Status: a work in progress..... Updating as Much as I possibly can. Sometimes ruff patches come up but still trying!!!

Hiding My Heart

Fight

As we sat there it felt like forever for the newborns to get to our location. I could hear the battle that was waging in the clearing and as I sat in the woods with the rest of my pack I prayed that no one would get hurt today. I was terrified that someone I loved would be hurt or worse, killed.

After a second I couldn’t think about that anymore as the newborns came into view. They were surprised to see us, that much you could see. They hesitated for a second, stopping in their tracks but soon they started towards us at an even fast speed.

They were fast I don’t ever think I saw a vampire move that fast. The Cullens were right. These things didn’t move like they did. They were quicker but you could see the slight movement in them that made them look like they were still unsure of their bodies. The fighting was happening all around me. All of this death and destruction because of one bitch.

There were so many vampires around and even though I should know the scent of the Cullens I didn’t so I stayed in the forested area so I wouldn’t mistake the Cullens for a newborn. I didn’t want to start a fight between us because well that would just mean to much work.

I took down the newborns that came my way easily with Leah. The wolves decided it would be a good idea to fight the leeches in pairs. Someone to watch your back was the fighting style we took and it was going good. So far so good with no one getting hurt and it looked like we were going to win this thing.

We were done with the vampires pretty quickly. We started to collect the bodies so we could start burning them. We didn’t need them to come back to life. Those stupid suckers.

While I was trying to drag a leech’s torso to the burn pile, I heard a growl. I turned and saw Leah trying to show the boys up and trying to kill a leech by herself. I ran over to her and saw that she was going to get hurt.

“LEAH! Stop that! Get away!” I screamed as I ran towards her. I jumped on the leech and didn’t do a good job of getting away from it before it could snag me because before I knew it I was in its arms and it was crushing me.

The pain was unbearable and I let out a loud whine in pain. Dark spots started to dance into my vision and I thought I was going to die. At least I was going to die trying to save someone else. I was terrified. The last thing I saw was a big russet wolf coming to the rescue.
=========

I was in and out of consciousness while the pack was trying to figure out what to do. They were told by Doctor Leech that they needed to leave because the head vamps were coming. When they went to pick me up I growled and howled in pain. I couldn’t believe this was how I was going to die. I could start to feel some of my bones trying to fix themselves but it just didn’t feel right. I passed out again because I couldn’t hold on anymore.

=========

I woke up again and looked around I was still in so much pain and it still felt like my bones weren’t healing correctly. I saw that I was in what looked to be Billy’s house. I heard people outside my door and right when someone went to open my door I was out like a light.

=========

I felt someone tugging on my broken body. It hurt so very bad. I screamed and suddenly realised I was in my human form. I must have changed back sometime when I was out. I was on fire my body was burning and I couldn’t keep in my screams. Someone was breaking my bones again. I couldn’t help but have tears rolling down my face and I couldn’t hold back my screams. I didn’t get the pleasure of passing out while they were doing that I was awake for the whole experience. It was terrible. Once they were done pulling and re-breaking my bones I was able to fall into the black abyss again.

==========

I woke again but couldn’t open my eyes. I was stuck with my eyes closed and I couldn’t move my body. I heard people talking and I felt someone hold my hand. I wanted to at least let them know I could hear them but I couldn’t move

“Anna I don’t know if you can hear me but I’m so sorry that I have been such an ass to you. I don’t know why I wasted all my time with Bella. Did you know that she is getting married to that leech? She is going to throw her whole life away for that thing. She is doing what I did for her. I throw away someone that loved me dearly for someone that only wanted to be my friend. I hurt the one person who loved me unconditionally for that leech lover. I am so very disgusted with myself. I’m sorry I hurt you... Please wake up.”

I could hear Jake but my body wouldn’t respond. I heard him take a breath like he was going to say something but I didn’t get to hear what he said because I was gone once again into the blackness.

========
I woke up and this time I felt like I wouldn’t be going under anymore. I looked around and saw that no one was in the room. I was so thirsty but had no way of getting anything to drink. I made a croaking noise as I tried to call out to someone but that’s all I needed to do because I heard someone racing to the bedroom.

The door opened and I saw Jake there looking so relieved that he saw me awake. I sent him a small smile.

“It’s good to see you awake Anna! Do you need anything?”

“I’m thirsty.” I managed to croak out to him.

He turned on his heels and ran to the kitchen to get something for me to drink.

He came back with a glass of water which I gladly tried to take from him but I soon realised my injuries were still there and they still hurt. I grimaced at him and he saw that I was having trouble so he lowered the cup to my lips and helped me drink.

“Thanks” I smiled at him as he put the cup down and sat beside the bed.

“Anna you scared me so much. I’m so sorry that you had to go through that.”

“Don’t worry about it Jake.” Even though he was part of the reason I got in this mess with him falling love with Bella and all I couldn’t stay mad at him. Well the boy was helping me at the time and I wanted to know the condition I was in so I kinda had to be nice to him.

“So what exactly happened? All I remember is I went to help Leah with the stupid leech and I got crushed. I remember the pain as someone re-broke my bones and that’s it.”

“Well, I saw that you were getting crushed and I freaked. I was so scared that you were going to die. I killed the leech and laid with you while Doctor Cullen looked at you. He decided that you couldn’t be there anymore and he wanted to make sure that your bones were healing correctly. We took you home, well to my home anyways, and waited while the Cullens finished up. When they were done Sam let Doctor Cullen and the leech that can see the future come on to reservation land just this once to make sure that you are ok. He saw that your bones were in fact not healing correctly and he had to brake them all over again so he could set them correctly. Anna I never want to hear you in so much pain again. It killed me to hear your screams and shrill whimpers of pain. Anyways that was all about 5 hours ago. We aren’t totally sure on when you are going to make a full recovery but Dr. Cullen estimated around 2 days from now.” I made a face two days from now? I thought we were supposed to heal quickly

He saw my face and knew exactly what I was thinking. “Don’t give me that look. You broke all the bones on the right side of your body. Of course it’s going to take a long time to heal. Just be thankful that you can heal in 2 days and not months like a normal person.”

“I know but I don’t know what to say to my mom.”

“Oh shit I forgot to tell you... Embry was freaking out when you were having all of that done and he didn’t know what to say to your mom. She called here trying to find you to and heard your screams she immediately came over here and we didn’t know what to do or what to tell her. So Embry decided it would be a good time to tell your mom. She should have known before all of this but anyways she knows now. She still doesn’t know what to make of it. She fainted when he first told her. She is now in shock and sitting on our coach. I tried to get her to go home and rest but she won't leave because she knows you're here she wants to make sure your ok. She was sleeping on the coach when you woke up.” I couldn’t believe this. My mom now knows that me and Em are both big wolves. I hope she is ok.

I was going to ask more questions but my body was killing me and my eyes were starting to get droopy.

“Why don’t you go to sleep I’ll be here when you wake up.”

I couldn’t say anything more because I fell asleep and this time it was voluntary. I wanted to get away from this pain.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's feels amazing when someone comments and tells me that they like my story so thank you for that it was awesome! I'm just writing my story to make me happy but knowing other people like my story makes me feel good. So please tell me what you think. What you like what you don't like even what you think is going to happen. I'm hoping my story isn't too predictable but I feel like it is. OH well like I said I'm writing for me and to have other people like it is just a plus. Please comment about what you think of the story. I would really appreciate it!