Status: A work in progress..updated randomly

Follow My Lead

Thirteen

“Yo Kyle! Can you please stop staring and hurry up?” Maybel playfully snapped at Kyle. He groaned and continued up the jungle path. The group had been climbing for some time now and Kyle was exhausted.

Shouts were heard from up ahead. Kyle and Maybel managed to scramble up the rest of the mountain to see the view. Maybel gasped and grabbed Kyle’s hand. They were standing at the top of a waterfall looking out and down. After a moment of everyone catching their breath and taking in the view Andy spotted a sign, “GUYS LOOK! WE CAN FUCKING JUMP!!”

Everyone looked at each other for a moment. This is what they’d all been hoping for. Dave and Chloe took each other’s hands and jumped without looking back. Their shrieks echoed around them and they could hear the couple’s laughter from the bottom after they surfaced. The other four took the jump soon after.

Kye eyed Maybel, “I’m not jumping. There is no way.” He reluctantly took a quick peak over the edge and shook his head violently to validate his statement. Of course it only made Maybel erupt into laughter.

The group below was shouting up to them. Kyle pretended they weren’t. Maybel sauntered up to him, “Kyle, please?” He shook his head stubbornly. She pouted for a moment before she pressed her body against his. She trailed her finger down his chest, “Kyle, don’t be such a baby.” She spoke slowly. He sighed. He was so whipped.

“Fine darling. Whatever. You owe me big time.”

She clapped her hands together, “Arlight!” With that, she backed up a few steps and started running towards the edge. She grabbed Kyle’s hand as she ran passed him and they tumbled over the edge.

Kyle came up laughing with a huge grin, “That was so sick!” Everyone gave him ‘duh’ look before laughing along. They group hung out there for awhile before it started to get dark.

------

That night there was a bonfire hosted by the hotel. Kyle and Maybel figured it’d be okay for them to just chill out there.

Maybel looked up at Kyle, who was sitting next to her, “Hey hun, what are we going to do when you go on tour again? I mean...it’s not like you need as many merch people as before.Brian can handle a normal venue.” She looked down quickly again, embarrassed for bringing something so serious up.

Kyle smiled, “We make it work however we can. It’s out of the question to not be together when I’m on tour. That’d be absolutely no fun whatsoever.” That put Maybel’s nerves away instantly. She snuggled into his side.

Suddenly, they were drenched in water. Austin had dumped a bucket of freezing cold water on them. “AUSTIN YOU’RE SUCH A DICK!!” Maybel shouted before getting up to chase after the boy. He ran all the way to the ocean, which wasn’t that far, with Maybel at his heels. She chased him into the water and proceeded to push him under.

“Okay, Okay! May, I’m sorry!” Austin yelled through his laughter. May finally relented and playfully kissed his cheek. The rest of the group had joined them in the water and started splashing each other.

Kyle picked her up and brought her a little ways from the rest of the group. “Darlin’, we should head back. I have a surprise for you later.” Maybel didn’t bother to argue. She was extremely tired and was curious to see what Kyle had planned. So she nodded and pecked his lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm just trying to prove that this story is still alive. I'm completely scratching anything I had written from here on out and am making it up as I go. The previous path was going absolutely nowhere. I don't even know what to call that.

SO yeah this is just a little test run to see where I'm taking it...

ONE MORE THING. I would like to thank "WCAR07" for the helpful comment :)