We Can't Wake Up

An Announcement

By the time they left the clearing the sun was beginning to set. For the entire time that they were in the clearing they had just sat together; no words had been exchanged, they just sat and held each other.

Anne was increasingly nervous as they walked towards the school. She couldn’t help wishing that they could have stayed there forever. She didn’t know what would happen when they walked into the building. Would he leave her again? Ignore her and torment her?

Marcus was also anxious. He didn’t know what he was going to do. He didn’t know how to control himself anymore, not when Anne was around anyway. There had been so many things that he had wanted to say to her but he just hadn’t been able to. He could feel that when he was with Anne nearly all of his defences were down, almost as if she could see right through him now; see everything that he felt and wanted to say.

Anne grabbed his hand when they were nearly at the front doors. She stopped walking and Marcus turned to look at her.

“Marcus, don’t leave me again,” it was barely a whisper.

Marcus had no idea how to respond. He wanted to hold her and tell her that he wouldn’t, but he wasn’t sure if that were true. Instead he leant down and gently kissed her cheek. Anne smiled slightly, taking this as the answer she wanted. However to Marcus it was neither a yes nor a no. It was just a way of not having to say anything.

Students were beginning to file into the hall for dinner. Arabella noticed that Anne and Marcus walked into the entrance hall together, their clasped hands only partly hidden by their school robes. She sighed and bit her lip. She wasn’t entirely sure if this would end well for Anne, Marcus had never seemed like a warm and inviting person, though admittedly he was the best looking guy in their year.

She pushed the thoughts from her mind and waved at Anne. Anne smiled and turned to Marcus.

“Tomorrow,” he said simply. Anne smiled and hurried over to Arabella.

Arabella raised her eyebrows but Anne shook her head. “Please don’t,” she pleaded as they sat down. Anne looked up and saw Marcus watching her. A warm feeling coursed through her body and she smiled as she looked down at her plate. For the first time in weeks she was happy again, though she wasn’t sure how long it would last.

Marcus continued to watch her and wondered what she was thinking about to make her blush so violently. He didn’t listen to a word Professor Pinge spoke before they were allowed to eat.

After the meal was finished Pinge stood again and called for the attention of the students. “Now, I know it is not customary but the teachers and I have decided to create a new tradition for Hogwarts School. This term there will be a ball. Of course the students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will also be coming. It is going to take place in one week.”

A roar of complaint swelled in the hall from all of the girls and many boys at the limited time.

“Please everyone be quiet. One week is plenty of time in which to find appropriate clothing. Now, off to your common rooms.” Pinge finished.

Marcus left the hall without looking at Anne again. The girls around him twittered constantly about how they would get their parents to send them something and what guy they would like to go with.

Richard was struggling not to laugh as he listened to a couple of the second years whispering. “Oh I hope Marcus asks me.” “Oh I know, it would be sooo cool if he asked me.” He nudged Arnold and they both listened to the various plans that they would use to get him to ask them.

Marcus was only thinking of how people would react when he went with Anne, because that was exactly what he intended to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, soo, they don't actually have a ball at the school, but I thought I would make one. :P
I kind of needed it in a way I suppose.
But anyways, four chapters left.

Oh, and quick question: I'm having a slight dilemma with the title for the sequel. Here are two options that I've thought of:
A) All You Wish For and All You Need
B) Everything Is Nothing Without You

If I could have as many opinions as possible on which one to go for that would be fantasic :D
Or if you would like to suggest something you think would be better, that would also be awesome
Thankyou :D