Experiment

Chapter18

Kisame went flying across the water, right into Hinata. “Hakke Kuushou!” she cried, and air immediately blasted the fish man again, right back to Naruto.

“U-zu-ma-ki, NARUTO BARRAGE!” he shouted, using one of his older moves. Old, but effective, it smashed Kisame into a tree.

“Gentle fist!” Hinata cried again, swiftly shooting Chakara through out their enemies bodies. The shark man coughed blood and slid down the tree.

“Ha that did it!” Naruto crowed, “Wait what the hell-“

Where Kisame had been laying there was now some random ninja they hadn’t seen before. “NOT AGAIN!” Naruto roared angrily.

“A-again?” Hinata asked timidly as ever, breathing heavily.

“Yeah, when we rescued Gaara the same thing happened! We killed Itachi but really it was just some other ninja… but it’s really weird you know.” He said unhappily. “The real question now is do we catch up with the others or join Sasuke?”

“W-well, I think-”Hinata began, bit Naruto was already headed back towards Sasuke.

“Coming or not?” he shouted back, making her rush to catch up.

---

“Kiba – go!” Shikamaru said, trying to judge this new opponent.

“Gatsuga! –Fang over Fang!” he cried, Akamaru and him (both already in matching man-beast-clone form) became like a giant drill, aimed right at the Akatsuki member.

Tobi giggled as he disappeared and reappeared, letting Kiba and Akamaru cut down a few trees instead of him. “Shino!” Shikamaru said.

“Hai.” The third ninja responded. Chakara-bugs flew from Shino’s sleeves, right at the hyperactive Akatsuki member, surrounding him.

“Tobi doesn’t like bugs!” the enemy cried, swatting as they covered him. Before long Tobi was a pile of Chakara bugs.

“Wait- what?!” Shino suddenly exclaimed. Suddenly the bugs were a swarm, with no Tobi to be seen. “He was just, gone!”

“Senpai, I though you said this’d be fun!” came a complaintive voice. They all looked behind them to find Tobi sitting on a tree branch, swinging his legs.

“The little twerp doesn’t know the power he has.” Deidara said thoughtfully to himself, watching the green-vested ninja below draw shrunken, and watch as the throwing knives went straight through his companion without leaving a scratch.

---

Itachi and Kisame opened their eyes at the same time, sitting within the library room only Tobi really used. “Huh, we can reuse my pawn. My little brother cant even beat me at 75% of chakara.” Itachi said nonchalantly.

“Erg. That Kyuubi brat and the Hyuga girl killed mine, but then it was at only 75%.” Kisame said angrily, mad that once again Itachi seemed to have beaten him.

“I wonder if the girl knows her friends are trying to rescue her…” the blue man added carelessly.

A few rooms over, a pair or Byakugan eyes had been reading lips. She had known in advance from Rai, and now she even knew that Hinata and Naruto had managed to defeat Kisame.

But what, or rather who, was occupying Kiba, Shikamaru, and Shino’s time? They should have arrived here by now after meeting Kisame if her calculation were correct.

Quickly scanning the headquarters, she bit her lip. Deidara and Tobi, this was not going to turn out well if it was left to play out.

“Okay, bitch, time to leave.” How had she not noticed Hidan was in the room?

Kanaye looked at the pale man and winced as he grabbed her arm and practically threw her through the wall, and then dragged her down and into the room where she had first seen them all together. Her hair, which she hadn’t bothered to re-braid, hid her eyes. They were a violet-red.

“Okay. They may only be a couple of Jonins, but better to leave. Besides, they know where this hideout is. So… Hidan, take the girl. Rest, go to your individual places and meet in the 2nd headquarters.” The shadow-of-a-man said swiftly. The one who had red hair and all the piercings, he wasn’t really there, Kanaye could tell, and only his silhouette and eyes were visible.

He shimmered out, and the rest disappeared in various ways. “Okay, here we go!” Hidan said, somewhat too happily, and made a hand sign while having her head firmly tucked under his arm. “No!” she cried at the last second, pulling her head painfully out of his hold, just as he disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Without waiting, she ran from the room, facing the challenge that was the maze of their headquarters. A pain, even with the byakugan to help her.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know it's a little fast-paced at the end there, but I knid of want to rap this up.. like one saga-type thing in Naruto.. I will probably have another 5 or 6 chapters... and possibly a sequal... but or now i will try and write with more detail next time