Status: Left for Dead

Gred and Forge

I Love You More Than Polka Dots

I planned to keep my promise to George, but over the next few days the thought started to seem even more impossible. Who knows where this conversation would lead us? Better yet, what was I supposed to say? Sorry that you are pissing me off and need to work on your trust issues? It didn’t really help that Erik was starting to become better friends with me. Not that I didn’t like Erik, he was a nice guy and all and his friends were a good bunch of people, but it didn’t really give me an opportunity to approach Fred. Sometimes in the free period that we shared, Erik, Vanessa, and I would hang out in the courtyard together. Coincidently Fred also lingered there during his free period, trust me, there was no lack of awkward glances at each other. Each time we would catch each other’s eye but just look away. That being said his twin and I also had caught each other’s eye a few times, but it was always a knowing ‘hurry up and talk to him’ glance coming from George.

Plus, as the school year really started to run at a faster pace, my assignments were more than enough to keep me busy. Most nights you could find me and my fellow dorm mates in the library, our noses stuffed in various books to get the most knowledge we could from them, every last drop.

Actually, that was right where I was headed now. I told Maura and Vanessa to meet me down there as I went to change quickly and now I am on my way to get together with them again.

“Hey, Ella!”

At first I thought it was Fred calling me, and I almost got my hopes up that it was, but turning around I found it was George. It seems like that boy is always trying to find me.

“What’s up George?” I asked as he came closer. He looked out of breath and a bit disheveled as if he was running to find me.

Letting out a deep breath he looked at me with a hopeful expression in his brown eyes, “Um, Emily was wondering if you could help her on the Potions assignment, she said that you had some sort of book that would help her with it?”

“A book? I don’t know what she’s talking about.” Last I knew we both had the same set of books for the subject and I hadn’t taken anything out of the library regarding the Potions assignment. I looked a George in confusion knowing that there was more to this then just a book, why would he run to me for that?

“I honestly didn’t really understand what she was talking about, why don’t you just come with me and we will sort this all out?” He offered, gesturing down the opposite way of the library.

I looked at him skeptically and contemplating on whether or not I should go with him, Maura and Vanessa are waiting for me after all. Figuring it would only take a few minutes I nodded my head, “Alright, but I have to make it quick.”

George led me down the rest of this corridor then turned right onto another, almost identical, one. About halfway down he opened the door to an empty classroom and held it open for me. Giving him one last skeptical glance I stepped in and froze.

“Okay, what’s going on here?”

Fred Weasley was sitting on a desk, his arms crossed over his chest and an annoyed look on his face.

“I need to go,” I muttered, quickly I turning to leave.

“Oh no you don’t,” George said, turning me back around and pushing me farther into the room.

“You two need to work things out between each other,” Emily said, emerging from the other side of the desk that was set up in the front of the room. I didn’t notice she was here until now.

Fred and I both fell quiet as the other two made their way towards the door, “We’ll leave you too alone now.”

The door clicked shut behind me and I stayed where I was, my feet planted to the ground unwilling to walk forward. It was quiet and tense for a good minute as I looked anywhere but at Fred and Fred didn’t look at anything but me, but in those moments the minutes feel like hours.

“You know, I’m sorry for yelling at you. I feel really bad.” He broke the tension, cut it like a knife.

My eye’s snapped up to meet his, and for the first time I really took in his appearance; the dull eyes, the bags that were smudged under them, his skin even looked paler that it did before. He didn’t look like Fred.

“If you’re so sorry then why did you do it?”

He shrugged his shoulders and slipped off the desk, instead opting to lean against it now. “Because I’m stupid, because I was jealous. I did it because I am completely in love with you and I couldn’t understand why you would want to hang out with any other guy but me. Was I not enough for you? Was there something he had to offer you that I didn’t? I just wanted you all to myself, where you belong. You really had me going when we snogged in the closet, you made me want you more than ever, but then you didn’t remember any of it so I didn’t want to ruin our friendship.

“It wasn’t the fact that you had other friends, I don’t care about that, I was just nervous that he would take you away from me and that I would miss my chance. Then when you told me I wasn’t your boyfriend and walked away that crushed me, I thought I had no chance left with you, that I destroyed it all, everything we did together was for nothing. And even if it was for nothing I’m going to be able to sleep a little better at night knowing that I don’t have to hide it anymore, that you know that I love you, that I love every part of you.”

I still hadn’t moved, I don’t think I had even blinked as Fred started to rant, walking towards me in a pace-like manner. It was like everything was starting to make sense now, the riddle was solving itself in front of me and the puzzle pieces were beginning to fit together and the picture was becoming clear. Fred didn’t hate me, he never hated me it was the exact opposite, he loved me.

Now as he started to wrap his arms around my waist, I finally willed myself into his eyes which were now warm and soft, all the dullness had vanished and I could feel myself start to melt. It was all a haze as he drew me in closer, our bodies touching, melding together. I felt myself slowly bat my eyelashes as we just stared at each other.

“And right now the only thing in the world I want to do is kiss you.”

My mind was thrown into a whirlwind as the small space in between us finally closed and I felt the unnoticed anticipation work its way from my heart beat and into my lips.

***
I pressed my lips to his, running one of my hands threw his hair and gentle grabbing a large section of it in the back as my other hand worked the tie out from under his jumper. Fred bit down on my lip and groaned as his back hit the wall, gripping my hips tighter.

I felt his fingertips guide their way up my stomach, resting on the buttons at the top of my blouse. I kissed him again, running my hands from his neck down his shoulders then his chest, feeling the feverish skin underneath. He started to button my top, his head abandoning my lips and following in pursuit of the bare skin his hands were revealing. Taking a slight detour to roam my neck, he soon made his way down to my chest, kissing the freckles there then both tops of my breasts, earning a light, breathy moan from me.

“Fred, I love you so much. I always have.”

He returned back to my mouth before giving me a long passionate kiss and saying, “I’m in love with you too darling.”

***
We pulled away, my mind coming back into focus. That was when we were in the closet, back when I was testing the love potion. I told him I loved him. He knew that, he knew that all this time but I just haven’t realized it yet that I loved him too.

“I’m sorry,” Fred’s eyes widened realizing what had just happened, realizing that he just spilled his guts to me and kissed me. Like, he actually kissed me, not with the aid of a love potion or anything else. “I should have never done that.”

I shook my head, still looking at him as he rubbed the back of his neck. “Fred, I remember now, I remember what had happened in the closet!”

His eyes widened, “You remember? How much?”

“And you’ve known all along and you didn’t say anything to me,” I continued on, ignoring his questions, “You know that I love you.”

A wide smile spread its way across his face, “You actually love me?”

“Yes! I do, I guess I have for a while but I never really wanted to accept it. I didn’t want to ruin our friendship or make things weird again like they were when we got out of the closet.” It was unbelievable how good it felt to get that off my chest, to let Fred know how I really feel.

“I didn’t want to tell you for the same reasons; I didn’t want to mess up the whole friendship thing. Plus when you couldn’t remember anything when you took the love potion I thought that telling me that you loved me was just another side effect. I wasn’t sure if it was real or not.”

It was my turn to approach him and I wrapped my arms around his long torso and looked up at him, “Well it’s the truth, I am in love with you.”

Fred chuckled before lifting my chin up for second kiss, one that was as good as the first and about 100 times better than Franklin DeWaltaire. Right then I knew that things were going to start to get better from now on. All that was left was to get Rue and Oliver together.
♠ ♠ ♠
So you guys know that there are very very few times that I update two days in a row, but I have been planning this whole thing out in my head and I thought now was a good time to work it in.
Im guessing a lot of you are all like 'THEY KISSED! YES MY OTP WENT CANON!'- actually I hardly doubt the last part but anyway I just want to know who wants Oliver and Rue to get together? I think theyre going to be a super cute couple.

A big thanks to my commenters! and dont forget to check out the blog: gredandforgestory.tumblr.com!

read.comment.subscribe.recommend.

THANKS FOR READING!