried expression still on his face, "We'll be better." I said matter-of-factly. He smiled and we sat back down.

"Ladies and gentleman, from McKinley High competing for their first time ever: the Troubletones!"

I sat up in my seat, this performance, besides our own, was the only one I was looking forward to. I smiled a little as I saw my sister on stage and begin to sing. "At first I was afraid, I was petrified, kept thinking I could never live without you by my side. But then I spent so many nights, thinking how you did me wrong and I grew strong and I learned how to get along!"

"And so you're back"

Sang Mercedes, "from outer space. I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face. I should've changed that stupid lock, I should've made you leave the key. If I had known for just one second that you'd be back to bother me!"

"Go on now, go!"

Santana sang, "Walk out the door! Just turn around now, cause you're not welcome anymore. Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye, did you think I'd crumble, you think I'd lay down and die?!"

Then the troubletones partnered up and sang, "I'm a survivor. I'm not goin' give up. I'm not goin' stop. I'm goin' work harder. I'm a survivor. I'm gonna make it. I will survive. Keep on survivin'" The audience really went crazy after that part.

I frowned and glanced over at Kurt. Concern was clearly written on his porcelain face. He glanced at me and smiled. "Like you said, we'll be better."

I smiled and glanced back to the performance, "Much better."

The troubletones strut forward with Mercedes leading in vocals. "Oh no, not I I will survive, oh as long as I know how to love, I know I will stay alive. I've got all my life to live" "I'm a survivor." "I've got all my love to give" "Survivor." "And I'll survive I..." "I'm a survivor, survivor, survivor" "will survive! hey! hey!"

They danced back toward center stage, the whole audience was dancing and clapping to their mash up, even my foot was tapping to the rhythm of the music.

"Keep on survivin'! I will survive!"

They ended 'time warp' style, on the floor, and this time, not out of obligation, I applauded with everyone.

Finn stood up as the Troubletones made their way off the stage, "C'mon New Directions!" he said with a clap of his hands, "We have a competition to win!"

We hurried backstage together. I felt giddy the whole way there. This was my first showchoir competition! It was a whole different experience than performing in a musical or other performance showcase. Even if I wasn't the main attraction, I would perform like I was.

We were about to walk onstage to take our places. No lights were on, so we could see the audience, but they wouldn't be able to see us.

"It's you're first real competition with us." Finn remarked as he took his place beside me. "Nervous?"

I grinned, my eyes looking forward at the audience, "Of course not!" I turned my head towards him and gave him a curt nod, "We've got this."

The announcer called out, "Also from McKinley High, let's give it up for the New Directions!" Our spotlight was turned on, cueing the music and cueing Tina to kick us off with our first song of the night, ABC.

"You went to school to learn, girl, things you never never knew before!"

Kurt came in with, "Like I before E except after C."

"And why two plus two makes four. Now now now, I'm gonna teach you all about love dear!"

Mike jumped down next to Tina, "Sit yourself down, take a seat. All you gotta do is repeat after me!"

We all then joined in, doing our Michael Jackson like choreography, "ABC. Easy as one, two, three or simple as do, re, mi, ABC, one, two, three, baby you and me, girl!"

"Reading, writing 'rithmetic," Quinn sang, "are the branches of the learning tree."

"But without the roots of love, let me tell ya girl." Mike. "Your education ain't complete!" Kurt.

Excited that my turn was next, I sang out, "T-T-T-Teacher's gonna show you! How to get an A!"

"Spell "me," "you" "attitude"" Artie sang next, "Listen to me baby, that's all you gotta do!"

I continued to sing the chorus with everyone, moving my feet to the steps of are little dance moves. I knew Santana and Amanda were probably smirking up at me. My performance was anything but solo quality. Yet in that moment, I didn't care. Especially as I watched the audience shout with glee and stand up from their seats to dance along to our voices.

"Sing a simple melody," Tina, Quinn and I were upfront as we sang together, "One, two, three. YOU AND ME!"

And then, as scripted, Kurt came up from behind us and playfully pushed us aside, "Sit down girl!" As we moved back, Kurt began to move his hips in a circular motion. "I think I love ya!"

"No, get up girl!" Mike shouted, "Show me what you can do!"

Then Sam Evans jumped down and began the 'shaking of the hips' choreography. "Shake it, shake it baby!" If I remember correctly, the guys came up with this idea. It was hysterical to watch. "One, two, three baby! That's how easy love can be!"

"I'm gonna teach you how to, sing it out, sing it out!" Mike sang as he danced with the guys beside him. He really outshined them with his dance moves.

Tina danced to the other side of the guys. "Oh, baby. ABC is easy, it's like counting up to three. Sing a simple melody! That's how easy love can be!"

"I'm gonna teach you how to, sing it out, sing it out." Mike finished off as we all came back to our final formation and sang out together, "Easy as one, two, three!"

The applause was glorious. I was smiling as I looked down at my feet, my hands behind my back in the same stance that matched the rest of the New Directions. We weren't done yet.

The next song was Control and after that was Man In The Mirror. My singing parts were about the same as ABC. Once or twice my voice is heard alone, but most of the time I had to use my big vocals to accentuate the whole group or just harmonize in the background. It didn't matter to me while performing, but after receiving another standing ovation and walking off the stage, I felt slightly disappointed.

Everyone walked back into the choir room either running or jumping up and down in excitement. I was basically the only one walking with a solemn expression on my face. I was then embraced by a tall someone, "Awesome vocals at the end, Reina! You nailed it!" Finn remarked before walking towards Blaine.

"Thanks." I muttered before continuing my walk towards one of the seats. I sat for a moment by myself, until I noticed Rory walking my way. I straightened up, attempting not to look so disappointed when Sam Evans slid into the seat next to me.

"Why so glum, new girl?" He asked, a huge grin still on his face.

Surprised, I let out a small laugh, "Oh, I'm not glum." I lied.

Sam gave me a skeptical look, "Worried, then?" I shrugged so I didn't have to answer, even though the answer was no. "Don't be. We got this!" He said with a tone change of his voice. I quirked an eyebrow at him. He then put his arm around my shoulders and gave me a little shake, again saying, "We got this!"

"Okay guys!" Mr. Schuester called out to everyone, "It's time for awards!"

Silence filled the auditorium as the three showchoir teams stood before them on stage. I stood silently besides Blaine, looking out into the audience to see if I could see Colleen or Mari. The lights were far to bright for such a thing to be possible.

"As an award winning clown, I'd like to say that it's nice for once to be working with kids that are just sick with talent!" Said one of the judges.

I furrowed my brows and mumbled to Blaine, "Why is a 'clown' judging a showchoir competition?"

Blaine shrugged, "I have no idea."

"Third place," The 'judge' continued. "The Unitards!"

I applauded politely with everyone as the Unitards accepted their award and walked off stage. I followed closely to Blaine as we moved aside, closer to the Troubletones.

"In second place..." There was an agonizing moment of silence to which I accidentally caught the eye of Santana. Her facial expression didn't consist of hatred, or arrogance. She was quite expressionless as she peeled her eyes away from me and returned her attention to the 'clown'. "we have the Troubletones! And first place is New Directions!"

"Wow! Your team definitely deserved the win!" Colleen remarked. Colleen, Mari and I were standing outside the parking lot. The event was over, and New Directions were sectional champions!

"You should've seen your face, Reina!" Mari said before bursting into a fit of giggles.

I gave her a light shove, "You always say that." I said, laughing with her. My laughing ceased when I saw a flicker of blonde hair in my peripheral vision. Amanda walked past us, not giving us a passing glance. "She looks happy." I commented when she was further away.

"Super happy." Mari added, "You heard her curse under her breath, right Colleen. When her cousin's team got third place."

Colleen flicked her hand in Amanda's direction, "She does that whenever she doesn't get what she wants. Amanda has quite the sailor mouth."

I again felt that twinge of jealousy, "You three buddies now?"

Colleen made a passive sound with her lips, "Hardly. But since you left, she started trying to hang out with us."

"Very weird, but we don't want to be mean and shoo her away." Mari added.

I nodded and gave a short laugh, "Since I left, huh? I guess I wasn't buddy worthy to her."

"No." Colleen replied, "She was just intimidated by you."

My eyebrows furrowed, "What makes you so sure of that?"

Colleen shrugged, "I thought it was obvious. You can be quite intimidating, Reina."

Mari patted my back, "In a good way." Then the pair burst into a fit of laughter. I shook my head at them, smiling.

"Reina."

My eyes widened at the familiar voice that called out my name. I craned my neck to look behind me. It was Santana.

"Can I ride home with you?"

"It was strange to say the least," I said, "She didn't take her anger out on me, and I know she had to have felt a little anger. She could've even laid a few insults my way about my performance -"

"Wait," Kurt interrupted, "what was wrong with your performance?"

I shook my head at his question, "My point is, Santana did nothing."

"That does sound out of character," Blaine added, "but the Troubletones were really confident about winning. Disappointment can really crush a person's spirit."

I frowned at his comment but simply shrugged. We were walking back to the auditorium where it all happened. Our sectional performance, our sectional win. Now we were going to sing a sort of victory number. "Do you think they'll show?" I asked the boys.

Quinn was the one to reply, she walked up behind us and strode into the auditorium, "I have a feeling they will."

There was a pretty blue sky backdrop that was pulled down on stage. A few other New Directions members were already seated on the floor of the stage and the band was set up. Blaine and Kurt skipped up the steps and took a seat. I sat behind them, which happened to be beside Puck. As he seemed to do whenever I was near him, he gave me a once over and a smirk. I hardly paid attention to him since had my eyes on Rachel who stood up as music began playing.

"Give me a second I, I need to get my story straight," she leaned down by me and Puck, "my friends are in the bathroom getting higher than the Empire State," she strode away, her eyes locked ahead of her. I turned my head and saw Finn smiling in Rachel's direction, "my lover, he's waiting for me, just across the bar, my seat's been taken by some sunglasses asking about a scar."

Finn walked up towards us, "I know I gave it to you months ago. I know you're trying to forget." He ended up standing beside Rachel, "But between drinks and subtle things and holes in my apologies. You know, I'm trying hard to take it back."

"So if by the time," Sam sang, he was sitting at their feet by Quinn, "the bar closes, and you feel like falling down," Quinn harmonized with him, "I'll carry you home."

"Tonight!" We all joined in, standing up. Puck helped me to my feet right before he pulled me closer and threw his arm over my shoulders. "We are young! So let's set this world on fire! We could burn brighter, than the sun!" Puck had most of my attention because he was basically invading my space that I didn't even notice the girls walk in until Mercedes sang out to us.

"Whoa! Tonight!" I smiled in Blaine and Kurt's direction whilst mouthing, 'they showed up!', they grinned back. "We are young! So let's set the world on fire, we could burn brighter than the sun!"

Quinn strode towards the girls, "Carry me home tonight," She pulled Mercedes towards the rest of the group. Artie and Rory also helped out by pulling at Brittany and the other girl's whose name escaped me.

"The angels never arrived, but I can hear the choir." I saw that Santana was still standing away from everyone else. "So will someone come and carry me home."

I pulled away from the group and walked towards my sister. "Tonight," I sang, giving her a look that could only be described as "I'm sorry". She rolled her eyes and her lips formed a small smile as she walked towards me. "We are young." I linked one of my arms with hers and pulled her towards the group that was formed. "So let's set the world on fire, we could burn brighter, than the sun!"

I nudged Santana in the direction of Finn who embraced her in a hug as Mercedes sang out, "We are young!!" and we all joined in, "Tonight, we are young." Finn pulled me to his other side, so he had a Lopez sister on each side of him as we all sang, "So let's set the world on fire! We could burn brighter than the sun!"

"So if by the time the bar closes," Finn and Rachel pulled Santana and Mercedes forward to face the group, "and you feel like falling down" A tap on my shoulder had me spinning on my heel and faced with my favorite blue eyes. "I'll carry you home" For once, I put my arm around him as we all sang, "tonight."
♠ ♠ ♠
SO SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT AND LACK OF UPDATES! I'm a terrible person! I wanted to post this right when I was done with it! I know it's long, as most Spangleeish chapters are, but I'm trying to keep with the episodes while also giving you more bg on my OC and have her connect with each of the characters in some way or another!

On another note, did you see the latest Glee episode!? Like what, no more glee club?! It can't be! Thank you Internet for FanFiction to keep Glee alive! Oh and that Finn/Cory tribute! #thefeels ;D