Status: Under construction...

Without Lexie

three- Marrie


I sat down in the sticky plastic chair, my thighs stuck to it. I smiled, falsely, at Lexie. I wanted to crawl into her bed and sob. "Hey, beautiful. Sorry Carter couldn't be here, he'll be here in a bit had to stop at home for something." I said, trying to keep my voice calm.
"Marrie, come here..." Her voice was weak. I scooted my chair up as close as I could and held her hand.
"I'm right here, Lex..."
"I'm not gonna be here much longer, Mar... I can feel it..." tears filled her eyes. "You have to take care of Carter. Do you hear me?" I shook my head.
"You're... you're gonna be fine, Lexie. No saying goodbye..." She squeezed my hand.
"Marrie.. You have to hear me on this. I can feel it. It'll be a day or two... But I'm not going home... I just... You have to help him... Marrie... I..." She started crying. "Don't let him lose himself in losing me." There was a knock on the door. Both of us looked up to see a slightly scared Carter standing in the door.
"Uh... what's up with the tears?" He asked not moving.
"Hormones." Lexie and I said at the same time. He laughed awkwardly. I stood up and walked to him.
"I'm gonna head home..." I turned to Lexie and mouthed 'we'll talk about it later.'

I was laying in bed staring at my ceiling when my phone rang. I rolled slowly to get it.
"Yello?"
"Marrie?" Carter whimpered. I jolted up.
"What's wrong?"
"She's... Lexie is..." He sobbed.
"where are you?"
"Hospital." He forced out.
"Stay." I snapped in the most calm voice I could manage. I tugged on my shoes as I rushed out to the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
writing about Lexie is physically painful. I don't know why it breaks my heart so much. I've never lost anyone. I hope you enjoy it...
Comment what you think for a cookie. Like really..,. I have many cookies in the place I sleep.

T loves you...