Status: A work in progress..updated randomly

Follow My Lead

Six

Much to Kyle’s relief nothing serious came out of that kiss. Sure, Maybel would stand closer to Andy, and they’d share looks, but it was all the same none the less. Still, Kyle envied that to no end. She still hung out with Mike and it became more apparent to everyone that the pair were becoming more and more serious. Kyle became more annoying than ever to Maybel, but she still begrudgingly would go watch their set. She couldn’t forget the way Kyle had sounded when he asked her that one time.

Maybel decided to eat a quick lunch before the gates opened outside the bus. Maybel sat on the ground, cross legged, glaring at Dave. Kyle plopped down next to her, “Why are you trying to kill your brother with your eyes?” She sighed with frustration, “Dave doesn’t want me to get a dermal so he won’t come with me. I really don’t want to go alone though, it freaks me out. So I asked Mike to go with me but he doesn’t want to get on Dave’s bad side. So, it all comes back to this being Dave’s fault!”

She leaned her head back against the bus and closed her eyes, accepting defeat. He studied her profile. She would look pretty with a face dermal like his own. “I’ll go with you” he said. Her eyes snapped open and she jumped up,”Ok let’s go now! I’m sure we have a little time!” Kyle stood up and laughed at her excitement,”Sure, I know a place we could go. We can walk to it if we’re quick.” In her excitement, she grabbed his hand and started running in the direction he had gestured towards.

A half an hour later, the pair were walking along a road back to the venue. As they walked, passed the warped tour traffic line that lead up to the venue. Kyle would politely wave to kids who shouted out their windows to him. They were sporting matching dermals and she was grinning ear to ear. She snuck a glance at him, “why’d you agree to come with me?” He shrugged, “Defeated is not a good look on you Darlin’.” She laughed and lightly shoved him.

“Ok, the real reason is, is I thought you’d look even more fucking hot with one than you already did.” She went to say something then paused. Then she just laughed and shook her head, “You’re something else Kyle. I hope you get a good girl someday.”

He stopped in his tracks and looked at her. She stopped and turned around, “You coming or what?” He looked at her, “Do you think you and Mike are going to get together?” She furrowed her brow, “Uh, I don’t know..why?” He started walking again, “I don’t know. I..I don’t know. You just know I’m here for you right May?” She nodded without looking at him. He suddenly pulled her to him and gave her a bone crushing hug. She was caught off guard but hugged back nonetheless.

They wove through the buses but before they reached the WCAR buses, Maybel spotted Mike. She shrieked and ran over to him. Kyle cringed and slowly made his way over to where they stood. “..and it didn’t even hurt!” He heard Maybel finish telling Mike. Mike smiled at her, “It looks great!” Maybel blushed and laughed with a thank you. Mike turned politely to Kyle, “What’s up man?”

Kyle gave the “sup” nod but didn’t say anything. Whether or not Mike could pick up on the vibes Kyle was giving off or not, Maybel definitely could. “Well, Romans’ set is soon so we have to get going but I’ll catch up with you later today?” Mike nodded and Maybel grabbed Kyle by the wrist and dragged him away.

“What the fuck was that?! Would it kill you to be nice to him?” Maybel crossed her arms. Kyle laughed with a hint of venom, “I WAS nice! Now, if you’d please move on, I need to change my shirt and get my ass to the stage.” She didn’t move. He rolled his eyes and picked her up bridal style, and carried her into the back lounge of the bus. He placed her on the couch and took off his shirt. She studied him as he dug around for a cleanish shirt.

Without looking at her, he spoke, “Face it May. You want me naked.” She made a gagging noise, but kept looking at him anyways. A little voice in her mind screamed “yes!” Just like every time he said something dumb like that. As always though, she ignored it. Kyle finally picked a shirt and threw it on, “ready to go?” She shook her head, “No, fuck you. You were rude to Mike.”

He sat down next to her and absentmindedly took her hand. “Please come. I was a fucking mess last time you weren’t there. Don’t let the fans down. I wanna put on a good show but I don’t know if I can without you.” He looked at her with a sheepish smile on his face. He realized he grabbed her hand and let go quickly. She stood up, “Ok, fine, let’s get going. I’m still mad at you though.” He followed her off the bus, “I wouldn’t have it any other way darling.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Holidays!