Status: Hey guys. So, currently, I'm re-writing this. I don't feel that it's long enough, or has enough detail, so bare with me! (:

The Lucky One

Jeremy.

[Avery's POV.]

"So, who's Jeremy?"

I looked up at Tom, to see him looking straight into my eyes.

I stared down at my plate, shrugging, "No one."

"Someone. I heard you saying his name last night, while you were sleeping. Before, y'know, you woke up." I glanced back up at him, tears briming my eyes.

"What...what'd you hear?"

"You mumbled Jeremy a few times, and you were thrashing around the bed. Then right before you woke up, you said, clear as day, 'Jeremy, why are you doing this?' I mean, you don't have to tell me, I was just curious."

This time, it was his turn to stare at his plate.

"I'd rather not talk about it in the open like this," He lifted his head, looking at me, "Let's go back to the hotel, and I'll tell you there." He nodded his head, and stood up, pulling me with.

----

Once we got back to the hotel, Tom immediately pulled me to his room, and sat me down on his couch.

"I'm sorry if I'm being annoying, it's just bugging me."

I shook my head, "No, it's okay. Now, where to start?"

"The beginning?" He suggested.

I nodded my head, slowly. "Okay, well. Jeremy. He's my ex. We dated for about six months, and he was sweet to start out with, then about three months in he...he started drinking, a lot. And then he started being abusive, majorly. He'd hit me, throw me against the wall, and then he...he raped me, and that's the dream I have...every. Single. Night." I whispered, my voice cracking at the end.

[Tom's POV.]

"And that's the dream I have...every. Single. Night." Her voice cracked, and I felt myself getting angrier, and angrier with every word she said.

'He RAPED her!? That weasle! Find him! Kill him! NOW!' The voice in my head screamed at me.

I felt my fists clenching in anger, and my breathing get heavier. I wanted to kill him. I closed my eyes. Just the mere thought of someone hurting Avery made me angry beyond reason.

Then I felt a soft, gentle hand touching mine.

I opened my eyes, to see Avery staring at me, her eyes glossed over, almost crying.

I felt my fist unclenching, and my breathing get more even.

I pulled her to me, kissing her forehead.

"Oh, Avery." I whispered, "I'm so sorry. I wish that never would've happened to you. You don't deserve that, you're such an amazing girl."

She molded herself into me, wrapping her arms around my torso, and curling into a ball.

A few seconds later, she was out like a light.

I gently picked her up, trying not to wake her, and laid her on my bed.

I walked into Gustav's room where the rest of the gang was.

"Where's Avery?" Bill questioned as I sat on the floor in front of Gustav's couch.

Gustav and Georg were playing Gears Of War on Gustav's xBox.

"Duck! He's going to shoot you! DUCK YOU IDIOT!" Gustav screamed at Georg.

"Sleeping." I was watching as Gustav skillfully killed the opponents, as Georg followed, doing what Gustav was telling him.

"It's one in the afternoon!" Georg proclaimed, eye fixed on the video game.

"She didn't sleep very well last night." I shrugged.

"Oh, I heard you two last night. I don't think either of you slept very well." I looked at Bill to see him wiggling his eyebrows.

I shook my head, laughing. "She, actually, had a bad dream, and woke up. Then that happened."

"GOD DAMNIT GEORG! IF YOU DIE, I'LL KILL YOU!" Gustav screamed at Georg.

"Dude! Shut up! It's a game, and if you wake up Avery, I'll kill you!" I hit him in the leg.

"Yeah, whatever." He mumbled.

And then it was silent, minus the gun shots on the TV.

I crossed my arms as my mind drifted to Avery. Then to Jeremy. 'He raped me.'

The words echoed in my head.

I felt my blood boiling. How could someone do that to her?

How could he bare to live with himself?

I wanted to find him, and break every bone in his body.

'I hope he gets exactly what he deserves. That bastard.'

"Woah! Tom!" I heard my brother yelling. "Loosen the grip or your arm's going to fall off!"

I looked down at my forearm, where I had a rather tight grip on it.

It was turning white and a little red.

When I let go, it went back to the normal color.

"What the hell was that about?"

"Nothing." I pulled myself, off the floor, and stomped into the kitchen.

I walked up to the fridge, opening it, looking for nothing.

I heard footsteps behind me. Bill's no doubt.

"What is wrong with you?"

"I can't tell you. It's not my place." I grumbled, staring down into the fridge.

I felt the door slipping out of my hands, and shutting. Then Bill slipped between the fridge and I, standing three feet away from me.

"What's wrong?" He put his hands on my shoulders.

I shrugged them off, "I told you. I can't tell you. Once I find out that I can, I will."

He stared at me, hard, for a minute. Then sighed, "Alright."

----

[Avery's POV]

Several hours later Tom, Georg, Gustav, Bill, and I were in Gustav's room.

Tom and I were relaxed out on the couch, with me laying back on him, as Gustav and Georg were on the floor, and Bill was sprawled out on Gustav's bed.

Gustav and I were playing Halo, and fortunately, I was winning.

"DIE!!!!!" I screamed, whilst shooting Gustav's character repeatedly.

Tom chuckled, "How's it feel to lose against a girl?"

"I hate you all." Gustav grumbled.

I leaned over, and kissed him on the cheek.

"Poor Gus, losing to a girl." I fake sympathized for him.

That's when he threw the controller on the ground. "I give up!" He groaned.

I smiled, and tossed him my controller. "Giver upper." I accused.

"What was wrong earlier, Tom?"

[Tom's POV.]

"What was wrong earlier, Tom?" I looked up at Georg, who asked the question, then at Bill, who was observing me, and finally at Avery.

She was looking down at her hands, fidgeting them.

Then she stood up, and mumbled a, "You can tell them." before walking out.

I looked around, to see the guys staring at me.

"She was telling me about her ex boyfriend Jeremy, who...use to beat, and rape her."

"Oh...Sorry I brought it up."

I watched, as Bill stood up, and walked out.

Going to comfort Avery, no doubt.

He was always the best at that, so I had no objections.

----

Ten minutes later, they still weren't back, I stood up, deciding to go check on them.

Then I walked out, in search.

I walked into Bill's room, seeing it empty, then mine.

I peeped my head in, to see Bill sitting on my bed, holding a sleeping Avery.

He looked at me, then whispered, "I can't move without waking her up, she fell asleep about two minutes ago. Help!"

I smiled, as Bill and I switched spots without waking Avery.

After a few minutes of laying there, holding her, I decided I should wake her up, so she could get in her pajamas.

"Avery." I whispered, shaking her gently.

She opened her eyes, slowly, then smiled.

"You want to get your pajamas?" I asked, softly.

"I don't have any here." She mumbled, it sounded more like, "I dun ave ny here."

I smiled, "You can just wear my shirt, again."

"Hmp. Okay. Do it for me, I don't want to get up."

I smiled again, then slipped my shirt off.

Then I slowly undressed her, and put my shirt on her.

Then I undressed myself, stripping down to my boxers, laid her down in the bed, and turned off the light.

A split second after I laid down, myself, I felt arms wrap around my torso.

I wrapped my arms around her, smiling. "Goodnight, liebe."

I whispered.

She snuggled her face into my neck, then kissed it, "Goodnight, Tom."