I Never Meant to Hurt the Ones Who Cared

one.

Owen got up lazily off of his bed and immediately ran towards his mother's bedroom where he barged through the door and jumped on her slumbering body.

"Momma, wake up!" He screamed happily "It's the first day of school!"

Bellona lazily stirred doing her best to calm down the over excited kid who was sitting on her uncomfortably. After taking a second to wake up she grabbed the kid by his waist and lifted him, bringing Owen to the washroom so she could make sure he brushed his teeth and got dressed properly.

Even after two years she couldn't believe how much Owen reminded her of his father. It was like the kid had no off switch and was constantly hyper, but she loved him to death. After she got him dressed in a tiny sized Metallica t-shirt and a comfortable pair of jeans she brought him downstairs to the kitchen where she poured him a bowl of cereal and milk. She then turned on the TV and headed upstairs to get changed herself.

It was not only the first day of school for her son, but for her too. While Owen was finally starting pre-school, Bellona was going to college. She needed to make sure that she could get a job in the future in case anything went wrong with their financial situation. She decided to go back to university so she could ensure a future.

After she got dressed and ate some food, she brought Owen to his pre-school where she headed inside with him. It was small, about twenty kids, but it was also one of the highly respected pre-schools in the area. She told him to go play with the other kids before heading towards the office to get some documents out of the way.

"Hey, I'd like to add an emergency contact and also a name to who will be picking Owen up?" She asked the lady at the desk. The lady nodded bringing her into the owner's office.

As soon as Liliana saw Bellona walk through the door her face perked up into a sympathetic smile. She knew Bellona since high school and they were good friends. She always felt bad about what happened and also that Owen had to grow up without a father figure around.

"So I'd just like to add my mom as an emergency contact, and also she'll be picking Owen up when he gets off?" Bellona said taking a seat.

"Of course. Let me just add it - your mom's name is Rebbecca correct?" She asked. Bellona nodded with a small smile on her face.

"How are you holding up?" Liliana asked her quietly.

Bellona just responded that she was alright. They chatted for a while about Bellona going back to school and how excited Liliana was that she was able to have Owen in her pre-school. She always loved the little rascal. After a couple of minutes Bellona said goodbye and headed back to her car and towards the university.

Being truthful, Bellona was completely terrified of her first day. She wasn't a very social girl, however she was still capable of making friends. She lost contact with a lot of them when she started hanging out with Jimmy for fear of their safety, or else he didn't trust them, but after Owen was born she hardly hung out or paid attention to them.

She knew that a lot of her "friends" from high school would be at the university, as much of her graduating class went to the local uni. They would all be in their last years of schooling though, while she was still starting her first, so she didn't have to worry about being in the same classes as them.

She pulled into a parking spot a block away from the university. She didn't mind walking the short distance to her first class. She had attended orientation three days previous where she got her schedule. She signed up to major in Music and minor in Photography. Although the jobs she could get out of both courses may not be as good as if she went into law or medicine, it was something she loved and hoped she would excel in.

Bellona walked towards her first class which was Music Production. She noticed the dim lights when she first walked into the music building of the school. It gave her a dark vibe and it didn't feel like a school, rather an odd museum. She disregarded the fact and headed towards room 208.

She was the first student there since she was quite a bit early. She took a seat at the side of the classroom and pulled out her notebook where she started doodling mindlessly. She didn't realize that someone else had walked into the room and was heading towards her, so when the man said hello she nearly fell out of her seat.

"I'm your teacher, Mr. Baker. What's your name?" Bellona studied the man quickly before she answered. He definitely didn't look like your normal teacher. He looked to be in his late twenties. His hair was pushed up with gel, but not in the way where he looked like a Jersey Shore douche. He had a pair of rectangular Ray Ban glasses on along with a white shirt and black vest with black jeans to match. She could see a tattoo on his hand that led to his arm and wondered if he had a full sleeve.

"Bellona" She said quietly with a smile on her face "Nice to meet you."

"You too. Why are you so early? I heard there was a huge welcoming party at dorms last night so I imagine everyone will be either late or hungover, or both" He grinned a bit at the last part.

"Oh, I don't live on campus, and I had to drop my son off at pre-school early today" She told him.

This shocked him for a second. She didn't look like the type of girl who would have settled down with someone, let alone have a kid. She had the perfect body, petite and adorable, and he couldn't believe that a baby would have grown inside her, or that she was pregnant at any point in her life.

"Aw, how old is he?" Mr. Baker asked with an adorable smile on his face. He always had a weakness for little kids. He wished he would just have some himself but his girlfriend refused to do so until they got married, but he was opposed to the constitution of marriage.

"Three, and he's already wreaking havoc like his father." Bellona answered truthfully. The last part was absolutely true. He was a handful and she couldn't believe she hadn't broken down by now.

Mr. Baker's smile grew even wider which caused Bellona to blush a little bit. He paused for a second before asking her what Owen's father was like.

"Fucking insane. He'd always be off the walls, when he was sober too" She added the last part with a little giggle "But I love him. Just a handful, you know? Like when we used to go to the mall or anywhere in public all eyes would be drawn on him. Either because he's being loud and hilarious or he's wearing the most ridiculous thing. Like one time I had to endure being seen in public with him when he was wearing a barbie robe."

When talking about Jimmy, she felt tears running to her eyes and she did her best to hide them. She wiped them away quickly without Mr. Baker knowing as he laughed at what she said.

Then he asked one of the questions she was hoping wouldn't come up. "What does he do for a living?"

"He… he's… he passed away three years ago" She muttered quietly looking down at her hands.

He felt completely horrible and sympathetic towards Bellona. Without thinking, he just reached over and wrapped his arms around her pulling her close to him. He muttered a small "sorry" and just held her there for a little while.

When the loud bell rang, they broke apart. She had a few tears running down her cheek which he wiped away giving her a small smile. He then muttered in Bellona's ear that they should hang out sometime and that he was again, sorry for asking, before he headed towards the front of the classroom and setting up his computer to give the lecture.
♠ ♠ ♠
I already have quite a bit of subscribers! Glad that you guys like it so far.... you know it'd mean a lot if you would comment right? Haha :P

Well, if you're up to it, you should comment and let me know what you think. I already have quite a few chapters done for this story but I want to know if you guys are up for reading it.

Also, be sure to check out my Bucketlist [Avenged Sevenfold Contest]! (: