Status: a work in progress..... Updating as Much as I possibly can. Sometimes ruff patches come up but still trying!!!

Hiding My Heart

Fire

My life was good for a while. I finally felt good about being a wolf and I couldn’t believe that Jake was mine. Well he was mine for a little bit.

Yesterday I was at Emily’s house catching up because I really did stay away from her house when I was avoiding Jake. We were making food, well I was making sweets and she was making dinner, and Em came into the house with a pissed look on his face. He looked right at me and shook his head. I was confused. What did I do to him that pissed him off? He started to walk into the living room where no one was and I decided to follow.

“Embry? Why are you so pissed? What did I do?” I decided that I should just go straight to what I wanted to know.

“You shouldn’t be with Jake. He is an asshole.” What? What happened that I don’t know about? What did Jake do that pissed Em off so bad? Embry was fine with us dating so what changed?

“What? What happened?”

“You should just go talk to him. Trust me you aren’t going to be happy with him. So if you need me I will be here and I know you will need me. Jake is at his house. Now go talk to him.” He was so angry.

“Alright I don’t know what you’re talking about but I will go and talk to him. I love you, Em.” I walked to Jake’s house not knowing what I was getting myself into. What could have made Embry so freaking mad? He wasn’t mad at me, thank god, but he was mad at Jake. What did Jake do that Em was so mad at and why didn’t Em tell me what happened?

I knocked on the door hoping to get Jake but instead got Billy.

“Hey Billy. Where’s Jake?”

“He is out in the shop.” Billy didn’t look happy. He looked slightly irritated also. What’s going on?

I walked out to the shop to see Jake working on his motorcycle.

“What are you up to, babe?” Jake jumped at my voice. He turned around and he looked slightly guilty.

“Hey Anna.”

“Hey. So I’m just going to get to it. Why did Em tell me to come over here and talk to you and why was he so pissed? Also where were you today? I came to surprise you but Billy said you were out. Oh and that reminds me... Why does Billy look so pissed?” His slightly guilty look turned even guiltier.

“Ummmmm What are you talking about?”

“Jake you look extremely guilty. What did you do?” I was starting to get nervous. Why did he look so nervous?

“Ummmmm, well Bella and Edward went to florida to visit her mom and her husband and well I was worried that it was a story that was in place to... well change her into a leech. That was a couple days ago. I did that while you were patrolling. I just wanted to make sure that she was ok and still human.” His guilty expression was still there.

“What aren’t you telling me Jake?”

“Well... Bella called me today and I brought her over. We hung out and I invited her to the bonfire. Oh and well we are now going to patrol her house because a leech is after her. We aren’t sure which one yet but there was one in her house when she was gone.”

“What?! Why didn’t you tell me about this before? Jake I wouldn’t have... Well actually I would but I wouldn’t have been as mad at you if you just told me what was going on. You left me out of the loop. Jake do you still hold out some impossible hope that she is going to love you? Would you rather be in a relationship with her?” I was getting hysterical. Did Jake just go to me because Bella didn’t love him? Did he still love that bitch?

“Anna... I love you... but... I love Bella. I still want to make sure that Bella is alright. I want to make sure that she isn’t going to get herself killed.” I could see in his eyes that he was telling the slight truth but I could also see that he loved her. He just might leave me for her.

“Do you want me to stay away? Do you want to try for her again? Am I not good enough? I didn’t hurt you on purpose. I didn’t do anything that would hurt you like leaving you for a LEECH! I told you to pick between her and me and I thought you picked me Jake. I love you! I fucking LOVE YOU! I always want the best for you! She doesn’t care. She is selfish. I can’t share you Jake. I can’t share you because I know you. I know that you will always long for her if she is still in the picture. So for that reason I am going to let you go. Don’t try to talk to me and don’t act like you care because you don’t. If you did you wouldn’t be doing this to me. Why?” I screamed at him with tears pouring out of my eyes.

I turned and ran out of the shop and straight to the woods. I shifted and ran. I got to a beautiful river still on reservation land and just laid there. It wasn’t worth my time to stay with him. He would break my heart every single time. I gave him to much of my heart. He had all the chance to break me. I looked at the river and thought about how I could have let myself fall for someone who could break me.

I spent hours just laying there. The pack didn’t try to interupt me and I think I have become just as depressed and mopy as Leah. I wish this didn’t happen.

Days went past and I was still moping around. It was now friday the day of the bonfire. I really didn’t want to go but it was a mandatory thing. I tried to get out of it by begging Sam to let me patrol but he wouldn’t let me saying that it was a good thing to listen to our legends. The thing is I knew every single legend by heart. For some reason I couldn’t forget them. They were submitted in my brain. I tried to tell him that, I even recited all of them word for word to him but he still wouldn’t let me skip.

I was getting ready for the bonfire and I didn’t even care what I looked like I just threw on a strapless dress because it was easy and left for the bonfire. I planned on eating then sitting as far as Sam would let me from the group. I didn’t need to see Jake sitting there with his bitch. I couldn’t even think of her as Isabella anymore. She stole my ray of sunshine.

When I got there the bonfire had already started and people were sitting around having fun eating and laughing. I saw Leah sitting on the ground by the fire and decided that I should go sit by her. She was on my side after what happened actually most of the pack was but no one ever showed their sides because they didn’t want to cause any more trouble. I don’t think anyone liked the bitch and they all hated what happened but they were all way too nice to do anything to make her feel unwelcomed.

It was time to sit and listen to the legends and I went to get up and leave but Sam gave me the look that said you better not leave or you're in for it. So, I sat my butt down by Leah and just scowled at the fire.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bella--

I leaned into Jake for warmth and listened to the stories that Billy was telling. I couldn’t help but smile and look around at this group of people. They all looked so happy and welcoming except for the two girls who were scowling at the fire. I knew one as Anna, Embry’s sister. She was so beautiful. Her dress was cute a soft pink at the top and it slowly changed to a darker pink to even red at the bottom. I wondered how she could stay so warm in so little clothing the stupidly remembered that she was a wolf and she was extremely warm. Her gray eyes were hard and they looked like they held so much pain. I wanted to know what was making her so miserable. She looked sad the last time I saw her too. She was so cold to me also.

I then saw the girl next to Anna and I assumed that it was Leah. Her hair was short and black and her eyes were cold and brown. She must be the wolf that Jake was talking about the one that hated the world. The one that Sam left for Emily.

I started to listen to Billy as his stories became more interesting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anna----

Once Billy was done talking I was gone. I ran home to go hide in my bed and wallow in my pathetic existence. Wow, I was being over dramatic there but it felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest. How am I going to live past this knowing the person that was supposed to know everything about me, my flaws and everything horrible about me but still love me unconditionally? If the person who was meant to be with me can’t stand me then how can I?
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know that I only just got them together but I have plan on how I want this to go. I don't feel like making this one of those "Oh we are finally together and that's how its going to stay with no drama at all" kind of stories. I would totally love if you could give me your feed back because I would love to know how terrible or good my story is. :)