Status: Under construction...

Without Lexie

six

Lexie danced around the living room like a ballerina and Marrie looked through a stack of DVDs as tall and she was. I sat silently, breathing in their energies. Marrie saw me watching and stuck her tongue out at me. Lexie laughed softly and flopped down on my lap.
"Hiya, baby." She giggled. Marrie turned quickly, a tight look on her face. I kissed Lexie's soft lips. Saturdays were my favorite... I got to spend them with my two best friends. Marrie sighed and tossed something in.
"Hey, Lex luther, off the lap." She laughed and pulled Lexie to the floor with her.
"psh, rude." She moved to sit between my legs and I played with her silky blonde hair.
"What'd you put in, Mar?" I asked as I hit play.
"car-car! Look over here baby!" A voice from the TV called out. I froze a strand of Lexie's hair caught in my fingers. There was an image of me, five year old me, smiling at my mom and the camera. She spun the camera around, eyes staring at the lens, at me.
"Happy birthday, Carter I love you so much!."
I couldn't breathe. Both Marrie and Lexie turned to me when the screen turned black.
"Baby-" Lexie began/
"When did she take that?" Marrie whispered cutting Lexie off
"She left that night... it was my 5th birthday." I stood up quickly. "Are you guys hungry? I'm starving." I grabbed my keys and ran to my car