Status: Complete :D

Baby, What if I Can't Forget You?

Now or Never

Piper

I didn't speak to Vic for the rest of the week, nor did he try to communicate with me. I tried to keep him off my mind, but everything he's ever said to me still plays in my head like a broken record. It was all I could do to keep him out of my head. I hung out with Tori and Mike every day after school this week and let them convince me that everything would be alright.

I trusted them.

Sadly, today everyone is off doing their own thing until later that night when I was supposed to be hanging out with everyone. They said they had a surprise for me.

I sat outside on this warm, Saturday afternoon with my acoustic guitar laying on the grass beside me. I haven't played since I moved here so I decided that today would be a perfect day, but right now my mind was on Vic, but not in a bad way.

All I could picture were those big, chocolate brown eyes I saw the first day I met him. Everything about him was beautiful. His hair, at shoulder length, had been wavy on the day we met. Every day after that it was straightened to perfection. And when he smiled at me, I knew I could love him. I wanted to love him.

But I was wrong. Everything I thought from the beginning was wrong. In my head I pictured a movie scene: girl drops books, boy helps her, they smile and blush, they end up falling in love. But with Vic, it was a completely different story. I couldn't help but fall for that arrogant smile though. It took every bit of me to not tell him how beautiful he was right there.

I could never love someone as confused as Vic. Every look on his face gives me chills. We've barely known each other for a week and I'm already disappointed with the outcome. My thoughts are disoriented around him and I get weak in the knees.

He knows he has this power over me, but I keep letting him win.

I sighed to myself and picked up my guitar.

Might as well try to be productive....

Vic

I stared out the window, watching this beautiful girl play her acoustic guitar in the yard. The wind blew her hair back just enough to see her pretty face.

I wanted to join her outside in the warmth of the sun and sing along with her, but I knew it would be unacceptable. So I opened up the window so I could at least hear what she was playing. It was unfamiliar to me, but her voice carried so clearly to my ears.

"I've fallen victim to my greatest fear.
The calendar marks that I lost a whole year.
Three-sixty-five, I'm barely alive.
Grace took her good natured time to arrive.
Oh my God, this year has dealt me a horrible hand.
I'll try and explain, but you won't understand.
Well wait, what's today's date?
There's plenty of time left to procrastinate, or plan my escape

Let me go
Let me go

The Autumn leaves join in a bittersweet chorus,
A hymn so inspired as if to inform us they're leaving soon.
She sends a kiss that we just barely miss,
Before Winter sets in and exposes our sins.

Let me go
Let me go

I want to be where nobody knows me.
I'll be behind the perfect disguise.
I'll drive away, I'll disappear.
I want to be anywhere, but here.

Spring-time, ever changing,
My life's re-arranging,
So it seems I'm going down now.
Tears fall on the ash, my heart's fading fast.

Let me go
Let me go

While I wait for the New Year
To introduce new fears,
I'm wishing that I could be
Anywhere but here."

Her voice was so pleasing to my ears. I want her to sing directly to me. I want to be the person she writes her songs about...

I want to be her friend. I want her to see me, not as a cocky asshole, but as the guy everyone else knows me as. I want her to think I'm funny and charming. I want her to see that I'm sensitive and that I am capable of caring for other people.

But every time she comes near me, I freeze.

I just want my brain to quite freaking on me whenever she's around. I hate stumbling over my words.

I just want her to see...
♠ ♠ ♠
stupid short filler.

Song Credit: Calendar Marks- My Favorite Highway