Status: Active.

You Think You're So Great

Chapter 14

Brayden kept holding Emily, for what seemed like hours. Once night had come, Brayden noticed Emily slowly open her eyes and look up at him. Brayden didn't know if he should say something or not.

"Emily, what happened?" Brayden asked.

"I-I uh," she hesitated "I don't know." she finished.

"Tell me the truth," Brayden coaxed, holding her closer to him. "Is it because of me?" he asked.

Emily hesitated. "I don't feel like I can talk to you about this," she told him.

Brayden felt a familiar anger creep up in him. Like the anger he had felt when he wanted Emily and she didn't want him. He tried to think of things to ease it. His rational mind knew an angry outburst from him was not what Emily needed right now. He was distracted from his thoughts when he heard Emily ask him something.

"What?" he asked, forgetting about his anger.

"Is something wrong Brayden?" Emily asked softly, putting her arms around his waist loosely.

"No sweetie, everything's okay with me," he paused "but I do want to apologize for earlier. I should've been thinking, I should have known you weren't ready for that. I'm sorry." He gave her a weak smile.

"It's okay," she told him, feeling more comfortable.

"Will you tell me what happened?" Brayden asked.

"When you uh, um, you know, it triggered a flashback..." she trailed off.

Brayden's eyes softened, he felt so horrible. Emily was such a fragile person and it was all because of him. He'd fucked up her life completely. He tightened his arms around her and she started crying again.

"Shhhhhh, it's okay," he tried comforting her.

"W-why me?" she asked him. He knew what she meant.

He felt like the lowest piece of shit in the world. He wanted to make everything right but he knew that was next to impossible. Emily would always be hurt. All because of him.

"I don't know. I'm so, so sorry..." Brayden told her, fighting tears.

Emily's POV

I was sitting on my rapist's bed in his arms, while he comforted me because of a flashback I had about the horrible things he'd done to me. God... this is so fucked up... I thought to myself. Although as he was softly stroking my hair I couldn't deny that I had pleasant feelings for him. Did I love him? No. At least, not yet. The possibility of falling in love with my rapist seemed so far fetched though, like it was almost impossible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short.

I've been losing motivation for this story on and off, I feel like I really screwed it up with the first few chapters, but if I go back and try and rewrite them, it'll mess up the rest of the story, ughh.