We Can't Wake Up

No Changes

The bracelet was cool and heavy in his hand as Marcus hurried back to the house. An owl hooted quietly overhead and the leaves of a tree rustled as a bird took flight. The only other sounds were Marcus’ footsteps and his quiet, constant breathing.

Mary and Thomas were fast asleep as Marcus stole up to his room and lay on his bed. He held the bracelet above his head and looked at it. He could no longer see the green tinge that had haunted it in the park. It now looked as it had when Marcus first picked it up from the Gryffindor common room.

This thought inevitably led Marcus to think of Anne. How would she react when she found out Percy was dead? Would she be sad? Would she suspect Marcus?

The thoughts tormented him as he studied the bracelet. He desperately wanted to get back to school to hear the opinions and rumours that would bound to be flying. Everyone had known that Percy and his father were very close, would they think that it had all be a façade? Or would they suspect someone else? Himself even? Would one of the students or teachers at Hogwarts see right through him and see the murderer inside?

Marcus stood and moved across to the mirror on the opposite wall. He looked no different. His features were exactly the same, not even the slightest bit changed. Marcus breathed a quiet sigh of relief.

Truth be told, that was what he had feared. To change once he had made the Horcrux. Marcus didn’t know when his features would change and if indeed they would. His father was the only one he knew who had ever made so many Horcruxes. So there wasn’t any other evidence. Maybe he would have to ask him when he started to change.

The thoughts rolled around his mind like waves crashing on a beach. Rolling forwards into prominence and then back into the sea as another one came forwards. The repetition was weary and Marcus moved away from the mirror, changed and got into bed.

Mary had left for work by the time Marcus emerged from his room. As he walked down the stairs, he pulled a light blue shirt over his head. He ran his fingers through his messy hair and went into the kitchen.

Thomas was just leaving for work. He nodded absently at Marcus and walked out. As Marcus made himself some breakfast, an owl flew through the window carrying a newspaper on its leg.

Marcus eagerly went over to it and quickly untied it. He gave the bird some bread and it flew away.

He sat at the table, food and paper infront of him. He shovelled the food into his mouth as he read.

Last night William Houston killed his only child Percy. William, 46, turned himself in an hour after the crime was committed. His wife, Katarina, is presently in Mungo’s undergoing treatment for severe shock.

“It was right” William repeatedly said “He was wrong, I was right. I had to teach him a lesson. He deserved it. And he knew it. Awful boy he was, never doing what he was told, always doing the wrong thing. He deserved it!”

Percy attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and was in his sixth year. He had many friends and will be sorely missed by everyone.

William in currently also in Mungo’s before being transferred to Azkaban to await his trial.


Marcus was rather disappointed. He had actually been hoping for more information, more details. He had wanted a full page story.

He frowned as he finished his breakfast and moved his bowl to the sink. Only thing now was to wait until the holidays were over and he could see what the people at school thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
I tried to make the article longer, but, obviously I failed. :P
I just couldn't think of anything to write.

Oh, this story has nine more chapters I believe and then I will start putting up chapters for the sequel. :D