Status: A work in progress..updated randomly

Follow My Lead

Five

Everyone was hanging out in the front lounge of the bus, everyone really just doing their own thing. Maybel was curled up in the corner of the couch absorbed in a book. Andy sat down at her feet. “What are you reading, Oh fair Maybel?” She held up the book cover which had a cliche picture of a couple on it, so he could read the title. “Oh god May. Not another one of those books. Read something interesting for a change. Please. I beg of you.”

She playfully glared at him, “This IS interesting! What’s so wrong with reading about romance, hmmm?” He shook his head. “Why would a pretty little thing like yourself stay couped up reading in here, when you could be out living these types of books? Seriously, look how promising Mike and you are!”

Maybel laughed, “I can’t live this book seeing as it takes place right before The Civil War.” Andy shrugged, “I stand corrected.” Kyle, who sat at the little table across from them, looked up, “Keep reading May. Mike’s not your prince.” Maybel glared at him, “Oh yeah Kyle? Why don’t you inform in who the right guy is!” He really hadn’t thought that she would jump on his comment like that and really didn’t have a response for her, so he blurted out the first name that came to mind, “well...Andy! Look at the two of you guys!”

By now the rest of the guys sitting in the lounge were listening to this conversation, and no one looked at Andy and Maybel. They were all staring blankly at Kyle. Then she started giggling. Andy joined in. Soon the whole lounge was laughing. Kyle gave up a little weary chuckle himself, just kind of going along with it.

“Oh yes! Andy is my dream boat.” She decided jokingly out loud. “C’mere.” She said to Andy. He leaned in and she pecked his lips. She pulled back a little bit, but much to everyone's surprise, she kissed him again. Andy cupped her face in his hands and put her hands over his. Josh whistled and Lou laughed, while Kyle’s jaw fell open.

When they finally broke apart, they were both flushed and smiling at eachother shyly. Dave looked at Kyle, “Looks like you know how to spot them, huh, bro.” Kyle nodded, faking a smile. ‘Good thing you’re not into her’ his conscious said sarcastically, as if to mock him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you "scandic" and "AbbyHomicide" for commenting!

Also, I'd just like to say, that this is a story for my friend because she originally wrote me a story (it's on a different site) and was never meant to be published. It's just been lying in my notebook for awhile so I figured I'd do something with it. The fact that anyone is reading this at all is really cool, so thank you :)