Status: This story does not have a romance pairing yet! Help me out! Who should Reina 'be' with?

SpanGLEEish

"my obvious prudish existence"

Chapter 8:

“Yes! Yes! Yes! YES!”

The door slammed open and a bewildered Dr. Lopez stood in the door frame. “Selena! What on Earth is going on?!”

I jumped ungracefully from my bed, the sheer giddiness I felt at that moment coursing through me. “I got in!” My laptop was in my hands and I turned it around to show my father the screen. “Julliard accepted my application!”

My father’s face contorted in confusion as he glanced at the email, “But you’re not going to college for another two years. You’re a junior… right?”

Santana suddenly came up behind him, interrupting my reply to Dr. Lopez. “What the hell, Reina. It sounded like you…” Her eyes grew wide when she saw our confused father, she cleared her throat, “nevermind.”

“Santana, isn’t your sister a junior in high school?” Dr. Lopez asked her.

She shrugged, “I guess.”

“I am a junior.” I confirmed with a shake of my head, before motioning my dad’s attention back to the email. “It’s for Julliard’s summer dance program. I applied for early admission and they accepted me!” I said once more with a big grin on my face.

Santana quirked a brow, “That’s really early admission.”

“I applied and did my audition tape at the end of last summer at St. Cecilia’s.”

Santana crossed her arms, “Well congratulations.” She said monotonously before leaving my room.

I grinned and called out to her, “Gracias!”

My father didn’t seem to share my excitement, “Exactly how much does this summer program cost?”

My grin faltered and I returned to sit at my bed with my laptop as I replied, “Well, it’s $3000.” Dr. Lopez’s eyes bulged, I hurriedly continued, “But I can apply for financial aid and, and…”

“And get a job.” My father added.

I frowned, “And get a job?”

---------

“Wow! That’s amazing Reina!” Kurt beamed, pulling me into a hug.

Blaine grinned beside him, “Julliard has got to be one of the best dance schools in New York City.”

I pulled away from the hug and leaned against my locker, still grinning look a fool, “I know! And that’s why I really want to go to this summer program. It will benefit me so much to have this under my belt when I apply for college.”

At the mention of college, I took note of Kurt’s frowning eyes, but he still managed to pull a tight lipped smile as he replied, “It certainly would.”

I toned down my wide grin, “Now I just need to find a job.”

“I hear Breadstix is always hiring.” Blaine interjected.

“The restaurant?” I nodded in contemplation, “I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to work there.”

The bell rang and I moved away from the locker to follow Blaine and Kurt in the direction of the choir room for today’s glee club meeting.

“So Reina,” Kurt smirked, “a little birdie informed me that you and Rory Flanagan got significantly close over Christmas break.”

I quirked an eyebrow at Kurt. Blaine was smirking beside his boyfriend. “Was that birdie Mr. Sam Evans?” Kurt simply carried on smiling. “Duly noted that ‘news’ travels fast among fellow glee clubbers.”

“So it’s true enough. But are you two a couple now?”

I thought back to New Years Eve when I stopped by Sam Evans house to pick up Rory so we could go to the firework show in town. How upon being greeted inside by Sam’s parents, I was told to go to Sam’s room to where I would find both Sam and Rory. I pursed my lips. “A couple of friends, of course.”

The pair walking beside me frowned. “What happened?” Blaine asked, reading my expression.

I bit my lip and let out a nervous laugh, “Let’s just say I walked in on a conversation that I did not want to hear on New Years Eve.”

Kurt furrowed his eyebrows, “Well you have to say more than that now.” Blaine gave him a look. I sighed.

“Sam asked Rory about his new years resolution.” I paused, feeling my cheeks heat up.

“And?” Kurt pushed. Blaine gave him an even more obvious look. Kurt mouthed ‘what’ to his boyfriend before returning his attention to me.

I caught sight of the choir room entrance and pulled on a fake smile, “And I’ll tell you more later.” I said before walking into the choir room to take a seat. I saw Rory in my peripheral vision as I took my seat, my lips pulled into a frown. As the boys I was walking with passed by, Kurt gave me a befuddled stare. I purposely looked past him, waiting for Mr. Schuester to walk through the door.

Moments later, the Spanish teacher ran in, ordering Finn to drum roll as he went to write something on the whiteboard.

I watched eagerly along with everyone else, Schuester’s obvious excitement radiating onto us. “Marry me?” Most of the room chimed as they read the words now clearly written in black.

Mr. Schuester turned to face us, a big grin on his face. “Yes, I’m proposing to Miss Pillsbury!” All of New Directions burst into a fit of cheers and applause. Slightly befuddled, I clapped along with them. “This is the kind of news you share with your family and you guys are my family.” That put a real smile on my face.

“Mr. Schue, we’re so happy for you!” Finn replied.

Quinn added with grin, “We totally don’t think you’ll screw it up this time.”

Mr. Schuester laughed off the comment and proceeded to clap his hands together, “Here’s the thing, it’s got to be perfect.” He pulled out a chair for him to sit on as he talked to us. “I’m sitting down with Emma’s parents to ask them permission and then this proposal needs to knock her well washed socks off. And that’s where you guys come in, okay? So the assignment for the week is to come up with a proposal number, and you know Miss Pillsbury, it’s got to be perfect.

Artie basically replied for all of us. “Well, you can count on us Mr. Schue!”

-----------

I took a sip of water and watched the only person sitting with me at lunch curiously. “Why aren’t you sitting with your boyfriend today?”

Mercedes popped a tater tot in her mouth, “I don’t always sit with him, we aren’t one of those couples that is attached at the hip 24/7.” She smiled, “Besides, you looked lonely.”

I let out a small laugh. Truthfully, I usually sat with a few New Directions outside during lunch, but I didn’t feel like going out there today. There was so much on my mind, I wanted to be alone. Although, Mercedes’ presence didn’t bother me at all.

Suddenly Kurt plopped into the seat next to mine. “It’s later, Reina.”

“Is it?” I teased, checking my wrist to look at my imaginary watch.

Kurt shook his head, “Come on, what happened at Sam’s house?”

Mercedes furrowed her eyebrows, “Sam’s house?” She squinted her eyes at me, “You were at Sam’s house?”

I cleared my throat and kept my attention on Kurt, “It’s really not that big of a deal. I’m just being weird about it because I’m not use to that sort of thing. After all, I did go to a school where the male population consisted of mostly homosexuals and metrosexuals, which are either not my type or I’m not their type.”

Kurt and Mercedes shared the same confused gaze. Kurt blurted, “Elaborate here!”

I widened my eyes at him.

“Yes, please do. I’d like to hear what went on at Sam Evan’s house.” Mercedes said, obvious sass in her tone of voice.

My eyes glanced towards her skeptically, but I returned my attention to Kurt. “I just overheard him saying that his New Year’s resolution was to get laid.”

“Sam said that?!” Mercedes practically gasped.

I shook my head and glared at Kurt, “Would you like to fill her in since you brought this subject up?”

Kurt sighed, “Reina was telling me earlier how she went over to Sam’s house on New Year’s Eve to pick up Rory and eavesdropped on a conversation between them where Rory apparently talked about his sexual resolution.” He finished with a quizzical look in my direction.

“First of all, I didn’t eavesdrop.” I remarked.

Mercedes interrupted, “So Sam didn’t say that?”

“No.” Kurt and I replied to her at the same time, both of us had obvious frustration in our voices. Naturally, for different reasons.

“Why is that a big deal?” Kurt asked with a furrow of his eyebrows.

I turned away from him to pick at the food on my plate, “Well, it was awkward. Mainly because the whole plan for that evening was to see if our friendship would turn into something more.” I sighed. “But finding out that all he’s really looking for is sex was a big hamartia for me.”

“How do you know that’s all he was interested in?” Mercedes asked.

I pursed my lips, “Because I then proceeded to overhear him talking about his failure at getting into Brittany’s pants after pretending to be a leprechaun.” Mercedes stifled a laugh. I bit my lip, “Yeah… I retreated from the hallway at that point and waited for Rory in the living room. It was awkward for me for the rest of that night.” I thought back to when the clock struck midnight and how I could see Rory in my peripheral vision looking at me expectantly. I had ignored him and kept my eyes on the fireworks.

Mercedes popped another tater tot in her mouth, “Well, like they say: boys will be boys.” She glanced at Kurt, “Most boys anyway.”

Kurt was still trying to process everything. After a moment, he then blurted out, “Are you a virgin?”

I laughed, “Por supuesto. What gave it away besides my obvious prudish existence?”

Kurt smiled half-heartedly. “Sorry. It’s just, Santana is your sister and one can assume…”

“That I would be just as promiscuous?” I interrupted him as I cocked a brow, “I thought I’ve proven myself to be nothing like Santana.”

Kurt gave a sheepish shrug and Mercedes interjected, “Anyway, there is nothing wrong with being a virgin. Right, Kurt?”

“Sure. But it’s like you said, boys will be boys.” Kurt met my eyes, “So you shouldn’t feel awkward around Rory. If you do, you might as well feel awkward around all guys. Because trust me, they’re always thinking about sex.”

-----------

I smoothed down my apron and rushed towards the front of the restaurant towards my trainer. Breadstix, as it turned out, was seemingly always hiring, especially for the evening shift since it was the only decent restaurant in Lima.

My trainer Scott, a handsome 20 year old college student with bright green eyes, handed me two menus. “You’re at table 6. Now remember,” He said, “Stay calm, friendly, alert and keep bringing them breadsticks.”

I nodded curtly and turned on my heel to head towards the table.

“The things I do to succeed in life.” I mumbled to myself.

I was about to greet my table when a familiar face caught my eye. I looked past my table in the booth area and saw fellow glee clubber Artie Abrams having dinner with… Becky Jackson? I furrowed my eyebrows. While I still didn’t know the girl very well, Becky has made it quite clear that she’s Sue Sylvester’s right hand gal. Also, according to Santana, Becky was a total bitch. I always assumed she didn’t know any better, but apparently Becky knows a lot more than she leads on. Like knowing how to get Artie to go on a date with her. Or at least that’s what it looked like they were doing as I stared at them from afar.

“Excuse me, ma’am. Are you our server?”

I blinked my eyes away from the two and glanced at my table. I grinned apologetically, “Yes. I’m Reina, and I’ll be serving you this evening.” I pulled out my notepad whilst stealing another befuddled glance in Artie and Becky’s direction. “What would you like to drink?”

----------

SUPAA PROUD OF U!

I knew out of the three of us you were bound to get in! So happy for you!!!!!

I grinned happily as I walked down the hallways of McKinley High and read the text messages from Mari and Colleen.

GL wit work! Ive never worked a day in my life… AWK, power 2 u!

Me and Mari will have to stop by Breadstix when we get back! :P

My smile shrunk. Mari and Colleen were out of state with a few other St. Cecilia students for a retreat. One of the many things I had missed out on.

“Reina!” A feminine voice called out. I stopped in my tracks so the person could catch up to me. When they did, I finished my text back and put my cellular in my pocket. My eyes met with Quinn Fabray’s hazel ones.

“Quinn?” My voice held a tone of surprise.

Quinn’s lips pulled into a small smile. “Hi. I’m just going to get to the point because I’m sure you’re confused that I’m even talking to you right now. But I wasn’t sure if you knew, everyone in glee club has basically already grouped up to do a number for Mr. Schue’s proposal assignment.”

I frowned, “Really? I haven’t been asked to be apart of any.” I said, more to myself than to Quinn. Although, the girl still replied.

“Well now you have.” I looked at her curiously. “I know we don’t talk very much, or even hang around each other unless we’re in the choir room. But I’ve come up with a little number for Mr. Schue and I could really use your help.”

“Vocally?”

“And mentally.” Quinn added. She motioned me to walk beside her as she explained. “From what I’ve heard through the grapevine, Rachel, Mercedes, Santana and Tina are doing a very dramatic, very sappy ballad. And the guys tried a more modern dance featured song, but Schue shot that down. I think I’ve found a middle ground of each of those performance ideas.”

“What do you have in mind?” I asked.

“To put it simply, something cute yet romantic.”

“Cute and romantic.” I repeated, “Sounds like something Miss Pillsbury would enjoy.”

“Exactly. And we could still incorporate dance, something simple.”

I grinned as ideas swarmed in my head, “I’ve got that covered.” I turned to face Quinn, “What about the song?”

Quinn grinned, “I’ve got that covered.” The bell rang, signaling the students to head to class. Quinn was clearly not done with her spiel, “I think our performance would be a bit lacking if it was just us.” I nodded in agreement. “You think you could ask Rory?” My nodding stopped.

“Ask Rory? Why me?” I blurted out.

Quinn’s eyebrows furrowed, “Well he also hasn’t been included, and isn’t this you two’s first assignment, since being new and all?”

I gulped down the anxiety that was unnecessarily building inside of me. I shrugged, “I don’t think so. But yeah, I’ll ask him.”

“Great.” Quinn replied. Her facial expression held a touch of suspicion, but she proceeded to turn away from me to walk to class. “I’ll see you in glee club.”

I nodded and turned to walk towards my classroom. I stopped abruptly. Rory was turning into the hallway I was walking out of. My first instinct was to turn away and pretend I didn’t see him, but then I remembered Kurt’s words. I sighed.

“Rory!” I called out to him.

His head snapped in my direction and he grinned. I forced a small smile and made my way closer to him. “Hey Reina.”

“Hey.” A couple of students nearly bumped into me as they rushed by to get to their classes. “Could you meet me by my locker after class?”

His eyes brightened, “Sure, but is everything alright?”

“Of course! But I just don’t have time right now…” I muttered and glanced down the hallway to where my class was. Straggling students were filing in and I needed to be one of them. “I’ve got get to class.” I told him. He simply nodded as I ran off.

I sighed loudly as I reached the classroom door and glanced back down the hallway. Rory was already out of sight.

Throughout class I constantly forced my thoughts to either be focused on my school work or on the dance ideas for Quinn. Although, thinking of the latter had me thinking of Rory.

After class I strolled over to my locker. I kept telling myself that this was no big deal, that I didn’t need to feel uncomfortable around him, he was my friend after all. But when I glanced up and saw Rory grinning at me whilst standing beside my locker, I felt that queasy feeling in my stomach.

I smiled as I neared him, “Hey.”

“Hey.”

There was a moment of silence where we stared at each other. That uncomfortable feeling disappeared.

“So Quinn has this great idea for Mr. Schue’s assignment that she wanted to include New Direction’s finest newcomers!” I explained with a small chuckle.

Rory’s expression held a touch of surprise. “Is that what you wanted to talk to me about?”

My smile faltered, but I nodded, “Yes.” I tried to stop myself, but the next word came out in a blurt. “Why?”

He shifted his weight, “I just thought you were going to tell my why you’ve been ignoring me all week.”

I blinked. Was it that obvious?

“I know I’m not from America. But the silent treatment is universal.” Rory frowned as his blue eyes looked upon me. “Did I do something wrong?”

I sighed and shook my head. I decided something in that moment. “No. I did.” I put my smile back on. “Something else that’s universal is people and the odd things we do that we shouldn’t read too much into.”

He nodded and grinned to himself.

I smiled, “Sooooo, will you help out me and Quinn?”

“Of course!”

The bell rang.

“Bien!” I grinned with him and waved him closer, “Let’s get to the choir room.”

When we eventually entered the choir room, I was surprised to see that mostly everyone was already seated and talking amongst themselves. This was surprising because usually everyone would walk in at the last minute.

Rachel was the first to notice Rory and I. “Oh good, Rory and Reina are here.” She announced to everyone. I frowned as everyone’s eyes locked on us. Their staring eyes was really rather uncomforting.

“What’s up?” I mumbled.

Kurt replied, “We’re having an intervention.”

I gulped. “For who?”

“Artie.” Tina stated firmly.

I sighed at her answer and went to take a seat besides Blaine. “What did Artie do?”

Kurt furrowed his eyebrows, “Did you forget what you picture texted me the other day?”

After he said that, it clicked. Once I had taken my table’s order on my first day at Breadstix, I pulled out my cellphone ever so discreetly and snapped a photo of Artie and Becky sitting at a table together. I sent the picture to Kurt via text with the caption, First day on the job and I see this interesting pair.

“Is that really a big deal?”

“Is what a big deal?”

My head snapped to the source of the voice, and we all watched as Artie rolled in, staring at us. As we all grew silent, his expression grew suspicious.

Finn stood up, “Hey, Artie, we wanted to talk to you about something.”

Artie’s eyebrows furrowed. But before he could reply, Tina interjected, “We think you need a Becky-vention.”

“You were spotted having dinner with her at Breadstix.” Quinn added. I stared at Kurt. Did he really show everyone that text? Kurt ignored my obvious stare.

“So?” Artie replied.

“So it’s a little weird.” Santana barked out from behind him.

Puck made his way from behind the piano to face Artie, “Seriously dude, what’s your angle?”

Artie frowned, “I don’t have an angle. She asked if I wanted to go to Breadstix, and I said yes.”

I bit my lip. I felt so much guilt, but I did not want to speak up about this.

Rachel stood up beside Finn, “Look, we think it’s great that you’re being so, so nice to Becky. But we just…”

Santana cut her off. “I don’t. I know that girl. That girl’s a sly conniving bitch.” My eyebrows raised, I did not get that sort of impression from Becky Jackson. But Becky was a Cheerio, so I suppose Santana might know her better than I do.

“We just… we think you should be careful.” Mercedes commented.

“Yeah, you don’t want to lead her on.” Finn added, “I mean, she’s going to think that you want -”

An exasperated Artie interrupted him, “What is she going to think-- that she’s fun to be around, that I had a good time hanging out with her?” I was practically chewing my lip at this point. “You guys talk a good game how it’s okay to be different, how it’s what’s on the inside that counts, but I think you’re just as narrow-minded as the rest of this school. I liked spending time with Becky. She knows what it’s like being trapped by a disability. She doesn’t care what people think about her. She’s really optimistic about life, which is really amazing considering what life has handed her.” He quickly turned his wheelchair around and stormed out of the room.

Blaine turned his head towards me and glanced down at my lips. “That’s a really bad habit, Reina.”

I stopped and pouted before I looked past him to glare at Kurt, “I only do it when I feel guilty.”

Kurt rummaged through his bag before pulling out a small tube, “Here, have some chapstick, it’ll make you feel better.”

-------

“It’s really simple. I stripped down the steps to a waltz to make it easier and go with a faster tempo.” I explained. I was currently in the auditorium, rehearsing with Quinn. Rory was by the sound system, setting up the music.

I waved Quinn to come closer to me. “Put your arms like this.” I instructed as I motioned with my own arms. She did as I said and I placed my hand in hers and the other above her waist. “I’ll lead, you follow. Rory, are you watching?”

“Well, if I had known there was going to be some girl on girl action, I would’ve come sooner.” A voice that did not belong to Rory remarked. Quinn pulled away from me to glare at Puck.

“You were supposed to be here five minutes ago.” Quinn practically growled at him.

Puck shrugged as he strode towards us, “Just be glad it didn’t take me twenty minutes.” He tossed his backpack on the ground. “What are we doing? The waltz.”

My eyebrows raised and I grinned, “Good eye, Puckerman.”

“I know stuff.” He replied with a smirk before pulling me into his arms and into the ‘closed position’ for a waltz. My eyes widened as I realized how close his face was to mine and my thoughts trailed back to what Kurt had told me. “Like this right.”

“Close.” I replied cooly. I peeled his hand from my back and placed it above my waist, “We’re doing open position for our performance.” I gripped his other hand, “Your frame needs to be firm and open.” I pulled away from Puck and motioned him towards Quinn. “Try it with Quinn.”

I waved Rory over to me. He had already turned the music on, it was playing an instrumental tune.

“I don’t know how to waltz.” Rory said as he came to stand in front of me.

I smiled, “That’s fine, we’re not really waltzing. What we’re doing is like the kindergarten version of a waltz.” I gripped Rory’s hand in mine, he grinned, and I pulled him over by Quinn and Puck who seemed to be fussing over something.

“You two.” I called out to them. “Follow what we do.” I instructed and I pulled Rory closer and placed his hands in the correct places. His grin widened and I felt pleasantly surprised at how comfortable I felt at that moment.

Soon, the four of us were doing our simple little dance, along with other moves that didn’t include body contact.

“That was easy, right?” I asked when we were done dancing.

“Yeah, and I’m not even out of breath.”

Quinn then handed us each a paper, “I took the liberty of printing out the sheet music for our number.”

I glanced at the title of the song. I nodded, “Perfecto.”

-----

Scott rolled his eyes. I frowned. We were in the middle of one of our short conversations that are only able to taken when behind the counter at Breadstix.

“What’s the matter?” I asked.

“I hate when customers do that.” I muttered, scowling in the direction behind me.

I furrowed my eyebrows, “Do what?”

Scott snapped his fingers in annoyance, “When they snap at waiters to get their attention. It’s so degrading.”

I glanced over my shoulder to see what he was talking about. My eyes lit up as I watched Kurt Hummel shoot his arm into the air and snap his fingers. He was seated at a booth with Rachel and Finn. How did I not see them before?

“I’ll take care of it.” I told Scott.

Scott quirked an eyebrow as I moved away from him. “But you’re about to be on break, and you’re not even working the booths tonight.” I barely heard him as I was already making my way toward their booth.

“Hey guys!” I said cheerfully.

“Reina!” Finn remarked in surprise.

Rachel smiled up at me. “Oh, that’s right. Kurt told me you worked here.”

I slid into the spot beside Kurt, “I’m on break now.”

“Wait, you really work here?” Finn asked. I nodded at him.

“Well, you probably don’t want to join our pity party.” Kurt said, taking another swig of his drink. I glanced around the table and realized there was a glum atmosphere among them.

“What happened?”

Rachel responded, “Let’s just say our futures are very unclear.”

“Yeah, unlike yours, Reina.” Kurt added.

Rachel and Finn shot Kurt a confused look. “What do you mean by that?” I asked Kurt.

Kurt waved his hand flippantly, “Well, you’ve got into Julliard. You’re basically set for life.”

I laughed and was about to disagree when Rachel interrupted. “Julliard?! You got into Julliard?”

“Just their summer dance program. That’s why I’m working here. I can’t exactly pull the money I need for that program out of a hat.” I replied.

“Julliard.” Rachel muttered to herself, “She got accepted to prestigious summer program and I can’t even get a callback letter.”

“Is this Julliard that great?” Finn asked.

I nodded, but Kurt vocally responded, “Oh yes, it’s one of the best dance schools in New York. That summer program will pave way for Reina here to get accepted in any performance school.”

“If I can earn the tuition in time.” I murmured to myself.

“That’s amazing, Reina. Why didn’t you let everyone know?” Finn asked, a smile back on his face.

I smiled. “I’ve been a bit busy.” I pulled out my cellphone to check the time. I sighed, “Breaks over.” I told them as I stood up.

“Oh! Could you bring two cheesecakes?” Kurt asked.

I glanced at Rachel. She was mumbling something to herself. Finn was staring off into space and Kurt was looking at me expectantly.

“Sure.”

------

“You know, I just wanted to say that I thought that you blew that song out of the water and totally nailed the assignment.” Santana Lopez commented. “Oh no, wait a second. Was -- the assignment wasn’t ‘make everything about Rachel Berry and force everyone to watch’ was it?”

Mr. Schuester stood up from his seat in the choir room. “Easy Santana. It’s fine. That was beautiful, Rachel.”

Quinn spoke up, “Mr. Schue, before Rachel swooped in to do yet another number, a few of us wanted to show you our performance for the assignment.” She stood up, “In the auditorium.”

Rory, Quinn, Puck and I stood before our glee club audience on the stage of the auditorium. Puck had his guitar in hand and began strumming as Quinn and I started with the vocals.

“When I wake up, oh I know I’m gonna be, I’m gonna be the one who wakes up next to you.”

Puck and Rory sang next, “And when I go out, yeah, I know I’m gonna be, I’m gonna be the one who goes along with you.”

“And if I get drunk,” Puck and Quinn sang, “I know I’m gonna be, I’m gonna be the one who gets drunk next to you.”

Rory and I sang. “And when I come home, when I come home, I know I’m gonna be, I’m gonna be the one who’s coming home to you. I’m gonna be the one who’s coming home…”

Puck put his guitar aside as the band in the background picked up the tune of the music and we each partnered up to do our dance bit.

“And I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more just to be the one who walks a thousand miles to fall down at your door

“And I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more just to be the one who walks a thousand miles to fall down at your door

“Da da da da! Da da da da! Da da da dun duddle un diddle un diddle uh da da! Da da da da! Da da da da! Da da da dun duddle un diddle un diddle uh da da!”

We continued our other dances, and to my surprise, most of the New Directions ran on stage to perform with us.

“And I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more just to be the one who walks a thousand miles to fall down at your door And I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more just to be the one who walks a thousand miles to fall down at your door

“Da da da da! Da da da da! Da da da dun duddle un diddle un diddle uh da da! Da da da da! Da da da da! Da da da dun duddle un diddle un diddle uh da da! Da da da da! Da da da da! Da da da dun duddle un diddle un diddle uh da da! Da da da da! Da da da da! Da da da dun duddle un diddle un diddle uh da da!

And I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more just to be the one who walks a thousand miles to fall down at your door! Da da da da! Da da da da! Da da da dun duddle un diddle un diddle uh da da! Da da da da! Da da da da! Da da da dun duddle un diddle un diddle uh da da!”

Mr. Schuester gave us a standing ovation, a big grin on his face. “That was incredible, you guys.”

Artie rolled his wheelchair forward, “So you’ve gotten a whole bevvy of choices. Which are you going to choose?”

“Well, they’ve all been amazing, but I think I need more time to think about it.”

Sam strode forward beside Artie. “Well if I could help solidify your decision, I’ve got a great idea to go with this performance Quinn, Reina, Rory and Puck just did.”

When Sam said synchronized swimming, most people laughed. Mr. Schue on the other hand definitely took it into consideration.

And that’s how we ended up wading in the olympic pool I had no idea William McKinley High School even had. We were all huddled by Mr. Schue after doing our number. Mr. Schue was giving a very heartful proposal to Miss Pillsbury.

"Life is messy. It just is. And I know that’s hard for you, but that’s why you have me -- to balance things out. But you have to realize, you do that for me too. Every day. Loving you and being loved by you makes everything better. I love you with everything I am and everything I ever hope to be. So, Emma Pillsbury…” He got down on one knee. I held in a squeal as I shook the person beside me in excitement. “Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?”

Miss Pillsbury responded with. “I love you so much.”

Mr. Schuester let out a chuckle. “Is that a yes?”

“Yes. Yes. Yes.”

The New Directions cheered for our teacher as he embraced his now fiance.

Quinn turned around to face me, “I knew our performance was the perfect one.”

I grinned and nodded, “Although, the swimming was quite an idea too.”

Sam Evans swam by us doing his impression of Elvis Presley. “Thank you, thank you very much.”

Everyone was making their way out of the water.

“Reina.” Someone called out. I glanced up to see Rory, already out of the pool, holding his hand out to me. “Need a hand?”

I smiled and gripped his hand.

“Yes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know! I haven't posted in FOREVER! My summer is coming to an end, I'll be starting school again! I hope to be able to update all my stories before that time comes. I've been working on this chapter for awhile, I just get distracted easily... whoops!

I also realized that I kinda suck at writing romances -_- But I hope you enjoy this chapter! I'm sure some of you are going to be like 'WHAT THE HELL WAS THIS?' But it's just the direction I've chosen to go. I don't know yet if I want Reina to have a romance with anyone, let alone Rory. Also, I wouldn't normally change an original performance from Glee, but in the case of We Found Love, I just thought it necessary because that is such a crap song. And I know that Julliard isn't JUST a dance school, but since NYADA is supposed to be the BEST in the Glee story, I thought I'd tweak the universe a bit.

On another note, I've been rewatching Glee, and it really helped me to make sure I stay true to the original characters of the show. Anyway, that is all!