We Could Leave This Town and Run Forever

Let Me Light Up The Sky

“I like this color a lot more now,” I sighed as I watched Ryan cover up the last section of the room that we really needed to get a move on for the baby.

“I would hope. You only went through twenty different color choices,” he chuckled.

“This one’s perfect,” I smiled up at him as he walked over, his brown eyes glowing behind his cute little dark framed glasses.

“He’ll love it,” he pressed on once his hand rested on my stomach.

Reacting to his father’s touch, our baby, that we found out months ago was a boy, gave a gentle kick. I think this one’s going to be a daddy’s boy.

“We put this off so much,” Ryan started as he looked around the room.

“At least we have everything,” I countered.

“Yeah… I just need to put it together,’ he groaned.

“I’m sure the McFly guys would help,” I added.

“Yeah… sure,” he pushed out a bit of laughter.

I rolled my eyes playfully as I reached for my phone. I know Tom would be willing to help. And that gives Kirstie and I time to hang out while the boys work. As the phone rang, I placed my hand back on my stomach. This baby was determined to kill my kidneys’ I swear. He’s kicking so much now! Thanks for waking him, Ryan!

“Hello?!” Kirstie asked and seemed super excited about something… but then again that’s all the time…

“Hey, what are you guys doing?” I asked casually.

“Oh, you know… just found out that I’m pregnant,” she said like it was no big deal.

“Oh, cool. So, Ryan and I were wondering…” I started to change subjects, but then I just realized what she said. “Wait… what?!” I quickly threw back at her.

“Yeah! Tom and I just found out that we’re going to have a baby!” she nearly squealed.

“Aw, I’m so happy for you guys,” I cooed. My bestie and I expecting at the same time. Who would have thought?

The two of us went on to talk about being pregnant. It was kind of… weird. Kirstie was just finding out and I was getting ready to have mine. It was this weird, been there, done that thing. But I was so, so happy for my best friend. Her and Tom are going to have such a cute little family.

Once we got off the phone, it was starting to get late. I was tired. And Ryan was wore out from all that painting. He was more than happy to go to bed with me. But as I lay there with him, it was so hard for me to get comfortable. Our baby would not stop kicking! And it was starting to hurt too. What did I do to tick off the little guy?

“You ok?” Ryan asked gently after I had let out a few whimpers.

“He’s kicking a lot,” I muttered.

He gave me a little put before he sat up and gently rubbed my stomach. That wasn’t doing anything! It only frustrated me. He then went on to speak soothing words to my stomach, nearly begging for our baby to settle down. That didn’t work either.

“Let me light up the sky,
Light it up for you.
Let me tell you why,
I would die for you.
Let me light up the sky,”
he started to sing so softly. It made me smile. It was so adorable.

“I can't find a wall to pin this to,
They're all coming down since I've found you.
I just wanna be where you are tonight…”
he would have kept going, but I stopped him by holding up my hand.

“I think he’s… asleep,” I spoke softly, afraid that I would wake him.

Ryan smiled as he waited for a kick from our baby boy, but it never came. After a few minutes, I relaxed back into bed as Ryan retreated back to his previous spot. Oh thank God.

“Thank you,” I sighed once he nuzzled up to me.

“Anytime, sweetheart,” he chuckled.

My smile came over me as I reached over to leave a soft kiss on his nose, bringing that grin through as well. Before closing his eyes, he whispered that he loved me. Of course I returned his words, still being quiet before I allowed myself to drift off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm cold... but I just woke up and my room's always cold.... GHOSTS! I need Dean Winchester!!! lol jk

Ky

comment??