Status: A work in progress..updated randomly

Follow My Lead

Eight

Maybel didn’t try to go to Prada’s bus again to spend the night. She always made up some lame excuse or another. She felt bad but she took they guy’s words to heart. There was no need to rush things. Of course maybe two weeks later, everything hit the fan anyways.

Kyle rushed off stage as soon as they finished. He ran right over to Maybel. He’d decided that today was the day that he told Maybel that he wanted her. Sure, he told her everyday but this time he wanted her to understand how much he meant it. “May!” He called out to her. She looked up and he bombarded her with a massive hug. “Let’s go for a walk!” She shrugged and off they went.

“So I don’t think you take what I say seriously.” he smiled down at her. She laughed. “Of course I don’t! I really don’t think that you want to get me drunk and then stay up all night having sex with me. I really don’t.” He laughed along with her, “Hey sober sex works too! But really-” She cut him off holding up her hand, “I hate to do this, but I need to go back to the table so Brian can have some time for whatever he does. Sorry!” She ran off without waiting for a reply. He watched her go in disbelief but called after her loud enough so that she may have heard him, “I like you though! Just...” he lowered his voice so he was now talking to himself and threw his hands up, “Just throwing that out there.”

The sun was starting to go down seeing it was nearly 9:00. The last of the bands were playing and some people were already packing up their tents. A lot of the spectators had gone home so she was amazed that there were still so many people there.

She was on a mission to find There For Tomorrow. They always had weird things to help with boredom or sore throats or anything else that may be nagging at you. Of course, they weren’t near their stage or their vehicle. So, she set off in search of their tent. Amongst the people, she saw Mike not too far in front of her.

She was about to call out to him but then a girl came into view. She started rambling off the things she noticed mentally, ‘they are holding hands. They are standing extremely close to each other. They just kissed.’ Maybel suddenly felt sick to her stomach. It was like she was frozen to the spot. This is why she never bothered to try in relationships. She would get attached too quickly and would always ended up fucked over in the end.

She stood there watching the pair, kids jostling around her. Did no one else see this? Mike broke apart from the girl and looked around with a huge grin on his face. It disappeared the moment he saw Maybel. He made a move to go forward but she was faster. She turned on her heel and darted between people all the way back to the WCAR bus.

Josh was sitting in the front lounge. When he looked up, he saw a very distraught Maybel. She had tears spilling over her cheeks and her whole body was shaking. Before he could even react, she slammed the door. “I don’t care WHAT he says, do no let Mike Hranica in here. Period.” With that she went to find her brother. Of course, he wasn’t there. No one was. So she crawled into her bunk. Laying there thinking, going to Dave would only cause problems. She rolled over and tried to fall asleep.

Hours later she woke up in the dark. The bus was definitely moving. She heard Andy’s light snoring from the bunk under her. Then the day’s events all came back to her. She sat up and took a deep breathe. She really didn’t understand why he went through any trouble to be with her when he would just do that?

She got up and crawled into Kyle’s bunk after trying to cry quietly. He had been up trying to figure out if she actually was crying because he heard her sniffs from her bunk. He turned over to face her, ready with a witty and cheeky comment, but stopped when he saw her face. ‘So she had been crying’ he thought to himself.
“What’s wrong Darlin’?” He asked. Instead of answering, she buried her face into his chest and let the tears flow. He pulled his blanket back up over them, reached over her and pulled his bunk curtain shut. “Please tell me what’s wrong.” He said to her gently. She pulled away from him and looked up, “Mike’s with another girl! I..I saw it.” She started crying again and he wrapped his arms around her, telling her over and over again that she was fine and quietly shushed her.

Kyle eventually fell back to sleep after she did and they were discovered early in the morning by Dave. He left them sleeping once he took note of them being clothed. An hour or so after that, Kyle stirred and both of them woke up.

Maybel propped herself up by her elbows, “...sorry I intruded last night. I was just really upset.” Kyle was on his side with his hand on his cheek propping himself up. He put his other hand on her leg under the blanket, he couldn’t help himself. Here was Maybel, actually in his bed, where she had spent the night. He was delighted. “It’s okay, really. Don’t take this the wrong way, but why’d you come to me? I mean, why not Andy or Dave or something? I mean I’m happy you came to me but...”

She smiled at him, “I heard you yesterday. When I was walking away...and Andy snores.” Without thinking, he leaned in and kissed her dermal. “still sore?” he guessed from her slight flinch. He kissed her cheek, “better?” She nodded again. She kissed in on his cheek before he had the chance to lean back. Then she scrambled out of the bunk with a wink at him before hurrying off.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was stuck at home all day so I figured I'd just throw this one up.