Daddy's Little Girl

Answers

"Is Derek here?" Ryan asked stepping into the kitchen.

"Naw he went to pick up the fan that won the contest." Jacky explained.

"Oh yeah, what's the plan anyway?"

"We're going to take her to lunch and just chill before we have the show." I explained.

"That's cool," Ryan answered.

"She's the one from the girl's home right?" Jacky asked and I nodded.

I had read and re-read that letter maybe a billion times; it touched me in a way I couldn’t fully understand. She had been abandon by her mother just like me and my music helped her. That meant a lot to me.

I wrote my music to help me overcome my past; to talk about it and the fact that it helped someone meant so much more to me. I looked at my phone and saw Derek had been gone for about 45 minutes.

Where was he?

Just then the door opened and all of our attention was drawn to it.

The guys made their way to it first and I stood back a moment. I don't know why but I just wanted to wait a moment. I heard their greetings to her and could see their backs as they each stepped up to hug the girl. I finally got up and they cleared the path. The short girl looked up at me and we both froze.
"Melanie?" I asked softly and she looked confused.

"Um, hi Mr. Radke, I'm Ricky" she smiled and I shook my head and smiled wide before pulling her into a hug.

My mind raced, she looked exactly like my first girlfriend; pale skin, big brown eyes, and her hair was the same texture, only difference is hers was bright red and my Melanie's was black. We pulled away and she smiled bright before looking at all of us.

"Well let’s go get something to eat!" Derek smiled and we all followed him out.

The guys started to talk to her about music and stuff while I just listened; shocking for me because usually I was always the one talking a fan’s ear off. I couldn't shake the feeling that she reminded me so much of Mel though.

We got into two separate cars to fit us all; Jacky, Ryan, and Mika in one and Derek, Melanie Ricky, and I in the other. She went to sit in the back but stopped when I opened the front door and motioned for her to get in it. She smiled and thanked me before we all got in and headed to a dinner nearby.

"So what's your favorite song?" Derek asked glancing between the girl and the road.

She looked down with a blush "The Day I Left The Womb" I smiled wide at the answer and Derek chuckled.

"Good song," he commented.

He parked and we all stepped out before making our way inside. We got a booth that fit six and I got in on one side first before pulling in Ricky next to me with a welcome smile. She blushed and I chuckled before picking up the menu and decided something quickly. Cesar salad.

"Can I ask you something?" I whispered to her and her eyes widened before she nodded. I was grateful the guys were distracting so I could have a semi-private conversation with her. "Do you know who your parents are?" She looked down and tugged at the hem of her shirt.

"Um no- well... I know my mom was around 14 and I know her first name but that's all the information the agency can give me."

"You don't know who your father is?" She shook her head and I frowned.

"Well what’s your mom's name?"

"Me-"

"Hey I'm Nicky and I'll be your waitress for today, what would you all like to drink?"

We all placed out drink orders and I completely forgot my question and the fact that I didn't even get an answer yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don’t think people put up for adoption get any information at all but for the sake of this story let’s pretend she knows a little :)
Comment & Subscribe!
-Neche Narcissist