Status: Left for Dead

Gred and Forge

Isn't It Obvious?

Everyone was hanging over the edge of the stands, intently watching the game that was quickly unfolding in front of us. Lee Jordan’s voice tried screaming commentary over the hysterical crowd, but he came to no luck. My eyes watched as Harry and Rue both drove down to the ground, chasing raptly after the snitch. They were both neck and neck as everyone screamed themselves hoarse. Vanessa, who was standing right next to me, looked as though she was about to fall over the railing she was leaning over it so far. Suddenly the crowd burst into cheers as Harry caught the snitch. All the Ravenclaw’s around me hissed and jeered as Harry dove up towards the sky. Looking over I noticed Rue landing, getting off her broomstick and heading for the locker room.

“Damn that Potter! Why the hell is he so good?!” Vanessa cursed, moving safely back into the box.

“I don’t get why it matters, it’s not like any of these matches count towards the House Cup or anything,” I stated, looking at her dumbstruck face. “Plus he defeated Voldemort when he was a baby.”

“Why it matters? It matters so we can get bragging rights Emily!” I gave her a quizzical look and we both burst into laughter.

Looking back out to the pitch, I noticed the whole Gryffindor team was huddled around Harry, cheering as the rest of the Gryffindor’s came to meet them. Suddenly Harry was lifted onto the shoulders of two every tall red-headed boys. I smiled to myself, seeing how excited Fred and George were. Both of them were shouting and looking around at everyone, with that ‘Holy Crap We Just Won!’ look on both of their faces. After seeing that I thought of Rue and how she was taking all of this. She hated losing, and I knew this was a big game to her.

“Hey, I’m going to go talk to Rue, see what’s up.”

Vanessa nodded her head at me, “I’ll meet you back at the Common Room.”

I walked away, weaving a path through the crowd. Finally I broke free of the crowd as I entered the pitch. As I looked at the celebrating Gryffindor’s, I couldn’t help but look for Fred. By now him and George had seemed to have put Harry down and were dispersed into the sea of people.

Giving up, I turned back towards the Ravenclaw locker rooms. As I started for it I felt someone grab me from behind. After letting out a small shriek, I heard the perpetrator laugh and I instantly knew who it was.

“Fred, let me go!” I said laughing, trying to twist my body around to face him.

Loosening his grip on me, I turned around and looked at him smiling, “I wanted to ask you-“ he never got to finish his sentence since the sound of someone calling his name interrupted us.

“Fred!” Angelina came running out of the crowd and ran towards Fred, giddy with glee. I took a step back as she threw herself in his arms, which he quickly wrapped around her. “We won!!” They both yelled together as he set her back down.

I felt something in my stomach, some weird feeling that I couldn’t really describe. It wasn’t really happy nor sad, but maybe… jealousy? No it couldn’t be. I wasn’t jealous of Fred and Angelina, it’s not like they’re dating or anything. Plus they just won the first Quidditch match of the year and that’s definitely worth celebrating. As Fred and Angelina started recapping the game, I suddenly remembered I had to find Rue. I turned around once more and walked off towards the locker room, and this time no one was stopping me.

“Rue, are you in here?” I called as I wondered down the hallway and into the large meeting room inside. I looked around, spotting Rue sitting on a chair shoved into a corner to my right. “Hey.”

She sighed, her shoulder’s falling. Looking up at me she replied, “Hey.” Rue had a look of deep thought in her eyes, a look that showed me she wasn’t crying which made me feel better.

Pulling up a chair in front of her I sat down. “So…” I felt awkward here. I’m not sure why but for once I just didn’t know what to say. When I walked in here I expected either Rue to be crying or absolutely furious, but here she was just sitting and thinking.

“Em, you don’t want to be in here right now, I can tell. I’m fine. It’s just a game after all and it’s not like it counts for anything anyway,” Rue gave me a small smile.

I looked at her for a moment, unsure of what I should really do; is this a plea for help or does she really want me to go? “Umm, if you really want me too I will but I don’t have to Rue.”

She nodded her head, “I’ll be fine, go. I think Fred might be looking for you.”

As I got up I gave her a questioning look, “What do you mean by that?”

“You can’t tell me you haven’t noticed?”

“Noticed what?” I sat back down, my curiosity basically pouring out of me.

Rue smiled, “The way he’s always looking for you, not only that but the way he looks at you. It’s obvious that he likes you!”

I felt myself blush just thinking about it… about Fred liking me. “Well, if that’s true you should see the way Oliver looks at you.”

Rue sat up straight, her eyes were large, “What do you mean?”

Smirking I stood up, “Oh, you can never be too sure really but you’ll find out eventually.” Before Rue could really ask me anymore questions, I walked back down the hall and out of the locker room, congratulating the other Ravenclaw’s on how well they tried today.