Status: Complete :D

Baby, What if I Can't Forget You?

Baby, What if I Can't Forget You

2 Years Later
Piper's POV

Things changed for me this exact day 2 years ago. Today is mine and Vic's anniversary and I couldn't be happier. The day we got together was perfect in every way. He kept his promise and stayed by my side until I beat my eating disorder. He also stayed with me when I went into a deep depression after my mom was killed in a car wreck. It happened shortly after we got together.

Flashback

I came home to an empty house, which was strange, but it wasn't as strange as the eerie feeling I had when I walked in. I instantly knew something was wrong and tried calling my mother. It went straight to voice mail and I knew something was up. My mother never kept her phone off. I ran next door as quickly as possible and straight into the house knowing no one but Vic was at home. I found him in his room with a strange look on his face. When I asked him what was wrong he just shook his head and asked me to come lay down with him. His behavior was strange, but I ignored it for the time being. He seemed distracted the whole time and jumped when we heard a knock on the door. It was his mother. She seemed startled that I was there, but all she did was shake her head to Vic. I noticed a tear fall from her eye, but I didn't want to ask her what was wrong.

Vic will tell me if something's wrong...

As soon as she left the room Vic sighed and pulled me into a tight hug. Something was definitely wrong.

"Vic, will you please tell me what's going on?" I asked as calmly as possible.

He pulled away from the hug and looked me directly in the eyes. Worry was written all across his face. He took my hands in his and took a deep breath.

"Something bad happened, Piper." he started.

I instantly thought about my mother.

"What?" I said urgently.

He didn't respond right away. He looked away from my face to the window in his room that faced my house. He took in another deep breath that was shaky. It sounded as if he were about to cry.

"Vic? What happened? Please...you're starting to scare me." I said with tears welling up in my eyes.

He looked at me once again with tears in his own eyes.

"Your mom...she's....."

"She's what, Vic?" I asked beginning to stress and panic.

"She's dead." he said and tears fell out of his eyes.

I let go of Vic's hands and sat up straight.

No...No. She can't be.....She's all I have left.

"NO!" I screamed and clutched my chest.

"She was in a car wreck on her way home from work." Vic said quietly, placing a hand on my leg.

My heart hurt. My mind raced with thoughts of my mother's mangled body in a car. It wouldn't stop and I couldn't stop the pain. My mother was gone and there was nothing I could do. So I cried. I cried out and screamed and slammed my fists down on the bed. I cried so hard my head began to pound and my vision was blurry. I couldn't stop. Vic wrapped his arms around me once I was done flailing around on the bed and rubbed my back while I cried into his chest. I cried for what felt like hours. I finally heard a knock on the door, but I didn't stop crying just as hard as I was when I started. I looked up when the door opened, and Tony, Mike, Tori, and Jaime all walked in with sad looks on their faces. Tony held his arms open and I shot off the bed to hug him. Tori had tears running down her face when I hugged her, and Mike and Jaime both looked close to tears as well. I tried to choke back my tears so I could say something, but that wasn't happening.

I was in too much pain.

End Flashback

Vic made sure I wasn't alone after that day. He stayed with me when he could, and when I wasn't with him I stayed with Tony, Jaime, Mike, or Tori. They all kept me sane from that day forward.

Vic and I's relationship only moved forward from there. We graduated high school and got an apartment together. I got a job working at a bookstore just down the road from our place, and Vic worked for a music shop in town.

Today we both took off work because we wanted to spend every moment together knowing it was our two year anniversary. We were completely in love with each other, but we never said it. It was just assumed I guess.

The day was winding to an end as me and Vic sat on the couch watching some lame movie. I was sitting up, and he had his head in my lap. I played with his hair the entire time. We had been out and about all day doing silly things and just enjoying each others company. It was perfect.

"Hey." he said looking up at me.

I looked down and smiled, "Yes, Victor Vincent Fuentes?"

He chuckled every time I called him by his full name.

"You're cute." he said.

"Thanks. You're cute too." I said poking his nose.

We stared at each other for a good minute before he spoke again.

"I love you, Piper." he said genuinely.

I broke out into the biggest smile I could ever imagine and Vic started laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked him, still smiling.

"Because you have the goofiest grin on your face right now." he said pointing up at me.

"I love you." I finally said to him.

He sat up and scooted right up next to me. He kissed me softly and held my hands.

"I want to be with you forever. I'm 100 percent positive of that....you think you're ready to change your last name?" he said after our kiss.

My breath was caught in my throat. Is he asking me to marry him? Cause I'm totally about to say yes.

But I couldn't. I couldn't even speak, I was so shocked. So I just nodded my head as fast as I could, and I felt tears in my eyes. I watched as his smile grew and he pulled out a small, black box from his pocket. I jumped into his arms and cried.

"You make me whole. You make everything perfect. Thank you." he said while holding me in his strong arms.

"I love you so much, Vic. You're amazing." I whispered through the tears.

I've never been happier in my entire life than with the man I love. This is the happiest ending to a tragic story.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end.
Don't hate me!!!
But it had to end. I'm completely out of ideas for this. Starting my next story later on with Tony Perry. I hope you guys read that one too. And I'll probably do another Vic story in the near future.
I hope you guys enjoyed it :)
Thank you so much for reading.