Fix a Heart, My Heart

Mistake

~Joe~

I walked towards Demi who was in the corner of a building waiting for her ride.

"Can I speak to you?" I asked calmly.

I suddenly felt as if what I did was wrong. My heart dropped and every bit of me wanted to just hold her. I held her hand in mine and squeezed as tightly as I possibly could.

Suddenly we were surrounded by paparazzi. I couldn't tell her what was on my mind then, it would make things worse. I deserve to be embarrassed the way she embarrassed me the other day.

Her hand slowly un-gripped from mine and she walked away. I was left feeling confused as I saw her walk into her car.

I was in shock as I watched her walk away. My future walked away and there was nothing I could do about it.

I vainly tried to avoid the cameras and the flashing lights. The noisy camera crew couldn't break me from my thoughts. I shoved a microphone away from my face and ran back into the theater.

I started making my way towards the rest room.

"Joe, wait up!" my brother Kevin said. Nick trailed right behind him.

I stopped and turned towards him. I wasn't in the mood to deal with his goofy-ness. I wasn't feeling good. I'm the world's biggest jerk and everyone knows it.

Kevin got towards me and gripped my wrists tightly. I quickly pulled back, removing myself from in front of him.

"What's your problem?" I yelled, loud enough to turn heads.

"Why'd you break up with her?" he asked fiercely.

His eyes were full of questions and no matter what my answer was, I knew he was gonna want to know more.

"She's a total psycho. She cuts her wrists on purpose and I sure as hell don't want to be a part of that. Besides, people were thinking that I was the one who caused her to cut,"

I walked into the bathroom and fixed my hair in front of the mirror.

"You actually believe that? You out of all people, Joe? She said it herself, it's because a few bracelets cut her skin. Demi would never self harm," Nick said, finally breaking into the conversation.

"What?"

"Yeah. I guess you were too busy thinking about yourself during the premier,"

We stood there glaring at each other. We finally decided to leave when we saw a janitor walk in.

I don't know how I plan on getting this girl back, but I better think fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Don't be a silent reader.