We Could Leave This Town and Run Forever

No Ring Yet?

Ryan and I were able to make it to the venue… but Kirstie was already on stage! I was a little bummed, but at least I got to see the last couple of songs she did. I was tempted to go running out with her, but… I didn’t want to take anything away from her act. It was still flawless nonetheless.

When she was done, she walked off of stage. I stayed hidden until Tom and her had their little greeting. Once they let go of each other, I moved closer, unable to hide my smile. Her eyes slowly came up to mine. They stayed there for a few seconds before her brain caught up to what her eyes were seeing.

“Kylee!” she squealed before she nearly tackled me to the ground.

“Kirstie!” I tried to squeal back through my giggles.

“Oh my gosh, I have so much to tell you!” she kept going as her grip loosened on me.

“I do too!” I smiled back.

“But I have to go first. It’s so exciting!” she just couldn’t stop.

She went on to grab me by the wrist and pull me down the hall with Ryan in toe. We went back to her dressing room where she pulled me onto the couch while she sat. Ryan pulled up a seat next to us too.

“Ok, what is it?” I couldn’t help but laugh. It must be something if she’s this excited.

“Ok, so… long story short… I’m going to be on a TV show!” she could barely contain her excitement.

“Ah, that’s awesome!” I was happy for her.

“Yeah, and since we’re kind of taking a break, I thought... why not?” she countered.

“Oh,” I pushed out.

I was happy for her. This is such a huge thing for her. But… I came her to start making music with her again. With her acting starting up, she’s not going to have much time for that. Um…

“So, what did you have to tell me?” she changed subjects.

“Oh um…” I tried to think quickly.

I was failing though. I turned my gaze to Ryan, trying to get him to help me some how. What do I say now? I can’t tell her that I came to start singing with her again! She’s got plans… and I don’t want to ruin them…

“Ky and I are talking about getting married,” Ryan spoke up.

Good one, Ry!

“Aw, are you really?” Kirstie cooed, smiling at Ryan and I.

“Yeah… Ryan started babbling on about it a few weeks ago,” I smiled over at him, causing him to stick his tongue out at me.

“No ring yet?” she continued to smile.

“Hey, one thing at a time,” Ryan butted in as he came over to sit next to me.

“I knew you guys would get married!” she added once Ryan slung his arm around my shoulder.

“What about you and Thomas?” I countered.

“We’re good… really good,” she smiled.

“Aw,” I taunted, noticing her cheek burn with red.

It made me smile as I nuzzled up to Ryan. This may not have gone the way I planned, but… I’m still pretty happy. Kirstie seems like she’s happy. It’s what she wants to do. And no matter what, I’m going to support her. Even if it’s not the two of us making music anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment?? :D