We Can't Wake Up

First Touch

Anne was walking slowly in the other direction. Marcus increased his stride fractionally and passed her without speaking to her or even looking at her. He heard he take a breath sharply. His eyes slowly turned to look at her, as if he hadn’t seen her before.

Her eyes seemed to dance strangely even in this dim light. “Do you want something?” Marcus asked scathingly.

Anne’s skin flushed slightly, but her eyes went distant.

Marcus sighed impatiently as if she had been wasting his time. He walked on for a few strides. Anne brushed by him, their hands collided. Marcus grabbed at her hand and drew her to him. Anne spun around to face him, her face even more flushed and her breath was uneven and shallow.

He thought for a moment that she was frightened; the thought pleased him, but also shocked him. She opened her mouth to say something, but he gave her no time. Marcus brushed his hand softly along her jaw. His own heart was jumping slightly, but there was not one sign of it in his face or even his breathing.

Anne was watching him expectantly, her dark eyes wide. Marcus scowled and pushed her roughly away. He walked quickly, departing as soon as he could from that place.

He heard a gasp and a gentle thud as Anne hit the floor. He turned and saw her picking herself up and brushing her cloak. She was still looking down as Marcus walked back silently. As she looked up, Marcus saw that her eyes were slightly damp with tears. She looked as if she were about to storm away when Marcus took her chin in his hand and bent to press his lips to hers.

The most surprising sensation took hold of him as they stood together embracing. He felt as if he wanted to hold her this way forever, to be there to protect her. It disgusted him, he wanted to push her away and kill her right now. But he also knew that he couldn’t do that. His hands moved to her waist and pulled her firmly against him. He felt Anne’s hands move to his hair.

Marcus didn’t know how long they stood there. But he pulled away as he heard whispers coming down the halls. Even though they were only whispering, Marcus knew it was Richard and Arnold.

He stared blankly at Anne who seemed frightened at the thought of being caught. Marcus sighed impatiently and flicked his wand at her silently. Anne disappeared before him.

“Don’t worry; it’ll wear of in about ten minutes.” He looked at the spot where she had been standing, not entirely sure if she was still there. His eyes narrowed and he inwardly cursed himself for letting such weak emotions overpower him.

Without another word Marcus turned and walked swiftly and silently back to the Slytherin common room.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry about no updating. but our internet at home is having a few personal problems after a storm so i can only update at mums work. anyways, heres two chapters for you. :D