We Can't Wake Up

The First One

Christmas was dismal for Marcus. He received many expensive presents, but took no joy in any of them. It was the company that he had to put up with. He spent most of his time in his room, reading his extensive collections of articles from The Daily Prophet about the havoc that Lord Voldemort and his followers created.

Marcus had not really known his parents, though they were alive for five years of his life. Mostly he was sent off to relative’s homes whilst his parents were off enjoying themselves killing people. Marcus had grown more and more annoyed about this in the past couple of years. It was not that he wanted to have had a good ‘family’ relationship with them; he just wanted to ask them about everything that they did.

Marcus had an idea about how to go about asking them. He had read once in the library about the Deathly Hallows. There were three – the Resurrection Stone, the Elder wand and the Invisibility Cloak. It was said that no one knew where they were, that they had been lost centuries ago.

Marcus was determined to find them, at least the Resurrection Stone. He decided that he must have that stone.

Marcus took to wandering at night, thinking about anything that might help him in the slightest. Neither Thomas nor Mary knew of these wanderings, though they would not be able to do anything about it if they did know.

The streets were quiet at night as Marcus walked alone through the damp grass of the playground. Maybe I should look at Hogwarts. It would be a likely place for them to be. Someone could have hidden one of them in The Room of Requirement. Marcus knew all about The Room of Requirement. He had used it all of his years at Hogwarts. It was very useful when he needed something hidden or he just needed somewhere to go.

Marcus walked silently through the front door of his home and up the stairs to his room on the top floor. He sat on his bed beneath the window and looked out at the moon shining brightly. Clouds covered most of it but it continued to shine. Marcus scowled and looked down towards the streets. There was a movement and Marcus’ eyes narrowed as he tried to pick out what it was.

The figure moved into the light. It was Maria. Marcus scowled deeply as she stood looking at his house. Her face was twisted with revulsion and disgust as she stood silently. He could see that she gripped her wand tightly in her right hand. Perhaps she had seen him walking around; he had forgotten that she lived nearby, something that he had always despised.

He waited for her to leave, but after half an hour Maria still stood there, her face a mask of hatred. Marcus sighed heavily and stood. He walked down one flight of stairs to his guardians’ room. He opened the door silently and reached a long, pale arm into the room, reaching for a table. He found it, his fingers sliding across it until he found a wand. He brought it out; it was Thomas’ wand, twelve inches long, with an owl feather.

Marcus knew that if he used Thomas’ or Mary’s wand to perform magic whilst he was away from school, then he would not get into trouble because the Ministry would think that it was an adult using magic.

He walked silently downstairs and out of the front door. Maria gasped when she saw him, but her face remained marred with hatred.

“Maria,” Marcus said quietly. “Have you come to pay me a visit? How kind,” he continued in the same quiet tone.

Maria’s face twisted bitterly, “Bastard.” she spat, “I have not come to pay you a visit Marcus. I’ve come to kill you,”

“Oh have you now?” Marcus smiled slightly, “Now that is very hard to believe. You kill me?” The smile widened and Marcus took a graceful step forwards.

Maria shuddered, “Yes. You ruined everything Marcus. Why do you think you are so special? You are nothing more than an insect!”

Marcus raised his eyebrows skeptically, “An insect? Well, I may be an insect, but that is far higher on the evolutionary scale then you my dear,”

Maria’s right arm shot upwards so that her wand was pointing at Marcus’ chest. “Don’t you dare call me dear!” she screeched.

“I’m afraid you’re going to have to be quieter if you want to kill me Maria. Someone might hear you and you wouldn’t want that, would you?” Marcus said scathingly, taking another step forwards. There was now no more than two metres between them. “Go on, kill me now. You have your perfect chance.” Marcus looked down at her expectantly. “Well? Are you going to or not?” Marcus paused again, “Exactly,”

Maria scowled at him and opened her mouth to say a spell.

Imperio!” Marcus whispered.

Maria suddenly turned and walked towards the playground. Marcus followed closely, telling her what to do. They were right next to Maria’s house when he made her stop. Maria’s house was right next to a forest. Marcus walked beside Maria into the forest until they came to a creek.

At this point Marcus lifted his wand away from Maria. She turned to stare at him with shocked eyes.

Marcus stood very close to her and leant down to whisper in her ear. “That’s right, you couldn’t do it. You lost your chance Maria, for everything. You could have had him back but you pushed me too far. Now there is no turning back, this is your point of no return. Ever.” He paused as he heard Maria’s breathing quicken but she mad no move to run away. “You killed every chance you ever had Maria, not me, you. What a stupid little girl you are.”

Marcus pulled away and met Maria’s wide blue eyes. Her lips moved as if she was speaking but she uttered no sound. Suddenly she reached up and pressed her lips firmly to his. She wrapped his arms around his neck and kissed him as if he were the only person she had ever loved.

Marcus remained still whilst she threw herself into the only thing she could think of to save herself.

She drew away after a little while and looked expectantly at him.

Marcus smiled at her and he saw Maria visibly relax. “Now you have secured your fate Maria.” Marcus whispered, leaning very close to her. “Yes, everything is perfect now.” he could feel Maria pressing her lips to his neck and he closed his eyes. “You stupid girl,” he continued, his voice only just audible. “I’m going to kill you Maria, and no-one will know it was me. No-one will care that you have died, not even Matthew. He never cared for you Maria, he was using you. Why did you not notice?”

Marcus pulled away from her; Maria’s eyes were wide with fear. Marcus smiled at her and lifted his wand.

Imperio!” he said forcefully.

Maria stood for one moment and then walked calmly into the river. She did not resurface.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is slightly longer for you.
:D
Comments?
:)