We Can't Wake Up

Mere Hours

Marcus sighed in revulsion as he walked into the house. Mary had had friends over it seemed. The house was decorated with vases of flowers. He walked up to his room, his trunk floating along behind him.

Once in his room, Marcus lay down on his bed. His eyes closed and his lips parted slightly as he breathed. In his mind he visualized how he was going to kill Percy. He was relishing the thought.

Marcus awoke, his breathing the only thing he could hear. He sat up and walked to the door. When he opened it he could hear lows voices whispering downstairs. Marcus moved to the banister so that he could hear the conversation.

“He’s dangerous,” Mary was pleading. “I don’t want him anymore. He’s going to ruin us.”

“Be quiet Mary,” Thomas hissed. “We can’t just throw him out. He has no where else to go. Besides he is the son of your cousin. Your dead cousin. Surely you would want your children to be taken care of if you died.”

“That is beside the point.” Mary’s voice was becoming louder. “He is the child of Lord Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange.” Her voice shook as she spoke the words, almost as if they along could kill her. “What if someone finds out who his parents really are? What will happen to us?” she paused and drew in a long breath. “Do you remember what happen after Harry Potter killed Lord Voldemort? Do you remember what happened to all of his followers who were not killed that night?”

“Of course I remember, you fool! How could I forget? We were ostracized just for being related to Bellatrix.” Thomas said forcefully “But what about the Malfoys? Huh? Draco is still alive and he is doing just fine.”

Mary screeched with rage, “I want him gone. You hear me Thomas? I want him GONE!”

Marcus walked down the carpeted stairs and appeared in the living room where they were having their argument. “I could show you a really useful spell that would stop you from being overheard,” he said quietly, looking down at Mary. “It might be of use at some point. You never know,” his eyes were cold as they pierced Mary’s.

Mary shuddered and turned away from Marcus. Marcus smiled slightly to himself and walked into the kitchen. He made himself some breakfast and ate it slowly, reading the Daily Prophet.

Harry Potter and his friends Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasly were on the front page. Marcus skipped over without interest. Soon enough, there would be no Harry Potter to write news about.

The sun warmed his skin as he walked through the streets. Marcus estimated that it would take him about half an hour to walk to Percy’s home.

He was correct. An hour later, Marcus returned home. He went straight to his room and opened his trunk. On the top lay his wand, a warm jumper and some dark coloured jeans. Only a few more hours to go he thought and smiled coldly.