We Can't Wake Up

Seeing You

School was home for Marcus. Where everyone admired him for the amazing talent that he possessed. It was home for him, more than any other place – more than his old hangout near the beach, more than where he lived with his “Mother” and “Father”. They weren’t actually his parents; they were some different relation of his mother.

His biological parents had been killed ten years ago. He knew all about them and was extremely proud to be their son. His father, the famous dark wizard Lord Voldemort had wreaked havoc upon the wizarding world and, apparently, the muggle world. His father had been one of the many witches and wizards against mudbloods and half-bloods, though he himself was only half-blood. His mother had been one of his father’s followers, Bellatrix Lestrange.

Harry Potter. Marcus’ forehead creased in anger. The boy who had defeated Lord Voldemort. He was famous, loved throughout the nation. Marcus hated him. How could he, a mere boy of seventeen defeat the most powerful wizard of all time?

This was the main thought that drove Marcus on with such enthusiasm. Marcus wanted to destroy Harry Potter. How old is he now? Marcus’ forehead smoothed out. Twenty-seven, I believe.

The boys around him talked eagerly of returning to school. Most spoke of the girl Anne Hammond. Marcus listened without giving any indication that he was actually listening.

“I’ve heard that she is going out with the Ravenclaw quidditch captain.” Arnold said quietly. Arnold was one of Marcus’ most diligent ‘friends’ – he was always supported Marcus no matter what the plan was.

“Percy Houston?” Maria squealed from the other side of the compartment. “No way! He is like seriously ugly.” Marcus shuddered inwardly. He loathed Maria, with her high pitched squeal of a voice and the fact that she was entirely and utterly stupid. He only had her around because Matthew was going out with her and Matthew said that if she wasn’t in then he wasn’t in. Marcus didn’t want that, Matthew was extremely valuable….for the time being.

“Maria, if you squeal again, then you will be thrown out.” A deep voice rumbled from the corner seat, across from Marcus. Everyone looked at the boy in surprise.

“You haven’t spoken the entire journey Richard.” Matthew grinned at him.

Richard looked at Matthew sullenly and then went back to staring out the window. Richard was also very useful, though he didn’t talk much, he always had brilliant ideas.

The conversation turned back to Anne and then to school.

The train pulled up slowly along the platform at Hogsmeade. All the students walked excitedly off. Once on the platform, Matthew, Arnold, Richard and Maria followed Marcus as he walked to the carriages waiting to take them to school. The strange animals pulling the carriages snorted quietly and stamped their feet. Marcus never told anyone that he could see them, because of course they would want to know why.

Behind him, the babble of a group of girls talking quietly started. He turned slowly, as if meaning to talk to his followers. His eyes drifted restlessly across the small group. There were around six people in the group, all of them surrounding one girl with perfectly tanned skin and dark, challenging eyes.

Marcus let his gaze lock with hers for one moment before he looked away, as if bored. His first sighting of Anne for the year; she looked just as perfect as last year, just as out of reach. It annoyed him greatly that she did not even appear remotely interested in him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it. Please comment if you read. :)