Status: Complete.

I Hate That I Love You

Camden

A black Chrysler pulls up to the fence by the school’s football field, thin hands with white knuckles grip the steering wheel as the boy with green eyes, stares angrily out the window.
A glimpse of two darkly clad figures confirms his suspicions. Flashes of Charity and her ‘friend’ Damien, kissing, touching, spark through his head. He shakes his head, a small smile on his face as he thinks back of the good times, but those memories never last. They slip away like a snake into the night.

Camden looks down at the picture he had with him. A picture of Charity and him, back when they were happy and things were true. He flips on the radio, the lyrics from Three Day Grace’s song, I Hate Everything about You, washing over him.

Camden sings along to the words, the words that weigh so heavily on his mind, “Why, do I love you?”

He looks up, watching as the two figures walk down the bleachers, arms entangled as they stop and turn to each other, lips locked in a close battle for dominance. The picture is suddenly in his hands, his knuckles white again.

He shakes his head as he looks up at the stage, lead singer, Adam Gontier, is looking down at the crowd, and it’s as if for a second, they lock eyes and Adam understands everything.

Camden lifts the picture above his head as he gets out of the car, feelings of anger and betrayal surging through his body.

The glass explodes upon impact, scattering across the gravel as the picture inside remains unscathed, the smiling faces looking back up at him, taunting him.

“I hate everything about you.” The radio screams out at him, fueling the fire.

Inside, his mind is screaming for him to let it out, but he stays calm on the outside, staring out at the empty field.

The crowd begins to move as one, bodies colliding against each other as they let out their anger and frustrations.