Status: Finished

Imperfect

Flirt

Somehow people knew that something had happened the night before. Probably they had been woken up by Raz and the medic running down the hallway.
There were all sorts of speculations, ranging from a suicide to parents intruding to a threat. I was the only patient who knew the truth.
The fascination with what had happened bordered on morbid for some people, which kind of creeped me out. I’d had my new medicine that morning, but Raz had told me that it would take a week or two to really start working.
I didn’t speak much until the first rest period, and I guess Aven must have noticed. He crouched in front me, shielding me from everyone else. “Belle, is there something wrong?”
I looked at his hazel eyes, which reminded me of how they had comforted me the night before. I flushed. “Um. No.” “C’mon, tell me.” I bit my lip.

Aven’s pupils dilated slightly, and he leaned closer. I felt my heart start pounding in a way that felt good. “Please?” He murmured. “Uh....I had a panic attack. Last night.”
“Is that what happened? You’re why people were running down the hallways?” I nodded. Aven sighed and sat next to me. I fiddled with the threads on my jeans, waiting for him to talk.
“Why?” “I just had a bad day yesterday. At night, it got worse, until I had a panic attack, and I couldn’t calm down until....” I stopped myself before I told him his eyes had saved me.
“Until what?” I shook my head. He nudged me gently with a shoulder. “Belle.” “I thought of your eyes, and it made me feel safe.” I didn’t look at him.

I was blushing too hard. Aven shifted slightly, until his hand brushed the back of my neck. His long fingers stroked across my skin, soft and gentle.
I smiled and leaned my head back, enjoying his offer of comfort. We were very close to each other, which made my stomach feel hot.
I could feel his breath on my neck, his legs pressed to mine, his fingers moving expertly across my skin. “Belle. You can think of my eyes any time you panic.”
His voice got low and husky. “You can think of my body any time you want.” He stood and walked away, leaving me rather turned on, and nervous. I wanted Aven more and more.