We Could Leave This Town and Run Forever

We Write Together. That's It.

A month and a half… that’s how long I’ve been away from Ryan. We’ve talked quite a bit. But I still miss him so much. And I know he misses Liam and I to no end. It makes me feel bad for coming… add the Alex thing into all of this and it’s just terrible!

I’m halfway through though. Just another month and half and I’ll be headed back home! Once I’m there, everything should be fine. Or so I hope.

Today, Alex and I were the only ones that needed to be in the studio. The producer didn’t want the other three distracting anyone. But it’s so funny when they work up the producer!

Alex and I had written this song and he suggested that I sing on it. How could I turn that down? That was the game plan for today. The track was sat up. All it was missing was the vocals. And with the way Alex and I crack each other up, it may be a little more difficult than one could imagine.

“Ok, take five,” the producer, Mike, said once I started cracking up while trying to make it through a verse. Alex was making faces at me from behind the glass though!

“I need an aspirin,” Mike muttered as he walked out of the room.

Alex and I shared a chuckle before I plopped down on the couch next to him. Once our laughter faded, this awkward silence filled the room. It was so uncomfortable. This hasn’t happened before between the two of us. What’s gong on?!

“Paint yourself a picture, something perfectly obscure,” Alex started to sing the song we couldn’t get through, “To hide away the messes behind your manicure.”

“And all of my obsessing to find the perfect words
Sick of second guessing, I didn't mean to make you hurt,” I added

“What do you say when your heart's not in it, your heart's not in it?
What do you do when you just don't get it, you just don't get it?
Where do you go when you reach your limit, you reach your limit?
'Cause all I know, all I know is
You are my only one, you are my only one,” we both sang, running through the chorus… without laughing!

“We can’t we do that when we’re actually recording it?” he asked through a chuckle.

“Because you always have to make me laugh!” I shot at him while giving his shoulder a shove.

“Your laugh’s cute though,” he said.

His comment made my face flush red. I didn’t want it to happen, but it did! Being away from Ryan, I haven’t gotten many compliments lately… I didn’t really know how to handle it. But my smile came through, bringing Alex’s as well. To try and break our eye contact, I let my head fall to the side… Alex’s shoulder just happened to be there… Oops.

“Are you blushing?” he taunted while his arms found their way around my middle.

“NO!” I countered.

He chuckled before holding me closer. Once he loosened his grip around me, I tried to sit up, but he tightened his arms once again. I looked up at him and his eyes… just shocked me. I couldn’t look away. They looked like Ryan’s. They were just so brown and… beautiful.

Before I had the chance to shake that thought aside, Alex slowly inched forward. This knocked me out of my trance… fast! I brought my hand up to his chest, pushing him away. No, no, no, no, NO!

“Alex…” I started, sitting up from the position that I was in, tucked into his arms.

“I’m sorry. It’s just… you’re so…” he started to say.

“We write together. That’s it,” I cut him off. I didn’t even want to know what he had to say.

“I know, but…”

“Lets get Mike in here and finish this song,” I cut him off again.

He stared back at me for a few seconds before he got up and walked out of the room. Minutes later, he came back, accompanied by Mike. Without saying a word, I stepped back into the booth… and laid down my parts of the song.

Once it was done, I said I needed to get home. Things with Alex have gotten to a point that I never wanted to get to. He wanted to kiss me! I’m married! And I have a beautiful son with the guy I’m married too. I know we didn’t kiss, but I just felt like it was partly my fault. I gave him that impression that he could… kiss me.

When I was finally home with Liam, I laid on the floor, playing with him. I did everything I could to clear my mind. But that was all I could think about. I needed to get away from here. I needed to be home. This isn’t the right place for me… yet I’m supposed to be here for another month and half…
♠ ♠ ♠
AND TANNER!!! ... as we're starting another Tanner/Kendall story... lol

Ky

comment??