Status: Left for Dead

Gred and Forge

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

At last, after what feels like a year of silence and suspense, the names were called; Cedric Diggory from Hogwarts, Fleur Delacour from Beauxbatons, Viktor Krum from Durmstrang, and… what’s this? A fourth entry? Hushed, confused whispers started to spread like wildfire as the last name was called, Harry Potter.

I felt Vanessa’s eyes widen from behind me, “What the f-“

“Harry Potter!?” Rue mumbled in disbelief, looking over her shoulder.

We all just starred in unison as the small fourth year boy walked to the front of the Great Hall. There must have been some mistake; he was only fourteen, he couldn’t possibly have been submitted… of course if he had he would have ended up like Fred and George in the Hospital wing with long, white beards (When I was visiting Madame Pomfrey they waltz in, laughing to themselves. Of course Fred stopped dead in his tracks when he saw me glaring at him.)

Regardless he still somehow managed to get past Dumbledore’s age line and submit his name, though as he walked up to the front of the hall he did look quite numb and scared. Of course the Goblet must know if you enter in someone else’s name right? Maybe that’s what someone did to Harry as a prank. If that truly is what happened it still leaves one question unanswered, how did two champions for Hogwarts get picked instead of one?

Later that night I shared my hypothesis with my dorm mates, Vanessa, Maura Khulman, Gabby Livingstine, and Heather Guidone. We were all hyped up on the fresh new wave of rumors as well as the rest of the school.

“I heard he put it there at midnight and the Goblet got confused,” Gabby confessed knowingly, lying flat on her stomach on top of her bed.

Maura shook her head disapprovingly, “That’s not what happened, Harry bewitched a 7th year boy’s admission and when he entered it he entered it thinking his name was written on the paper but really Harry’s appeared.”

We threw around some more rumors and suspicions, disagreeing with some and contemplating others, but they all lead back to one thought; why did he want to be in the Triwizard Tournament?

Sighing I shook my head, “I still don’t understand why he would want to be in it? He already has the fame of being Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived. He seems to have enough money to get by too, why would he need thousands more galleons to add to the ones he’s got?”

By now we were all in our beds, resting our heads on our pillows or our backs against the wooden headboards. I don’t even know what time it was but I reckon it’s somewhere around midnight.
Maura let out a loud yawn, gripping the pillow she wrapped her arms around even tighter. “Well I suppose we will never know, will we? I’m going to go to bed now, I’m still full from the feast.”

Suddenly I felt how heavy my eyelids have become and how warm and soft my bed was being. Vanessa, Heather, and Gabby all agreed with Maura, saying goodnight and shutting their bed curtains and climbing into their sheets. Wishing them all a good night I started to do the same, falling asleep only seconds after my bed curtain closed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! So next chapter I'm going to change it up a bit and write from Fred's POV unless someone strongly objects haha... I think its going to be like a one or two time deal, I'm not planning on it happening often.

Read.Subscribe.Comment.Recommend.

THANKS FOR READING!