Status: Left for Dead

Gred and Forge

Only in You're Dreams

In days that passed, my mind was tossed into an endless battle over what happened with the love potion. I kissed him; friends don’t kiss each other and just push the whole ordeal aside, but regardless Fred just acted as if nothing happened inside that closet. It’s not that I really cared too much; I was just dying to know what he really thought of the whole thing. What if we didn’t just snog, what if I told him things; things that I never would have in my right mind.

As curious I was to know what really happened, I pushed away all thoughts not wanting to bring them up in case they made things completely weird between Fred and I. Plus, he doesn’t seem that affected by the whole thing at all, in fact he was even more friendly to me. Every morning he would meet me outside of the Ravenclaw Tower and would walk me to breakfast, but that was most likely because Emily and George would probably leave together before Fred could even get dressed.

That brings me to another train of thought, Emily and George. They were adorable together I guess, adorable as a spastic half squirrel and the popular class clown could get. I do admit though, sometimes they got a little annoying, like how Emily never really shuts up about him and when they have obnoxious poke wars with each other when ever they’re in one another’s presence. But I guess that’s just how they work with one another.

I was sitting at breakfast, half way through my eggs, when the owls fluttered through the opened window and into the Great Hall. Among those was my own owl, Haji. With feathers black as night covering most of his body and crisp white ones framing his eyes and edging along his wings, Haji wasn’t like you’re typical brown barn owl.

Swooping down, he dropped a slim note in front of me. After smiling and giving him a small treat, Haji soared back across the hall and joined the other owls moving out. Grabbing the letter, I quickly glanced at the envelope, reading the expected script of my Aunt Bea.

As long as I could remember I’ve lived with her, ever since I was two years old. When I was younger my parents died in a house fire, I only survived because I was spending the day with my Grandmother, Judice. Judice was old in her years and couldn’t take care of a child properly, so she gave me to my Aunt Beatrice, my mother’s sister. A few years after Aunt Bea took me in, Grandmother Judice passed away and she was the last living relative on my father’s side, and my mother had no other family other than Bea, so therefore she was stuck with me whether she wanted to be or not.

Tearing away the paper I was anxious to read what was inside, since she hardly ever sends me owls. She says its animal cruelty to treat animals like that, making them fly long distances to deliver a letter when you could just as easily use the post. As I was unfolding the letter inside, I noticed Haji had come back, and this time he was carrying just a piece of parchment.
Confused I instead picked that piece of paper up first and read it quickly.

‘Help! George and Acorns started to have one of those ‘you’re cuter’ ‘no you’re wayyy cuter!’ arguments and Lee and I are about to go mental!
Fred’

Rolling my eyes I smiled, stuffing that note and Aunt Bea’s into my bag. Grabbing an apple I stood up, “I’m gonna go, see you later guys,” I told Vanessa, Rue, and Luna.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Vanessa asked me curiously, unpeeling the paper from her chocolate chip muffin.

“To save Fred and Lee from being annoyed to death by George and Emily.”

“Mhmm, sure you are,” Rue teased, giving me a skeptical look.

“Well, would you like to come with? I’m sure Oliver’s probably somewhere at the Gryffindor table,” I offered, watching the blush form on her pale skin with a sense of triumph.

“I have homework to finish up, but maybe some other day,” She said quietly, quickly looking back at her plate. I smiled but shrugged none the less and walked away from my table.

“Finally, you’ve come to rescue us!” Lee groaned as I approached the Gryffindor table. The scene before me was almost disastrous; Lee and Fred both attempted a wall of book bags and breakfast platters to separate themselves between the new couple, a wall that looked as if it would collapse if a feather was placed on top it.

“Move over Lee, don’t make the lady stand!” Fred beckoned, pushing his friend aside. “Your seat Madame.”

I smiled as I sat down in between the two of them, setting my bag on the floor, “Someone seems a bit irritable this morning” I gave Fred a sideways glance. When we walked together to the Great Hall earlier he seemed a bit quiet and spacey, maybe he just had a bad nights rest.

“You should have seen him before we sent you our S.O.S., he was complaining about everything,” Lee said to me, not even attempting to be quiet.

“Sod off,” Fred mumbled, glaring over at Lee.

“Fred it’s okay, we all have feelings you know. You can’t be completely emotionless,” I remarked, mocking him with a sympathetic look.

He just gave me a some-what irritated look and I felt butterflies start to flutter in my stomach. Smiling back, I tried suppressing that feeling, not wanting to let it get out of control.

“EMILY!” Turning my head forward, I saw a very excited Emily peeking over the wall. “When did you get here?!”

“Just a couple minutes ago, but you wouldn’t notice since you’re too involved in Mr. George over there.”

As if I commanded him too, I saw George’s red hair pop up from the other side of the book bag fortification. “Good morning Ella.”

“Good morning Georgie!” I replied back cheerfully, noting the eye roll Fred gave.

“And how are you this fine morning?”

“Pretty swell. How are you enjoying Acorns over here? Have you been giving in to her acorn addiction much?”

My eye’s wandered up, looking at Emily’s over dramatic hurt expression and hand clutching her heart, “He is just trying to do what good boyfriends do.”

“Or just being smart and giving in to her,” Lee piped in while shoving a slice of toast in his mouth; boys.

We continued with our usual banter, adding in fellow Gryffindor’s along the way; the twins brother Ron, Harry Potter, their friend Dean Thomas, even Hermione Granger and Neville Longbottom chorused in our cheerful mirth. It was until the rest of the Great Hall started to clear out that we did too. Picking my bag up from the floor I noticed how Fred had gotten a bit less moody over the course of breakfast, making me smile a bit.

“See you in the library later?” I asked Fred, who was disassembling their barricade with Lee.
He paused and looked at me for a second, as if he had some prior arrangement happening.

Suddenly a thought seemed to have entered his mind, for his eyes lit up, “I have that Charms project to do with Angelina after school this week! Sorry I’m afraid I can’t.”

He gave me an apologetic look and I tried to hide the slight sinking of disappointment that was intruding my body. Lately all Fred has been doing is things with Angelina, not that I really mind of course since I walked with him to the Great Hall every morning, but I missed how close we used to be.

“It’s okay Ella, I’ll still be in there if you are looking for a good time,” Lee winked at me, and gave me his best smirk.

Scoffing a laugh I looked at him, “Yeah, I’ll be there Lee…. Only in you’re dreams!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! I promise that updates will come a little more frequently- I only have softball going on and then next week I have Spring Breakk!!!!!!! and I'm a loser who's staying home... but hey, I'm cool with that :)