We Can't Wake Up

Christmas Holidays

The Christmas break came all too soon for Marcus. He walked with a heavy heart to the carriages that would take them to the train, but he gave no appearance of it. He walked as he always did, as if he were in control of the entire world. He did not look snobbish in anyway, just pure power.

He climbed onto a carriage with Arnold, Richard and Matthew. He saw Maria glancing wistfully in their direction, her eyes focused on Matthew. Another group of girls wandered up, Anne at the lead.

“One more on this carriage!” Muscat, the gamekeeper, cried out.

The students around tittered nervously. Everybody wanted to sit next to Marcus, but no-one was brave enough to do it.

Anne gave an impatient sigh and stepped up next to Marcus. She gave every impression of being annoyed that she had to go on and sit next to Marcus.

Marcus could hear the whispers of girls around. “How can she act like that when she is sitting next to him?”
“God I think I would faint if I could be that close to him,”
“I wouldn’t sit next to him if I was paid to. I hate him!” That was definitely Maria. Marcus pursed his lips; something would have to be done about her.

He discreetly glanced sideway at Anne and saw that she was fighting the urge to smile. He looked back towards the castle and thought about the lunchtimes they had spent in the little clearing. He thought about the time he would be away from there; and from Anne. The thought cut him slightly, Marcus frowned in surprise.

The train journey was not long enough for Marcus’ liking. When he disembarked he could see his guardians, Thomas and Mary, standing with a small group of other parents. Marcus collected his trunk and owl and headed towards them. They smiled mechanically at him and then walked out of the station.

It did not take them long to get back, even though the house was far from the station. Marcus went immediately to his room. He let Onyx out of his cage and then lay on his bed. It felt awful to be back. But, he had a job to do before he returned to Hogwarts.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is slightly shorter than the last couple I think, but I hope you like it anyway
:)