We Could Leave This Town and Run Forever

You’re Motherly Instinct

The past three months have been CRAZY! Tom and I got married three weeks ago. Yes, we planned a wedding in two months, it was insane but Tom and I got it done. We really wanted to have it on May 4th because that is, may the fourth be with you, day and it was a movie theme since we both love movies so much so why not have it on star wars day! It was a pretty small wedding and we went to Disneyworld for our honeymoon and just got back two weeks ago, we had such a wonderful time.

And guess what? Kylee and Ryan are staying in England! Ry’s band is ‘taking a break’ and so they bought the cutest house like three houses down from Tom and mine and are staying here. Ky’s only about a month away from her due date now, it’s so exciting! I can’t wait for their baby to come.

“Tom, I’m nervous,” I sighed as I sat on the counter, waiting for this stupid thing to pop up on the screen.

“Don’t be honey,” He beamed, brushing some hair behind my ear and kissing my forehead.

“I just want to be sure our careers won’t interfere with our family,” I vented.

“It won’t though,” Tom assured me while wrapping his arms around my waist. “Why does this bother you so much sweetie?”

“I just….don’t want our kids to grow up the way I did,” I sighed while dropping my eyes from Tom’s gorgeous brown ones.

“I thought you were really close with your dad though?” He questioned. “Didn’t he teach you about music?”

“Yeah, he was a musician but he was always on the road, doing shows and stuff. He was barely home and didn’t make much money so my mom worked full time and was always gone. I grew up at daycare basically or by myself and not having my parents around was horrible. I don’t want our kids to have to go through the same thing,” I explained.

“Aw honey,” Tom cooed, holding me against his chest. “But if we are having a baby, than your music career is already on hold a little, other than writing because of Ky and you said that you wanted to stop doing the tv show and just be a guest star so didn’t they say you’d only have to come in for filming every month or two.”

“Yeah they did but what about you Tom, I want you to be around too. I’m not saying you shouldn’t do McFly, of course you should I’m just thinking maybe we should have waited until McFly wasn’t gone as much,” I went on.

“I already have that covered. All of us have been talking and we don’t really want to do any more out of country tours. Everyone is kind of tired of those, we just want to do England shows and we’re kind of to the point where we all want to do less shows and focus more on our music. Making our music and albums amazing and more often rather than sporadic albums and more shows so I’m going to be around more,” Tom told me.

I looked at the three pregnancy tests sitting on the counter as we waited for the time to be up and the results to show up on the screen and then my eyes flickered back to Tom, “Now I really want those to say yes.”

“I do too honey,” He grinned, kissing my lips gently. “I’ll take care of you and the baby, don’t worry. I’ll always be around.”

“I know. I’m sorry I got so worried about that,” I replied, hugging up to him.

“It’s your motherly instinct,” Tom told me with a smile.

“We don’t know if I’m going to be a mother yet,” I giggled.

“Looks like we do,” He said, motioning his head toward the tests.

I looked over to see that all three were…positive. Tears immediately boiled in my eyes and a big smile planted itself on my face as I looked back at Tom.

“We’re going to have a baby,” Tom softly said as he had as big of a smile as I did.

All I did was let out a squeal as I jumped into his arms and the two of us shared a lot of laughs and kisses. I was worried about us being around but we do have it worked out now and I couldn’t be happier to start my little Fletcher family with my wonderful husband.
♠ ♠ ♠
me either....i'm kind of hot.....and hungry... lol

Tom and Kirstie Fletcher