We Could Leave This Town and Run Forever

I've Sworn Off Dating

After the show, Tom pulled Kirstie along to go meet Busted. I kind of already knew one third of Busted, so I quietly snuck out of everyone’s eyesight before going back to the bus. Yeah, it would be nice to meet Busted, but I’m going to be on tour with them. I’m sure I’ll see them eventually. I’m just not ready right now! I need to talk to Ryan. Once I got back to the bus, I did just that!

“How’d the first show go?” he asked after our little greeting.

“Good,” I yawned while collapsing onto the back couch.

“Someone’s tired,” he chuckled.

“It’s hard work!” I giggled.

“I bet you did amazing,” he countered.

“Yeah,” I sighed.

“You ok?” he pressed on.

“Yeah, I just… miss you,” I lied recovered.

“I miss you too. But you can’t worry about that. You just worry about you and how awesome of a time you’re having,” he went on.

He continued with this little pep talk until we said our goodbyes. Once I hung up, I let my phone sit on the couch next to me as I gazed up at the ceilng. It’s just… a guy in a band. Why am I worried about seeing him? URG!

While I was lost in my thoughts, I heard people climbing onto the bus. I stayed planted where I laid. I can fake sleep like a pro.

“KYLEE!!” I heard Kirstie screech. Ok… no one can fake sleep when she’s around!

“What?” I groaned.

“Did you have your Ryan chat, so we can chat?” she giggled before plopping down across from me.

“I miss Ryan,” I whined, trying so hard to avoid the subject I knew she wanted to talk about.

“And I’m sure he misses you. But he is not here, so suck it up!” she taunted.

“Some best friend,” I snickered.

“Ok, seriously. What happened with you and Matt? He seemed like a nice guy tonight,” she questioned.

“Nothing happened…” I started.

“But…” she tried to get me going again.

“When I tried the whole studying thing, I met Matt at this club. I didn’t know who he was at the time. I never put two and two together until I found out he last name,” I started explaining.

“So, you guys started dating?” he asked.

“No… we just… hung out a lot. We were more… party buddies than anything. I wanted to be his girlfriend…”

“So why weren’t you?” she butted in.

“He liked to party… a lot. It got to the point where I was worried about his own health. I told him I wasn’t going to start anything with him until he cleaned up. But he choose to go out more… and get into harder stuff,” I pushed out.

“I’m sorry, Ky,” she added.

“I shouldn’t be as torn up about it as I am, but… I guess I liked him more than I let myself believe…” I sighed.

“But you have Ryan now!” she grinned as she pushed herself to her feet to sit by me, giving me a hug. “And you two are so cute together,” she went on, making me smile.

“Ryan’s a really good guy,” I couldn’t help but smile.

“He is! Hey, maybe he’ll get time off and he can come visit,” she suggested, causing me to be a little more happy. That’d be amazing.

“So… how’d your little Busted meet and greet go?” I asked, shifting gears.

“They’re really nice,” she smiled at me.

“Which one do you have a little crush on?” I taunted, poking her cheek.

“No one!” she shot back quickly… I knew.

“Which one?” I laughed at her.

“I don’t like him… he’s just cute,” she sighed.

“Is it Matt?” I questioned through a goofy grin.

“No! But… James,” she pushed out softly.

“Oh my gosh, you two would be perfect together,” I had to laugh. They’re both kind of… nerdy… in a good way though!

“He’s cute! I don’t like him! Plus… I’ve sworn off dating,” she quickly muttered.

“Uh huh…” I smiled at her.

“Shut up and call your stupid boyfriend!” she shot at me playfully before she got up and walked out to the front of the bus.

Once she was gone, I laughed and fell back onto the couch. Kirstie thinks James is cute! I can’t blame her though. He is super cute. But I have my own super cute guy back at home. All of these English boys may be all cute and stuff. But they can be trouble… a lot of trouble and heartache.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so frickin excited for Christmas! :D

comment??