Far From Forever

What We've Become

"Nic!" I smiled as my arms wrapped around his neck. I placed a small kiss on his lips as he gently rested his hands on my waist. He was much taller than I was, so I had to reach up and strain to kiss him.

I stepped back and looked him in the eyes. Something was clearly bugging him, I just knew it. I could see it in his breath-takingly mysterious eyes. They were like looking into the depths of his soul, but all you could feel was him peering into yours.

"Hey Belle," He smiled a lazy grin.

He had just showed up on my doorstep upon my request. We hadn't had much time alone this past week, and I was really starting to miss him. "Come on, let's take a walk."

I locked up my house before slipping my hand inside Nic's, which was nearly two times the size of mine. The hint of another smile, a genuine smile, tugged at his lips, but it was gone before I could decipher if I was imagining things.

The treetops surrounding my house faded into the distant horizon, along with my house, as we followed the sidewalk into town. My feet were throbbing after all the walking I'd done at school, but being with Nicolas made me forget about that and focus on our time together.

We spent the walk in silence, just letting our hands hang, locked together, between us. I wasn't sure what I was thinking, but I had no idea what to talk about with him. Even though I loved him, it was almost like we'd become strangers. Things seemed so distant with us, and I hated the feeling that told me we were growing apart. I gave him my everything because I believed we have a future, not to occupy our time or steal the sparks from our relationship.

Birds chirped loudly as we reached the small little shopping center. A large foutain was positioned in the center, all around surrounded by grey cobblestone and little shops that looked rather interesting. Despite being here a while, I hadn't had the opportunity to explore all of the shopping places here, and I'd been meaning to look at some of these.

I lead Nic over to the fountain and sat down on the edge of it. I pat the spot next to me and he obey, taking his seat next to mine. Trying to be romantic, I snuggled next to his side, and he wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Nic, what's up? Something's bothering you," I finally broke the silence.

He looked at me as if I were stupid. "Nothing's wrong, I'm fine,"

"No, you're not. I can tell, don't lie,"

He sighed. "Just.. some stuff at home. It's no big deal, just have alot on my mind, I guess," He shrugged as if it really were no big deal.

Different scenerios were running through my head of what could be the problem exactly. Were his parent's fighting? Getting a divorce? How were his siblings? His sister's in college, maybe something's wrong with her?

I tried to shut my mind off of all the things that could be wrong. "Do you wanna talk about it?" It was all I could manage to say. I didn't know what else would be suitable.

"Nah, things are getting better. I'm fine, really, Belles."

I frowned. He wasn't telling me everything, and he was playing this whole situation off as no big deal. No big deal my ass. Something was wrong, and I intended to fix it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda shortish, sorry. I'll make up with the next chapter./;

But thankyou to my 1 subscriber! Made my whole evening seeing that I have my first subscriber!