We Can't Wake Up

Only a Few More Days

Wherever Marcus went, there was always at least three other people with him; flanking his sides like bodyguards.

Many people were curious as to the reason for this, but they knew better than to ask. Everything surrounding Marcus these days was becoming a mystery. Ever since he had shown up Harry Potter all the students had been increasingly interested by him.

The holidays drew closer and the excitement for them mingled uneasily with the growing suspicion surrounding Marcus Lestrange.

Marcus noticed this and it gave him pleasure to know that he was already working people into a frenzy. Also the news that Anne and Percy were no longer a couple reached his ears. Apparently they had a falling out over the fact that Anne did not want to meet his parents. Percy had taken this extremely personally and was now quite depressed.

The train screeched loudly as the wheels slid along the wet track. It had been raining consistently for the last days before the holidays. The train slowed down with more ear-splitting squeals. Students groaned and covered their ears.

“All board!” the cry was loud and carried easily down the station without the use of magic.

Everyone raced on, scrambling to get a compartment to share with their friends. Marcus walked on with Richard and Arnold. They sat in an empty compartment and closed the door. Moments later the train jerked to a start. It moved off slowly, building speed as they left the station.

“Anything special planned for the holidays?” Richard asked, his low voice sounding like a dog growling.

Marcus shook his head minutely and looked out the window. The scenery sped past in a blur; Marcus could only make out the occasional tree.

Arnold watched Marcus as he closed his eyes and pursed his lips. Obviously something was annoying him. Arnold knew better than to ask.

The trolley over-laden with sweets rolled to a stop infront of their cabin. “Anything you want dears?” the old lady enquired, her voice slightly impatient.

Richard eagerly stood and walked over to her. He bought an armful of food, sat down and shared it with Arnold.

Marcus sat silently listening to the chewing of the two boys in the cabin with him. His mind, however, was further afield. Only a few more days, he promised himself silently. A few more days and he will no longer exist.

Marcus stood abruptly when the train halted at Kings Cross. The journey had seemed to take longer than usual.

“See you after the holidays!” Richard called as Marcus stalked down the platform.
His owl, Onyx, perched on his shoulder and his trunk rolled silently behind him.

Thomas smiled weakly at him, “Hello Marcus,”

“Shall we?” Mary’s voice was quiet and nervous, as if she were afraid to be seen talking to this boy.

Anne walked past with her family. They were laughing and joking, Anne carrying her baby brother while her father pulled her trunk along behind him.

Marcus wrinkled his nose. The feeling of contentment and love was vibrating out from them. He shuddered. Marcus walked past Thomas and Mary and they followed him quietly out of the station.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I know I've been promising more exciting things but these little fillers are important, they aren't just mindless ramblings. Or at least I don't view them that way, and things definitely are happening in the next three chapters.
Oh and also this story will be finishing soon, BUT I am currently writing the sequel, so have no fears. :D