Status: in the process of writing!

How I Met Him

Chapter Twelve

After a couple kisses we traded, he drove me back to my place, holding my hand the whole way. Other than fighting the blush off of my face, we had talked about his band, and my school. Somehow, we got back onto the topic of the girls at my school, which lead to the topic of Amanda.

“Oh, we’re actually not allowed to give our numbers to random girls, security and privacy reasons,” he mentioned when I told him about Amanda boasting about the boys’ numbers.

“What about me?” I teased him, and he laughed a little, rubbing his thumb onto my thumb comfortingly.

“Well, technically I didn’t give you my number, you gave me yours,” he grinned gleefully, his crooked teeth shining. We shared a laugh as he turned onto my road. As he parked in front of my street, he took off his seatbelt and leaned over to give me a kiss at the corner of my mouth. Blushing furiously for the hundredth time that night, I looked back into his deep blue eyes and gave him a real kiss.

Before getting lost in each other (which was a little bit too late), I pulled away and flashed him a small smile, and a wave to match it. I got out of the car with my bag and leaned into his open window to give him another small quick, cheeky kiss and walked to my front door. I unlocked it and was greeted by my father, who was working in the study room, next to the open lobby.

“Hey Pops! How are you? Where’s mum?” I asked him as I settled my bag down.

“I’m in the kitchen, hun. Where were you? It’s nearly 7!” Oh crap. I quickly checked my phone, which blinked back 18:48. Oops.

“Ah, hi mum. I got sidetracked, and the buses were late today, for some reason,” I quickly made up. I followed the aroma of beef lasagna into the kitchen, and gave my mum a hug.

“Wash up, dinner’s almost ready,” she instructed hastily, putting on her oven mitts to take out the hot, rectangular glass pan.

“Ay, good, I’m hungry, hah,” I clicked my tongue at her in a joking manner.

I went up to my room, taking my bag along with me, and went to wash up. I also took in a change of clothes, which were just Juicy sweats. After all, I had no one to impress at 7 pm. As I went downstairs, I called my father to dinner and we sorted ourselves around the circular table in the dining room.

We didn’t usually talk much at dinner, but mum had special news that day.

“Alright, so I’ve got news. I think you both would be happy about this,” she teased us with a small glitter in her eye.

“Hun, just tell us, don’t need to make it dramatic.”

“I’m a free woman, I can do what-” I cut her off.

“Mum! Just say it!”

“I’m pregnant.” She smiled her million watt smile. My father looked at her in adoration and proceeded to give her a hug and kiss her face. I shuddered and bit my lip.

“Happy for you, Mum! Could I please be excused?” My parents stopped their quick celebration and looked at me oddly.

“You were just hungry, though,” my mom began, furrowing her brows in confusion, “why, is anything wrong?” I shook my head, feigning surprise.

“I was over-exaggerating, may I be excused?” I repeated. My mom sadly nodded her head and my dad gave me a stern look before attempting to make my mom happy again. I stole a piece of round bread before trudging upstairs, taking my bag along with me. I had to take a shower and get started on my English report on the conspiracy theory behind Shakespeare’s work.

••••

When I finished taking a shower, brushing my hair, and slipping on some warm and comfy pyjamas, it was quarter to 8, and I was ready to start my report. I put on some mellow background music, turned on my lamp, and set my phone on charge. As soon as I had started, there was no stopping me. My fingers swiftly flowed across my keyboard and my brain racked a couple terms that I would have never thought I would use. As focused and concentrated as I was, I couldn’t help but think of Niall. As focused and as concentrated as I was, I was also hoping he would drop a text or maybe a call, but when I would get off-task, I would silently thank whoever was up there that he didn’t.

As soon as I finished my report, re-read it, edited it, re-read it again, I saved it to my elephant USB and printed it to dad’s office. Don’t forget to pick it up in the morning, dodo head, my conscience scolded me. I looked at the time again, and it read 10:30. I looked at my phone, and there was no text or call. I didn’t mind, maybe I’d send him a goodnight text.

I got into my bed, but not before turning off the heater, and rubbed lotion on my arms and legs. I picked up my phone and sent him a cute message.
goodnight niallers x I braided my hair as I waited for an answer, going through pictures on my phone.
Niall Horan is calling. A big smile erupted, taking over my whole face as I bit my lip and answered it.
“Hi there, stranger,” I whispered.
“Hey there, lovely,” I could hear a smile in his voice, and I blushed, happy he couldn’t see me.
“Couldn’t stay away, yeah?”
“You’re the one who sent me a goodnight text, what was I to do? Send one back without hearing your voice?” I took my mouth away from the phone as I giggled like a child.
“Niall you cheeky flirt,” I whispered.
“Why are we whispering, babe?” Oh, cue the butterflies.
“’Cause I’m going to bed, and my parents are in the next room,” I toyed with the hem of my shirt.
“It’s only a bit past 10:30!” He exclaimed, laughing at the end a bit.
“Well I do need my beauty sleep, we don’t all wake up flawless,” I muttered.
“But you’re beautiful anyhow, you don’t need to sleep,” he muttered back. Oh dear.
“Oh, shush. Good night, Nialler.”
“Good night, Emma hun. Miss you already,” he said playfully sad. The butterflies erupted and multiplied.
“Miss you too. You’re great at making the butterflies in my tummy fly,” I giggled quietly.
“You have butterflies too? Sweeeet,” he chuckled. His laugh was honestly a melody that I would not mind listening to for the rest of my life. I could imagine him flinging his head back, his mouth wide open, and his crooked teeth out for display. I chuckled along with him.
“Anyway, I honestly gotta go now, I’ve just finished my English report and the work that went behind it is seriously biting my ass,” I grumbled and I could have sworn he mumbled something about ass, but to this day, he still denies ever saying such things. We both stayed quiet, just enjoying each other’s steady breaths as I cuddled up next to my phone.
“Will I get to see you tomorrow?” He hopefully asked me, breaking the silence. I sighed softly.
“My ma’s getting a little suspicious. I don’t wanna tell her about you and me just yet. She probably thinks I’m off doing wild things like partying.” I avoided tonight’s news about the new addition to the family.
“On a Monday?”
“On a Monday,” I confirmed to which he tutted at. I smiled and then yawned.
“Okay babe, I’m gonna let you go, you seem really tired, I thought you were joking about being this tired,” my heart squeezed at his sincerity and his care for me.
“Aw, aren’t you a sweetie pie?” I teased, “Good night Niall,” I sighed.
“Good night, Emma,” he made a kiss sound which sent me into a blushing frenzy and a laugh came out of me. I yawned and I hung up, sadly. I hugged my phone to my chest as a vibration came through.
Goodnight hunny xxxx
I fell asleep to happy dreams and sweet thoughts of Niall.
♠ ♠ ♠
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW ISN'T THAT CUUUUTE
way late. you guys probably expected this. im so lame sorry
anywhooozers. the crash made me lose like 5 comments which im kinda upset about and over 20 subscribers. :c
i just hope the people who've subscribed are still supportive of me and whatnot.

idk guise, do you guys like my story?