Status: A work in progress..updated randomly

Follow My Lead

Fifteen

Kyle stared at the girl. She was lying. She had to be. It was a sick joke. There is no way in hell that Maybel could be dying. There was nothing wrong with her. She worked out all the time, ate right, and anything else to live a good life. What had gone wrong? He blinked and dropped her hand out of shock. May took it differently.

He lip started to quiver, “Kyle? Say something. Oh god, please say something.” She’d be damned if she cried, but looking at him she didn’t know if she could keep her composure. He slowly stood up. For a moment she was scared he was going to walk out the door but instead he gingerly moved her over so he could lay with her. She curled into him the best she could.

After what seemed like forever Kyle finally spoke, “What’s happening May? Can you fill me in?” His voice was quiet. It was more quiet than May thought it could go. It broke her heart...which was kind of the problem.

“There’s something weird with my heart. I didn’t want to know the details. It only happens to something like 150 people in five years.” She pauses to take a breath, “There’s really nothing I can do. They’re releasing me tomorrow and are basically saying to finish out my life. They give me two months tops. I’ve been prescribed some pills to slow it down but...”

Kyle kissed the top of her forehead, “Then you better start making a list of what you’ve always wanted to do because I’ll be damned if you miss out on something.” He pulled back a bit to smile at her. She smiled back, “You bet.”

-----

The next day, Kyle carried his girlfriend style out to his car. He told her that tour had been put on hold for a bit. She tried to protest but he said that this was what he wanted to do. They could always tour but now it seemed that he wouldn’t always be able to go bungee jumping with May.

She slept the whole way home. He pulled up to her and Dave’s apartment building where he carried her into her room and tucked her in. He went back into the living room where the rest of the guys were. Andy threw him a coke as he sat on the floor. Dave tapped Kyle’s shoulder, “So man, what does she want to do?”

Kyle dug the list out of his pocket and gave it to Dave.

“My list of adventures:
- Bungee jump
- zorb
- get a Red Wings tattoo
- crash a celebrity party
- reach a million followers on twitter
- mile high club (sorry Dave!!!)
- have something named after me”
Dave read the list off to everyone in the room from the list in Maybel’s tiny hand writing. Kyle actually grew red at the mention of the mile high club. They all started discussing how to make this all happen for the girl, all dancing around that particular request. That one was all on Kyle.
♠ ♠ ♠
re-doing. So lame.