Status: Left for Dead

Gred and Forge

The Tree

“So, are you excited for your date tomorrow?” Emily asked me that following Friday as we, Rue, Abby, and I, sat together on the ground of the courtyard.

“What date?” Rue asked while fixing her curly golden hair into a ponytail.

“With Fred Weasley,” she chimed all know-it-all like.

“It’s not a date! We’re just hanging out together that are all,” I shouted, feeling a light flush coming on.

“Mhmm sure it- Oh my God, they’re making out in my tree, my tree!” Emily’s eyes got big as she stared behind me.

Confused at who ‘they’ were, I turned around and sure enough, across the court yard Draco and his little slut baggage were exchanging tongues on Emily’s tree. Draco had his hand wrapped around her waist as she had hers on his neck.

“Ugh, Em. Just ignore them and maybe they’ll stop,” I told her, still looking at them. I turned around just in time to see Emily scurrying off as a squirrel.

“Here she goes again,” Abby muttered, flipping through her herbology book, ‘studying’ for her test tomorrow.

We all ignored Emily as she trotted over to the tree sporting her black coat and bushy tail. Honestly no one knows why she can turn into her animagus form so easily with little training at all. Usually only extremely talented and older wizards can achieve this, and even then there are some risky factors. Emily just could always do it naturally. Some say it’s either because she was charmed at birth or her ADHD causes it. I’m not really sure which it is though.

“Rue!” All of us whipped our heads over to the male voice jogging towards us. It was Oliver Wood, the guy Rue has been drooling over for ages. He was dressed in his usual robes and carried a large text book in his hand. “Here’s your D.A.D.A. book you let me borrow, thanks a ton,” He replied, squatting down to give her the book.

“Thank you,” she said quietly. I smiled at how shy she was being.

“So, I’ve been so totally been meaning to ask you, how’s Quidditch going you two? I have been so out of touch with this season!” Abby interjected, saving Rue’s sorry ass.

“Oh, it’s been a great year! The other teams have really been giving up a fight this season!” Oliver raved. I swear that boy breaths Quidditch.

“When’s the next game?” I wondered. I kind of wanted to see Fred play.

“Next Wednesday, it’s Ravenclaw against Gryffindor,” Rue implied, playing with the hair coming out from her pony tail.

“You guys should come; it’s going to be a good game. I heard that Ravenclaw has a good seeker,” Oliver looked down at Rue and winked at her. She nervously looked away from us and I could tell she was blushing. Rue has been the Ravenclaw’s seeker for the past 2 years, and trust me. She’s a natural.

“We will!” Abby said for the both of us.

“Good, well I got to get going,” Oliver stood up straight, “See you guys at the game, Bye Rue.”

“Bye Oliver,” She said. He walked away and Abby and I looked at each other.

“I think someone likes the member of the opposing team,” I chided girlishly.

Rue looked away from Oliver who was walking away from us. “What?”

“He so likes you!” Abby gushed.

“Do you think so?” Rue asked curiously, getting closer to us. We just nodded.

All of a sudden we heard a shriek from behind and a thud. Looking behind us I saw Draco and his girlfriend on the ground as people started to crowd around to see if they were okay, or to laugh. I looked into the tree at where they were sitting and sure enough Emily the squirrel was jumping off the limb that Draco was previously sitting upon.

“Guys! Emily did that!” I whispered excitedly.

“What!” they all cried, trying not to laugh.

“She pushed them out of her tree!” We all erupted into laughter as Emily walked over to us in her human form.

“Did you guys see that?! They’re gonna think twice before they decide to make out in my tree again!” She said triumphantly. She sat down on the ground and we continued to chat about it.

“Hi Emily,” a nervous male voice said from behind me. Turning around I saw Seamus Finnigan standing behind me, fiddling with his Gryffindor robes.

“Hi Seamus! I haven’t seen you in a while,” I stated, turning around fully to look at him. Now you may be asking yourself, ‘Self, how in the world does she know Seamus and not the bloody Weasley Twins?’ Well the answer is simple. I saved Seamus from getting eaten alive by one of the various dangerous plants in the green houses. Usually I like drawing pictures in there during my free period, and Professor Sprout has a class during the same hour, so that’s how I meet Seamus.

“I know, you haven’t been going to the green houses frequently.”

“Sorry lad, but I’ve been so busy lately that I haven’t have anytime to draw,” I apologized, brushing some pieces of hair out of my face.

“It’s okay. Are you coming to the Quidditch game this Wednesday?” He asked the ground more than me.

“Of course! I wouldn’t miss a Ravenclaw- Gryffindor game!”

He looked up at me and smiled, “Wicked. Well I’ve got to get going, see you later.”

“Bye!” Turning around I meet the questioning stares of Emily, Abby, and Rue. “What?”

“Going for two men now?” Emily teased, raising her eyebrow.

“Excuse me? I’m not going for any men,” I told her. Certainly they weren’t referencing Seamus, we’re obviously just friends.

“Come on! Seamus obviously digs you!” Abby stated.

“Okay,” I chuckled. Who in their right mind uses the word ‘digs’ still?”, “One, never say ‘digs’ like that again and two, Seamus and I are only friends.”

“Agreed on the ‘digs’ thing,” Rue opinionated from her spot next to Emily.