Perfect

one.

Despite the fact that I was pretty used to my best friend being the craziest person I’d ever known, the moment he turned upside down on the couch, I was done.

“Y’know, this is why no one likes you.” I mumbled, not bothering to look up from my computer. However, I could tell that he’d sat up just enough to see me over the side of the couch.

“Y’know, you’re awful rude for someone who’s supposed to love me unconditionally.” He replied smartly before flopping back over the side of the couch. I rolled my eyes and refrained from sticking my tongue out at him.

“Whoa now, no one told me that was part of being your friend. I’m outta here, man.” Peeking over my computer, I looked just in time to see Joey fall backwards right off the couch, then jump up and glare at me.

"No, you can't leave me Cori!" Jumping back up onto the couch, he threw his arms around my shoulders, crushing me to his chest and essentially tossing my laptop to the floor. "You gotta stay forever!"

I groaned, ineffectively trying to shove him away. "And why is that?"

"Because you're the only one who thinks I'm cute!"

At that, I couldn't help but laugh. Really, it was one of the strangest arguments I'd ever heard for anything, let alone why I should stay friends with someone. "That's stupid."

"Not really. It's all in the awkward crooked jaw."

Shaking my head, I pushed my way out of his grasp and scooped my computer back up, doing some furious typing in search of the article I was looking for. Joey proceeded to stare at me in confusion, clearly unsure of what I was doing, but I just continued on until I found what I was looking for.

"This is why it's stupid." I turned the screen to face him and pointed at a slightly lengthy paragraph. "Pictures of all the most handsome men in Hollywood were put up onto a large board, and all of the women from Disney were asked which features from each they found the most attractive. We then tried to coalesce all this information into one amazingly handsome and appealing character. This is an article about Flynn Rider," I told him, scrolling down to the original character drawings on the page. "And you know who he looks like? You." Poking him in the nose, I grinned. "That makes you the perfect man, Joey Richter."

At first, he still looked incredibly confused. He was bizarrely silent and kept giving me an odd look, like he wasn't really sure why I just said what I did, but I kept my smile in hopes he would at least say something. Then out of nowhere, he just started laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked, now being the one who was confused. He shook his head and pointed at the screen.

"You looking that up. Just for me. Why?"

"You think too poorly of yourself." I shrugged.

His reaction was near instantaneous. Before I could even register he was moving, he'd flown practically across the couch, grabbed my face in his hands, and was essentially crushing me into the couch, his lips pressing to mine urgently. Initially he'd knocked the wind out of me as we ended up splayed across the couch, but after I'd caught my breath, I kissed him back, throwing my arms over his shoulders and holding him close. I could easily say I'd lost myself in thoughts of how attractive he was before, but I'd never actually thought about, y'know, being with him until this moment. It was kind of awesome.

When we took a moment to actually breathe, I brushed my left hand gently against his jaw. He winced, just like I knew he would, but I ignored it. "Why?"

"Because you just tried to convince me that I'm cute."
♠ ♠ ♠
lol what is plot.
everything was dialogue and everything hurt.

i haven't actually finished anything in ages and I haven't ever written my boo anything so HAPPY THANKSGIVING CORI :D